• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Day Night System - By Interdpth & ZodiacDaGreat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
Hi ^^
I apply the routine, but it doesn't has effect...
I'm working with Vista.
I need to do anything else besides entering the routine?
Because it's not working =\
thanks

you need to enable Real Time Clock in vba in the emulator options. I like it and it works, but when i enter a building it reverts to the original palette a split second. hOW CAN YOU CHANGE THIS? oops caps

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Wow, thanks alot D-Trogh and Lu-Ho I had no idea how those two extra things when to the Manifest part. Anyway, I think it should be fixed now. XP should be supported.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
will no-body tell me how to set the time?
I always get the dark pallette, and i have rtc enabled on vba.
1) Open DAN
2) Open ROM
3) Search for bytes
4) Paste offset
5) Insert
Am i doing something wrong?

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
A little update, I've finished optimising interdpth's RTC code which took quite some time, so you'll see a Day Night up in the next few hours.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Well, I noticed first thing, that when I opened it and opened a ROM, the pallets were all fudged up looking...
When I switch from "Back Ground" to "Sprites" mode, and back to "Back Ground" the names of all the pallets (Pal1, 2, 3, etc etc...) got all garbled up...
At least it works with FR right? lol

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
This will be the last release until we finish the next thing on our Day Night todo list. So, here's the new version with interdpth's RTC code. Enjoy! Oh, and XP users should get a better interface now. Please give your feedback.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Well, I just went to my friends house, he has Win7, works great, but I dunno how to set the clock, or does it do that manually?

When the emulator is, well, emulating the RTC, it's merely grabbing the time from your computer so when the code accesses the time from the "RTC", it's basically receiving whatever time your computer's clock is set to.

I assume that it is possible to set the time to something different (hey, they did it in Ruby & Sapphire) but I bet it would be pretty complicated.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
When the emulator is, well, emulating the RTC, it's merely grabbing the time from your computer so when the code accesses the time from the "RTC", it's basically receiving whatever time your computer's clock is set to.

I assume that it is possible to set the time to something different (hey, they did it in Ruby & Sapphire) but I bet it would be pretty complicated.

Well damn, I'm playing on my PSP... I guess the time will never change?

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
The clock in R/S/E is merely adjusted time, the player sets a value and the RTC is adjusted to it cause in a game cart the time will start from 0. I guess that's how it works.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Well damn, I'm playing on my PSP... I guess the time will never change?

Hm, that's a good question. I guess it really depends on what emulator you're using and whether or not it has RTC support. I'm sure you know a lot more about PSPs than I do so you're on your own with this one. However, I know that the PSP does have a clock so it's most likely possible. If I were you, I would get a Ruby ROM, play until you set the clock, set the game down for fifteen minutes, and then come back and check to see if the clock has changed. That'll tell you if the emulator has RTC support or not.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
The clock in R/S/E is merely adjusted time, the player sets a value and the RTC is adjusted to it cause in a game cart the time will start from 0. I guess that's how it works.

What does this mean for me?

Hm, that's a good question. I guess it really depends on what emulator you're using and whether or not it has RTC support. I'm sure you know a lot more about PSPs than I do so you're on your own with this one. However, I know that the PSP does have a clock so it's most likely possible. If I were you, I would get a Ruby ROM, play until you set the clock, set the game down for fifteen minutes, and then come back and check to see if the clock has changed. That'll tell you if the emulator has RTC support or not.

The emulator DOES have RTC support, since I use it all the time. I play Emerald all the time.

Last edited:

raupy

A Visual Basic programmer
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 14, 2011
Hey,
Can you make it compatible for German ROMs?

MfG
raupy

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Omega, i tested the system on my psp a few days ago and it does pick up the PSPs time just like on windows+VBA. I tested it by messing with my PSPs time and the palletes did change ;).

Im also interested in the change log for version 1.0.2?

EDIT: I just reapplied on my ROM using the new tool and it killed my ROM.....

Link

Last edited:

Quil

Me
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
After changing from 1.0.1 with the fixed times (third release) to 1.0.2, my ROM crashed. Noesh! But after trying it on a cleam rom, it just works. :C

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
The reason that you guys are all having these problems is because they switched over to a different kind of RTC (and therefore, D&N) and left the other RTC and D&N in the ROM. If there are no other places with pointers, my guess is that you'd have to do this:
1. Back up your ROM.
2. Open a version of your ROM in your preferred hex editor (YOU MUST HAVE D&N INSTALLED) and a clean FR/LG ROM, whichever one you have.
3. Navigate to 0x4B0 in both ROMs.
4. Select the entire 0x4B0 line in your FR ROM and copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl+C, for all n00bs).
5. Paste the line into your FireRed ROM, and if asked, use the Overwrite function.
6. Go to 0xAF0000 in your ROM and select the entire block of coding. It ends at the start of the FFs on the other side.
7. Fill the block with FFs.
8. Save and test it out.

EDIT: No, it does not work. It merely crashes. :P
EDIT 2: Yes, it works! Only thing is, you must have already crashed your ROM by implementing the new D&N. Then follow the steps above. Or follow the steps above, and then run D&N. Either way, if you don't do either one, your ROM will end up crashed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back