• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I can't remember offhand. I remember it was something I had to do and I didn't do it and then I saved, and then no matter what I did I couldn't beat it because I would be caught and lose. I tried so many different ways and even looked up guides and all I learned was that there was no way out of the way I had saved myself in. :(

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Do you restart the game when you lose? You have to press continue on the game over screen and the game will send you back where you can try again.

Years
Yeah, I don't know games to play. So recommend me some, no fps anyway, my mum doesn't likes me to play FPS, speaking of that, am I the only person whose parents doesn't like him/her to play fps games?

My parents didn't like me playing those types of games (back then it was GTA for the GBA), but I did a big speech on how the game isn't going to change the way I perceive right and wrong and I know it is only a game; they let me play them after that. *Fist pump*

Anyway, what type of games do you like and what consoles do you have access to? :3​

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
aaaaaaa Wario Land 4! I've benn playing that for the past few days on my 3DS!

Oh and I've also played Mario Kart Super Circuit but the controls are so loose I can't play it :c
Wario Land 4 is my favorite game of all time. I'm in the process of getting 100% on Super Hard mode right now, and I'm pretty close and have no problem. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is fighting the bosses while trying to get all treasures.. I bet I'll break against them and start using items.

Mario Kart GBA was my very first Mario Kart game, and man I was pretty addicted to it. Some reason I can't get into it right now on my ambassador 3DS, and my three favorites characters (Bowser, DK and Wario) all are awful in races.

My parents let me play GTA when I was 7. Either they didn't care/know, or they knew I could differentiate fantasy from reality.

Years
I think mine were just being over protective, is all. I personally think the whole 'it changes people' with violent games is just rubbish. I get the whole 'it can distort someone's reality', but if they are in that fragile frame of mine from the beginning, then I am sure anything along the same lines will have that same effect; films, TV and so on.​

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
It's a tired subject, and an excuse to gain attention given the popularity of video games in the media today. This is an interesting matter to discuss actually, as video games were viewed as nerdy and unsociable back in the day but only few think that now.

I personally wouldn't let my kids near a game that is grotesque and violent until they're at least 13. That is, if they'd be interested in video games, as I don't plan to shove my own hobby in their throats if not. Some parents do that today, it's a bit unfortunate.

Maraala

a fiery passion
Years
My parents didn't really care. Of course the only games I really showed interest in at a younger age was the Tony Hawk games. I still think they wanted me to go outside and be more social than I was though, but I guess they didn't feel like enforcing it.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Seeing as it's my first playthrough, I might use some of the items against some of the bosses. I used the Black Dragon assist against the Emerald Passage boss, so it took only one body slam to beat him.
You're on Normal right? I don't see any reason to bother with items seeing that they're ridiculously easy to beat. Only one I can see giving you trouble is Aerodent but if you know the trick behind him he's easy. Only in Super Hard do they actually start becoming completely ridiculous.

Also, if you beat the game. Start on Hard mode, and this time, try finding the CDs and getting the golden crown (10000 points on a level) on every level. The game really shines there.

Years
I think I will have to add Hotel Dusk to my list of games to revisit, as it has been a LONG time since I played it.

Also, this is my 11,000th post! :3​

Years
Hmm...I really should revisit quite a few of my games. I remember there were a bunch of DS games that I started playing but never really got round to finishing...

On that note, any recommended DS games? But nothing too mainstream; not the sort of games that you see floating around bestsellers pretty much everyday.

Maraala

a fiery passion
Years
There was one I played a while back called Dementium: The Ward. The controls took a little time to get used to though.

I really need to pick up my DS again. I haven't really played it since B/W launched and a little bit after B/W2.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Elite Beat Agents, Ghost Trick, Rhythm Heaven and Hotel Dusk. Get to it.

Years
All heard good stuff about all them; especially Rhythm Heaven from you xD

I've been willing to try out EBA amd Hotel Dusk for a while now, so that's cool. Haven't really heard about Ghost Trick, however, interesting...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Doesn't Ghost Trick have the adorable dog?

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Missile? Yeah. Pretty amazing character.

But Cabanela is the best.
tumblr_lwvtzmxhRY1r88swmo1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back