• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

XSE Scripting Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I am trying to make a person give you money, but once i compile the script, then i exit out and go back to it, the script is blank. I think there might be a problem with my script, can someone help me?

'---------------
#org 0x000000
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x000000 MSG_NORMAL '"Here have some money."
givemoney 00002710 MSG_OBTAIN
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x000000
= Here have some money.

also how do i tell how much money the person is giving?
Don't compile it to '0x000000'. Try something around 0x800000. And for the text, don't put the same offset that you put at the top of the script. Add like 0x100 to it (so that'd be 0x800100 or whatever).
Or you could just use dynamic offsets...

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2009
thanks, i didnt compile it to 0x000000, i just change that for this. But i did change the offset for the text and that worked. Thanks again

How do you create the script for a trainer battle? i have made the trainer using advance trainer, but i dont know what script to write for it. can anyone help?

Last edited by a moderator:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
How do you create the script for a trainer battle? i have made the trainer using advance trainer, but i dont know what script to write for it. can anyone help?
Both thethethethe's scripting tutorial and diego's XSE adaptation of said tutorial explain how to do that in detail.

Balkia

パルキア
Years
wheres update im interested on learning more

Heres what happened when i tried on Emerald

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:

MetalGod

The Metal will live on...
Years
Howdy I just have a quick question:

I am getting this error when trying to compile: "Error 13 "Type Mismatch" on line 9. Missing #define"
Here is the exact code:
Spoiler:

And thanks in advance.This is just a test script, and because of that error I can't do any YES \ NO msgboxs.

~Metal God

ShinyBlaziken

Dragon-Master
Years
Hi,
I tried to make a person talk to me.
So i made the Script that was described here.
#Dynamic 0x800000

#ORG @Start
Lock
FacePlayer
Message @speak
BoxSet 0x6
Release
End

#ORG @Speak
= Hi!!

But when I'm trying to Compile it, it says that there is something wrong in line 6 (Message @speak)
But i don't know why...

My Cyndaquil is on Fire!

is HFI's lil' bro
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 27, 2009
I followed everything for the tutorial Darthron but when I paste the offset in A map and it says for some reason no script aditor defined.
I would appreciate help from cooley, 0mega and other sgood scripters
Thanks~

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
i know it sounds really stupid but how do I know what the offset is? (im a n00b)

Oh boy, get ready for a wall of text.

An offset is a location in a ROM.
For instance. 0x800000

0x800000 is found in a ROM< at byte number 0x800000, this could be the pointer to an image, or trainer battle data, or whatever it may be, in a scripters case, it is often the offset used to put our scripts.
Why? Because there is A LOT of free space in a ROM there, that is why!
Now, using a scripting engine, like XSE, we can write 0x800000 as our dynamic starting point! (This means that we tell XSE to start looking for free space at 0x800000.)
The reason it is called dynamic is because it wont need to be 0x800000 all the time, so XSE changes it for us, so we don't have to search for free space any more. It, DYNAMICALLY CHANGES! WOOT.
Anywho, offsets are used in many places for a ROM hacker.
For instance, a ROM hacker working in Advance Map may need a scripts offset to give to an overworld, and make it so when you talk to the person, or step on the tile, an even will happen.
A scripter may have a script in there hack, that points to a script they already put in there hack, so they will point the script at that offset to use it, instead of re-writing it, and putting it in twice.
Even artists that make new pixel art need offsets, so they know where to insert there images... as a hacker, you WILL be using offsets often, so get to know your rom hacking terms, any questions? Ask it in the simple question thread, located HERE http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79614.
Be sure to be nice, and if you are not answered right wait, wait about 10 posts, and ask again.

Pikachu fan

SUSANOOMON IS NOT AMUSED
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 12, 2011
I need help

I'm currently working on a hack
called pokemon ruby diamond and
i'm trying to compile this script:

#Dynamic 0x6B09F8

#ORG @Main
Lock