• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trade Corner's New Year RNG Challenge: 2013 Baby New Year

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Trade Corner's New Years RNG Challenge:
2013 Baby New Year
Happy New Year, Traders!
To celebrate the new year, Trade Corner is hosting a New Years RNG Challenge. This challenge involves RNG breeding or capturing a Pokémon you think best resembles Baby New Year. The winner of the challenge will receive a special emblem and have its entry inducted into the RNG Hall of Fame. I wish everyone the best of luck in the challenge and the new year.

The Challenge: RNG your version of Baby New Year

The Challenge begins Jan. 1, 2013 12:00am EST and ends Jan. 13, 2013 12:00am EST.
Your entry must be RNG'd on a Gen III, Gen IV, or Gen V game.
Your entry must have a date set in 2013.
If your entry is a capture project, it must be caught at level 5 or lower.
The use of an external device or program to abuse your entry will NOT be permitted.
When submitting your entry, include a legality analysis from Pokécheck. For details on how to submit a legality analysis, please review the information found in this thread.
Failure to provide a legality analysis will result in your entry being voided.
Any entries found to be hacked will be voided and result in your expulsion from future challenges and events.
Entries will be judged on their creativity and uniqueness.
Please include a small detailed description on why you believe your entry best represents Baby New Year.
When submitting your entry, please follow this form:
Example:
Species: [Pokémon]
Nickname: [If not applicable, remove from form.]
Shiny: [Y/N]
Trait: [Ability]
Level: [1-5]
IVs: [x | x | x | x | x | x ]
EVs: [x | x | x | x | x | x ; If not applicable, remove from form.]
Moves: [xxxx, xxxx, xxxx, xxxx]
Description: [Should be at least 1 short paragraph. Minimum 140 characters.]
Legality Analysis: [Link or screenshot]
Any member found to have copied or claimed another member's Pokémon and/or description as their entry will result in said entry being voided and your expulsion from future challenges.
Last, but not least, have fun!

Prizes

Winner's entry inducted into the RNG Hall of Fame.
This sexy emblem:
AYE5I.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
If your entry is a capture project, it must be caught at level 5 or lower.​

Does this mean that Entra Link abuses are not allowed? I have at least three pokemon in the forrest between all my games right now that would be fun to abuse for this particular challenge.​

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Does this mean that Entra Link abuses are not allowed? I have at least three pokemon in the forrest between all my games right now that would be fun to abuse for this particular challenge.

I'm afraid not. :<
Perhaps you can abuse them for another challenge in the future? *fingers crossed*

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I'm afraid not. :<
Perhaps you can abuse them for another challenge in the future? *fingers crossed*

No hard feelings... I'm just overly excited working on a bunch of Dream
World Pokemon. I have over a dozen waiting on each cart. And there's a small handful that I like for this.... It's mostly that I like the pretty pink Dream balls... Although any my ideas will work in a Premier Ball, AND by doing a wild capture I can get a shiny one.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
So here's my entry for the New Year's RNG challenge. ^_^

077.gif

Species: Ponyta
Nickname: Eous
Shiny: Yes
Trait: Flash Fire
Level: 1
IVs: 31|31|31|18|31|31
Moves: Tackle, Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, Will-O-Wisp

Description: Eous is one of the four fiery beasts (flame cloaked horses) that pull the Greek God Helios's chariot. Helios's duty was to turn night into day, and he would do so by riding his solar steed-powered chariot through the night sky slowly turning night into day. Well my entry is a tribute and an alternate version to this myth. In this version Eous is quite different from his fellow stallions, starting with the blue flames that cover his body instead of the usual orange ones. Next, as the year starts, Eous is a baby unlike the immortal and forever young adults that are his companions. But Eous ages quickly, which can be noticed in the gray flames that cover his body as a Rapidash. Then, after a year of work, after New Year's Eve has passed, during the first seconds of the next year, Eous gets completely covered in flames and, just like a phoenix bird, Eous is reborn as an adorable baby blue flamed ponyta with the start of every new year.

I hope you guys enjoyed the story as much as I enjoyed creating it ^^

Legality analysis

Last edited:

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 3, 2023
This is my entry for the New Year's RNG challenge.

495.gif

Species: Snivy
Nickname: Sixth
Trait: Overgrow
Level: 5 (Starter)
IVs: 31|30|30|31|31|31
Moves: Tackle, Leer
Legality analysis: https://www.pokecheck.org/?screenshot=3138669&la

Description: Chinese Zodiac is a system of 12- year circle where each year will be represented by one animal. 2013 is no exceptional. This year is symbolized by the Snake Zodiac. Based on this information, I have decided to RNG the snake-like pokemon Snivy. Snivy is an intelligent and calm pokemon which can demonstrate what New Year will be like and bring to each individual. First, it is one of the three starters that is given to beginning trainers to start on their journey. It is a starting point for trainers to decide where and what they want to be during their adventure. Secondly, snivy has a grass type with green color. That indicates something fresh, something that is growing or being born into a new world. Last but not least, this snivy is shiny which shows that this New Year will lead to a bright future. The snivy has the ID of 02013 which is the number of this year and it is nicknamed Sixth which is where Snake stands on the Zodiacs.

