• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sigh

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
What do you do when you're down?
Do you try to shake off the sadness, or let it run its course?

Crux

Evermore
Years
A: Listen to music that cheers me up.
B: Sing a sad song.
C: Use the feelings of sorrow and/or depression for something. (lyrics, poetry, art, writing)
D: Talk to somebody that I really enjoy talking to. Most of the time they don't even know that i'm feeling down, for fact that i'm really good at controling my emotions, but it just cheers me up to be able to talk to somebody honestly.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'll mope around, usually. Think about why I'm sad, if whatever's making me sad could have been avoided.

I'll also either pig out, or avoid food. Don't know why they're opposites like that, but they are.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Usually when I'm sad, I go listening to music or play a game. It's usually makes that makes me happy , ie Owl City or just any artist I really like in general. Yes I have an Owl City obsession. I know. Playing games, specifically Pokemon games can make me happy except when the game isn't going right for me. Then it just makes me angry but I also vent out that angry at the same time.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Listening to music always cheers me up, as does watching funny videos on Youtube, and eating helps as well. If all else fails I sometimes go to one of my best friends who's always eager to help me when I'm down.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I try and shake it off. I hate feeling sad. It's a terrible feeling and thus I try to do things that would make me happy until I am happy. Listen to music, hang around places I don't believe will upset me, play video games, etc.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I try and shake it off. I hate feeling sad. It's a terrible feeling and thus I try to do things that would make me happy until I am happy. Listen to music, hang around places I don't believe will upset me, play video games, etc.
pretty much this. Although I usually tend to either isolate myself from the world, or talk to someone while doing so.r

Scripturient

I think I've lost it.
Years
I very rarely get sad and when I do, it usually is a fleeting feeling. Go to sleep and wake up fine. Works for me. :)

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
I feel sad for a bit, then I shake it off. Occasionally I cry, but only when my parents are angry at me. Other times, I just get over it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I put on very loud music. It stops me from thinking about things and you just kind of get lost in it, it's a wonderful feeling. Quite often I'll go for a walk at the same time around some local agriculture sites for the fresh air and after that it's very rare for me to still be upset. The other thing I do is talk to certain people who I'm sure will cheer me up without even realising I'm upset and I adore these people ridiculously for doing so. ♥

Years
I usually force myself to go out and hang out with friends or I'll write/draw/read. Or sometimes I watch a movie... Basically, I keep myself busy. I try to be as productive as possible.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I generally just let it do what it wants with me. I let it drag me down and eat at me- it's easier than trying to fight it, which wouldn't work, anyway. I'm not "sad" often, though. I tend to turn what should be sadness into anger, directed at whoever caused it, even if that person is myself.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
1. Go on the PC
2. Watch a movie
3. Play games
4. Go out with friends

Basically, anything to keep my mind of off it.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I usually don't like being around others when I'm upset. To help me feel better, I listen to my favourite songs or the radio, or play the piano, or take out a novel to read. Sometimes I like to take a walk or cycle around my neighbourhood or scenic places. That always helps to keep me calm. There will be those one or two friends who can talk to me and make me feel so much better though. I really love those people who uplift me and pick me up in those times when I am down. <3

Years
Do what I usually do. Wallow in my self-pity. Don't talk to anyone about it. Occasionally, I will be so depressed that I'll actually do something other than use the computer; the other day I was so desperate to distract myself I cleaned.

I'm just usually pathetic and don't do anything about it because I can't be bothered to talk it out with someone I trust. Sigh.

Back