• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen September Corocoro: The Scoop of the Century? Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Not true at all indeed. It's only been rumored that it's got a second forme, nothing proven or shown.

Haha, good! Now that I have this cleared its time to focus on more important stuff.

Does anyone think that corocoro will leak Team Flare's higher goal than just money? It would be really disappointing if that is the only goal for Team Flare.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Haha, good! Now that I have this cleared its time to focus on more important stuff.

Does anyone think that corocoro will leak Team Flare's higher goal than just money? It would be really disappointing if that is the only goal for Team Flare.

I hope they don't. I would like it to be a surprise.

blue

gucci
Years
I reaaally can't think what it is due to the fact that it's the "Scoop of the century". The only thing that comes close is Starter Evolutions and/or Elite Four and other various characters, although I don't see how they're classed as Scoop of the century..

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Since Mewtwo would likely be an event only pokémon, I highly doubt they would reveal a second forme so soon.

The only reason the last one was debuted was because of the film - normally event pokémon are not 'officially' announced?

I would rather see something innovative. Maybe new game mechanics, battle techniques... something totally new, unguessable and revolutionary for the series.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
I would rather see something innovative. Maybe new game mechanics, battle techniques... something totally new, unguessable and revolutionary for the series.

To me, that sounds like best option so far. For it to really be the "Scoop of the century", it would have to be something that makes a huge impact on the series. New pokémon, NPCs, types, moves, etc. are cool details, but nothing huge. However, something makes a significant change in the way the game is played would be worthy of "scoop of the century" status.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I'm not really taking this to really be "scoop of the century" I think it's just one of those things that they say to get people hyped.

As for what it is, perhaps the starter evolutions, though it seems to me at least a bit early for that( I'd think they'd keep them hidden until September at earliest)

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
The only things I can think of being such big news would be:
A. The evolutions of the starters. I think it's about time we got them, too. Not the final forms, those can be revealed much closer to release--I'm talking about their next stages, so we can have a better idea of where they're going.
B. The "extra" features, by which I mean this gen's version of Contests and Musicals.
C. More Pokemon in addition to the starter's evolutions. It could be "the biggest scoop" just by number of Pokemon revealed.

Also that new tree. It would be nice to get his official art.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I would love for it to be something completely unexpected, but I just can't help but feel like it'll be something that's not quite that spectacular. Maybe it'll be full on coverage of the new GTS and Global Link? Or maybe it'll be something like the starters having two evolutionary paths? (I could get excited about that idea...) In the end, I just kinda hope it doesn't disappoint, especially with such a title. Wouldn't be the first time they've over exaggerated.

aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2014
Their obviously exaggerating to get sales up that's what companies do. However that doesn't mean the info will be any slouch I'm expecting a decent amount of pokemon (6-7),other important NPC's, minor story elements, and 1-2 new mechanics.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
It's either going to be either a new type, a new statistic, or a Pokemon evolving into one of those legendaries. This should be a rather interesting surprise.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
Okay, so after reading all the posts in this thread and everyones theories, I gotta say, I'm disappointed. I mean, really? Half of what everything has been said is just things you'd find out by playing the game or by looking at serebii the day after the release. Starter evolutions, Mewtwo having a second new form, another eeveeultion, this being the last game, the entire Pokedex? How does any of that qualify as "scoop of the century"? We will find out the starters evolutions within like 3 hours of gameplay. If Mewtwo has a second form, what is so big about that? To be the biggest thing for Pokemon in the comming century? No. This isn't the last game. There is a thread all about that and if you look at it for two seconds, you'll know, this is not the end. If it was we'd have found out earlier. Another eeveelution wouldn't be century worthy either, and neither would a second new type. And we will not get the entire Pokedex. No offense, but that is a little dumb. To show off literally every new Pokemon and the reurning ones before release will not happen. Ever. That completely spoils half of the fun of a new generation. Finding the new Pokemon and experiencing them for ourselves for the first time.

Unless this news is going to be anti-climactic, none of these theories are happening.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Okay, so after reading all the posts in this thread and everyones theories, I gotta say, I'm disappointed. [...] How does any of that qualify as "scoop of the century"? [...]
Unless this news is going to be anti-climactic, none of these theories are happening.

I agree with you and that's why I haven't made my guess yet.
I just can't imagine what the "scoop of the century" will be. It has to be something completely new and unexpected, so I don't think any of us is even supposed to guess it.

Years
either A or B

A: Exaggeration. Though we will get a bunch of typical information such as new pokemon, evolutions, characters, and features. Basically, your typical issue of CoroCoro, just more information than usual.

B: We might get some, about as much as we usually, info relating to X and Y. Maybe 4/5 new pokemon, ect. However, we will also get an announcement for a counsel game, X and Y version for Wii U (similar to smash bros.), online game, Hoenn Remake, or some sort of new project all together.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
How does anything related to pokemon make "the scope of the century" ? Everything that could possibly be released can been found out in the game with in a few hours? I know what I said is probably not worthy. As others have said, I am not really getting my hopes up. I think something similar has been said in the past and it was never really worth the hype.

I will say that one other thing about it being a scope of the century is an online game. But I don't see that happening. We don't even know if it it related to pokemon. Yes it is true that it made it sound like it, but it never said it directly. It could be something totally different.

I don't think it is worth getting hyped about, I just like seeing the new pokemon so I don't really care about this news. The only thing I really want to see is the pokemon, Gyms and E4/Champion.

Years
I think it will presumably be starter evolutions, I don't think final evos would be revealed until game release (as has been shown with past generations) but I'm hoping for at least the middle stages. Maybe I could also see the full Gym Leader and Elite Four/Champion roster getting revealed.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
Again, unless this is just some anti-climactic bull, I see this being something affecting the franchise, or at least the gaming series, as a whole. I can't make a guess that would fit "scoop of the century" that isn't something that I would actually think about or talk about or see others doing so for the next century.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I never really took the hype literally. You all are setting yourselves up for disappointment really. I'm certain that it'll be a let down because of the high hopes you guys are expressing. Lol, even though I think it is an exaggeration, I think this'll just be the biggest haul of information we'll get before the release since it's only a month away from release (since this is the September issue of CoroCoro). We'll probably get a decent amount of new monsters, and more details on the actual story in the games. I doubt it'll be anything worth talking about in the upcoming years of the century though. Calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back