• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Do you guys prefer to trade poke for poke or just do BPs now? Personally, I prefer just doing BPs... it benefits me and it benefits the person requesting. I don't really see much of a need to do poke for poke anymore when I can RNG so much :(

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
EGG SWAP RETURNS TO TRADE CORNER!
So, who is signing up??? If you haven't done it yet, go do it now! 8D

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Do you guys prefer to trade poke for poke or just do BPs now? Personally, I prefer just doing BPs... it benefits me and it benefits the person requesting. I don't really see much of a need to do poke for poke anymore when I can RNG so much :(
Hmm. I'd rather do pokemon for pokemon. I've done enough RNG abuses that someone will find some pokemon of mine to love and appreciate. Sometimes I get something really cool in return (shout out to the RNG regulars, duh). I only prefer BPs for others if I want to get that pokemon too. I don't want too many pokemon of my ot (I don't competitively battle much). I'm also reluctant to do a shiny BP myself if I don't like the shiny color. I pick my shiny RNGs pretty wisely. I'm still stuck in my shiny hunter mode grumble grumble.

! Either way, I'm getting less active in both trading and projects. :[

EGG SWAP RETURNS TO TRADE CORNER!
So, who is signing up??? If you haven't done it yet, go do it now! 8D
I'm most likely not signing up for it. It's a lot to keep up with and I have a busy weekend. I'd like to keep it simple if I do decide on celebrating Easter @ Trade Corner (e.g. new breed, giveaway, sit on thread titles yeah yeah yeah).

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I finally got my Japanese Heart Gold in the mail today! ^_^
I ID abuse it just now. :P I was a bit rusty, but I got it after 15/16 tries.

Lyra_opening.png

アミ♥ | 17171
Adamant | 31 31 31 7 31 31
Careful | 31 31 31 7 31 31​

I'm going to do the bold/timid spread after I finish this first run through the game. 8)

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
Hey guys. I'm back. Anyways, I really want to RNG in SoulSilver and have no idea how? But that is besides the point right now. I have a question: I need to advance in SoulSilver which involves encountering Lugia, but I do not wish to capture it just yet. If I knock it out, when it regenerates and I reencounter it, will it be the same Lugia, or could I RNG then?

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
It won't be the same Lugia, unless by some miracle you hit the same seed when you first encountered it. Anyways, you can RNG Lugia later on in the game if you knock it out and defeat the E4.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Okay, I know there are curious people and there's too much crap for me to say over mibbit so here's my VGC team and results. Move the post wherever you will, I have no clue where it belongs.

Team:
Dragonite w/ Persim Berry
Multiscale
Outrage|Earthquake|Extremespeed|Fire Punch

Ludicolo w/ Absorb Bulb
Swift Swim
Energy Ball|Ice Beam|Scald|Surf

Zapdos w/ Leftovers
Pressure
HP Ice|Thunder|Heat Wave|Detect

Politoad w/ Wacan Berry
Drizzle
Scald|Ice Beam|HP Grass|Protect

Toxicroak w/ Black Sludge
Dry Skin
Fake Out|Drain Punch|Sucker Punch|Substitute

Staraptor w/ Choice Scarf
Intimidate
Return|Close Combat|Brave Bird|U-turn

Battle 1: Won 4-0
Managed to OHKO 2 of his pokemon early on so it was already game.

Battle 2: Lost 0-1
It was Politoad at 1/4 health and Ludicolo at 2/3 health vs. a full health Garchomp. He used Protect the turn I used 2 Ice Beams. Then he used Earthquake, taking out the 'toad. I did hit him with 1 beam, but it held Yache? berry and so I took off a bit over half, which was useless at that point. He outsped the Ludi and won. :(

Battle 3: Won 2-0
Opponent used Speed Boost Blaziken. I thought it was hacked but talking to a few Smogonites, seems it's possibly legit. Oh well. I threw out Staraptor and Zapdos. U-turned Staraptor straight off and sent Politoad in right as Blaziken used Flare Blitz. He kept using Blitz so I guess it was choiced. Welp, he lost.