Hope you guys enjoy my challenge :)

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
399.gif

Species: Bidoof
Nickname: Bill
Trait: Simple
Level: 5
IVs: 14/31/31/31/04/30
EVs: 0/254/252/0/0/4
Moves: Quick Attack - Aqua Tail - Curse - Return​

Description: Year after year, the other Pokemon made fun of the Bidoofs, calling them all weird looking and weaklings. But this newborn Bidoof had barely been born, but he already had enough of it. This year, Bill would show them. He would show them that through hard work, anyone could become great… then he'd come back and whip them around the Day Care Center. He worked hard to increase his muscle mass. He exercised daily to the laughter of the other children, but this only made him want to work harder. When the year was over, he had gained a considerable amount of Attack and Defense…. for a level five that is. He then proceeded to show the other Pokemon his superiority over them, only to see them cower in fear. "This wasn't what I had wanted" he thought. He just wanted to be accepted, so instead of working out all the time to intimidate the others, he decided to do what no other Bidoof had thought off, he decided to talk to the others. "Hey, I'm sorry if I scared any you off, I… I just wanted to be accepted" he said to the cowering Pokemon. The others looked at each other with confused looks, they had no idea how much it had hurt Bill when they made fun of him, they were just young children after all. With a smile and a lesson learned for all that were there, they went outside to play and had a great year together in the end.

Legality Analysis: https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=3166586

I hope this horrible story of mine fufills the requirements for the description.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
013.gif

Species: Weedle
Nickname: New Year
Trait: Shield Dust
IVs: 0/0/0/0/20/13
Moves: Poison Sting - String Shot​

Description: New Year is the poster child of 2013. In 2013, I thought it would only be fitting to have Pokémon Number 13 in the National Dex, represent the New Year. Not only is this very special Weedle Shiny, but she also has a strange set of IV's. These IV's are 0/0/0/0/20/13. In other terms, her IV's give the appearance of the year 2013. giving her a distinct tie to the New Year permanently. Now her backstory as a pokemon. When New Year was born, she was praised by the entire forest community. Not only was she the first born of the New Year, but she was a different color then the normal Weedle of the community. This was a sign among the people of the forest that this year would be one of great luck. When New Year actually started getting acquainted with the world, she was very weak. Besides being able to keep pace with some of the Weedles, she could also fend off the attacks of other pokemon that did not actually make contact. Besides this, she was very weak. New Year was brought to the Elder of the forest, a wise old Noctowl. Noctowl described the young Weedle's misfunctions as a bond to the New Year itself, meaning that this would be how she lived. The forest rejoiced at the greatness they had the honor of witnessing.

Legality Analysis: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=3168572

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Okay everyone, great entries so far! You have until midnight EST tonight to get your entries in! Since twisted is out, I will be judging the competition, so give it your best effort! :)

Sukisu

Dark Trainer
Years
133.png

Species: Eevee
Nickname: Shiranai
Trait: Adaptability
IVs: 0/1/0/1/20/13
Moves: Tackle, Helping Hand, Wish, Yawn​
Description:
Shiranai is the Eevee of the unknown time with the start of every new year. This creature appears to help determine the needs of the year. Shiranai is always noticed by his shiny coat that differs from the normal Eevees that roam the planet. He will approach a person within the village that he appears near to choose his master. However to determine what the new year brings all depends on the evolution it wants to take. So as he is in the company of his new friend and master he will choose what its form will be. Due to this it will also determine the trials and joys of the year.​

When the year is up Shiranai will find a mate to produce the next child of Shiranai for the next New Year. With that starts the cycle of the unknown once again whether it comes with joy or at a price. Its all up to the feel of the next year.​

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
246.gif

Species: Larvitar
Shiny: N
Trait: Guts
IVs: 31/31/24/31/31/22
Moves: Leer, Outrage, Payback, Stone Edge
Description: This is a year of rebirth. After so many tragedies last year, it's time to start fresh. That's where this girl comes in. She was born imbued with immense power, to usher in the coming year and lead us to victory! Her Dragon Blood helps her to overcome any obstacle, just as we will. Nothing can stop us now!
Legality Analysis: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=3220139

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Species: Caterpie
Shiny: Y
Trait: Shield Dust
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Moves: Tackle, String Shot
Description: This species of Pokemon is seen as being weak and ugly to most people, but after going through a brief metamorphosis stage, this Pokemon will then become a beautiful Pokemon loved by many. At the beginning of each year the eggs of Beautifly hatch and Caterpie emerge ready to begin their journey through life and aspiring to one day become strong enough to evolve into a beautiful Pokemon themselves. This cycle continues year after year, both ending and beginning on every new year.
Legality Analysis: http://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=3219877

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Thank you everyone for sharing some very cute and creative entries. The winner presented an outstandingly fabulous Pokemon and description... Trade Corner's RNG Challenge winner is Sukisu!

Feel extra special since I did this post using speech to text wink. :-)

Back