Battle 4: Lost 0-3
Rain team vs. Hail team. We pretty much kept our weather setters out of the starting ranks in anticipation to the opponent's weather. I lost.

Battle 5: Won 2-0
I don't remember this match. I think it was a trick room match? Dragonite uses Extremespeed to the win!

Battle 6: Won 3-0
Don't remember this one either!

Battle 7: Won 1-0
Another rain vs. hail team. I actually have the video for this one recorded. It's 17-11901-22547 on the GTS.

End result: 5-2 win-loss ratio. Placed 30th in Pink Flight, unknown overall (I'm identified under 2 PIDs and still waiting on Pokemon staff to correct it)

Final notes: I ended up never using Toxicroak. Unfortunately, the championship was fairly fast paced and so much damage was done at a time that Toxicroak would have been crushed fairly easily. And considering I saw 2 Cresselia and 2 Bronzong, it was just as well. Zapdos and Staraptor were both MVPs. Zapdos took a lot of hits and just laughed at most of them while Staraptor got 2 Intimidates in in most of the matches. The bugger actually Intimidated a Tyranitar to the point where its Stone Edge did only about 1/5 of the damage to Zapdos. I see why gems are so popular, but in the battles where I saw them, the gems were pretty much doing overkill to moves that would have KO'd anyways. All in all, it was fun and anyone who has the opportunity to should go. Over 700 competitors were there, and over 300 were placed in the Masters age group. Thanks goes to Blade and Twisted for throwing together 4 pokemon for me. And I think, Mia, because the Toxicroak is hers? Oh, and to the guy who bought me a free lunch. :D

Folks, if anyone tells you that the only good pokemon are RNG'd, it ain't true. At least, not completely. As long as your team is built right, IVs in the right places, trained right and you're familiar with them, you'll do well enough. Admittedly, 4 of my pokemon are RNG'd, but my two stars (Staraptor and Ludicolo) aren't. If you're curious of their IVs, go ahead and look at my shop and scroll down to them. (But don't post, please.) There's no way in hell I'd be able to use any of the new pokemon since my experience with them in competitive battles are nil.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Wow, Griff, I'm glad to hear you did so well. I wish I had known you before -- I would have totally wanted to help you with any Pokemon that you might need. I've been pretty busy lately but I would have tried to find time to help out :(

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Oh gosh, I have to admit, there were some very annoying things though. Masters registration was supposed to be at like...10:30 and battles start at 11:30 or something like that. Rumor was that the organizers didn't expect so MANY people to show up. The line for registration actually went down the sidewalk. It was so bad that registration for masters didn't start til like 10:30 and battles started at around 3:20, because of the line and the fact that the Juniors and Seniors had to finish their tourneys before we could start.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Congrats Griff! I'm so proud of my Toed! I wish you all the best of luck in your future battles.

Volcarona

then live beautifully until the end
Years
Nice job, Griff. Can't wait to hear TheGr8's and Everstone's VGC stories.

hurray! a boy bought you free lunch! 8)

Katniss Everdeen

Just another tribute.
Years
First 5th gen breed in like 2 months. 8D

098.gif

Adamant | Sheer Force
31 31 31 25 31 31
Ancient Power | Agility
Aubrey [53357]​

@TheGr8
I love your warstory. :D
Glad you did well at VGC. ^-^

.MiKeY

Tank Operator
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
Had I known there would be other people from here at the VGC's, I would have tried to meet with you guys. Pink flight was fun to play in. :p I went 5-2 and finished 19th, 38th overall. Would have had a better score but my powerhouse mons didn't have max speed IV's and lost because of it. I need to learn to RNG.

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Sh-, you were there too Mikey? Grats on your rank~
I wonder how they ranked people. It looks alphabetical, rather than win-loss each match thing. If that's true, I'm pretty much guaranteed near the bottom of the list, forever.

Last edited:

.MiKeY

Tank Operator
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
I talked with a few people there, what did you look like cause I may have talked to you without realising it. :p I guess I'll do a war story sometime soon as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back