• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Devil_Silver:

The problem you describe is inherent in the original Tilemap class. Fortunately, I've managed to create a replacement that synchronizes the autotile animation in connected maps. It will be part of the next release.

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
Years
You guys (Flameguru and poccil) are absolute geniuses. I love your system, it has inspired me to get back into game making using your starter kit as a base.

What was once an empty shell of a game can now become complete, thank you :)

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Lorem, id love to help you out with the contest script, but im only good at graphics and animations lol, so im working on all the attacks for poccil. Id love to help, what do you mean by contest? like the beauty contests in the games?

You mean, you're actually making all the move animations?

Damn... that's awesome!

If you need any help, I'll be glad to assist you. I'm fairly solid at Photoshop, so I'm useful for anything graphical ^.^

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
It's in PokeBattle_Move and it's an array called PBTypeChart

The types go in order (as they are defined inPBTypes) from top to bottom and left to right.

0 = No effect, 1 = Not very effective, 2 = regular damage, 4 = Super effective

So for your new type you will need to add a new line at the bottom of that list with the relative numbe, as well as an extra entry in all of the other lines stating how effective those types are against your new one.

I hope that was thorough enough, I always worry that I'm being too tedious with details.

*EDIT* Actually I've noticed a few weird things about this, there don't seem to be enough entires in the chart... I don't know whether it's just me but there are 18 types (including the ??? one) and only 16 entries in each line...

Thanks, I understand fully now :). It's line 78 - 94, so that's 17, not 16. But there should be one more type, shouldn't there? And I don't think ??? counts as one....

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
Years
There are 18 types. (including ???)

• 1. Normal
  • 2. Dragon
  • 3. Flying
  • 4. Ground
  • 5. Fighting
  • 6. Rock
  • 7. Ghost
  • 8. Psychic
  • 9. Dark
  • 10. Fire
  • 11. Electric
  • 12. Water
  • 13. Ice
  • 14. Grass
  • 15. Steel
  • 16. Bug
  • 17. Poison
  • 18. ???
I'd like to say thanks for making such an indepth and realistic battle system and sharing, causing the 'pokemon community' to grow closer together.

I can help in photoshop if needed. No sense in everyone paying if only a few can.

Edit: In the typing script, right above the type chart, there is a physical/special section that controls which are special and which are physical. The numbers are equal to the PBTypes script.

Last edited:

Devil_Silver

Eevee Breeder
Years
Oh Poccil, I have all battle pictures from Pokémon Pearl and Diamond, if you'd like I can upload them so you can add them into the next release or somethin'?

gotron228

^_^
Years
In RPG maker XP whenever I add a character theres a really small sqaure how do I actually enlarge it so it can high;ight the wholl person

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Look at how the character sprites are arranged in the graphics that come with Essentials - you must have a 4x4 grid of sprites, in different frames.
If you mean the trainer battle sprite, the game shows the whole picture in battle anyway.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Hey, Poccil when I use this code

Code:
$PokemonBag.pbQuantity(PBItems::POTION)>0

I get this error, and I can't seem to fix it.

Code:
Exception: RuntimeError
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'uninitialized constant PBItems::STARTERPASS
Section018:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section018:753:in `eval'
Section018:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section018:753:in `command_111'
Section018:292:in `execute_command'
Section018:190:in `update'
Section018:104:in `loop'
Section018:195:in `update'
Section020:98:in `update'
Section020:96:in `loop'

Section018:249:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section018:753:in `command_111'
Section018:292:in `execute_command'
Section018:190:in `update'
Section018:104:in `loop'
Section018:195:in `update'
Section020:98:in `update'
Section020:96:in `loop'
Section020:109:in `update'
Section020:65:in `main'

Does anyone know why this might happen.

Please help! Thank you!

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
You mean STARTERPASS rather than POTION, right? If so, add an item with the internal name "STARTERPASS". If you did so, try selecting "Compile Data" from the debug menu or restart the game while holding CTRL. If you still have problems, please send me a private message rather than posting further here.

Years
Just wondering... where EXACTLY do I find this "Pokefonts.zip" package? I would really like to change the font...

It comes with the Pokemon Essentials.

Question:
How may I add Items? I see how in Notes.Html, but it's a little confusing, could someone put it in easier terms?

Thanks.
-Krobe

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
A new version is available.

Changes:

Fixed default map view to synchronize water
animation, etc. in connected maps
Added mechanism to define custom moves
Changed code to make Pokemon pictures larger than
128x128 display properly.
Reorganized script section PBTypes and added
comments
New feature checks the battery on laptop computers
and gives a low battery warning if necessary

--
Other than scripts.rxdata, the format of PBS/moves.txt has changed.
--

For detailed changes, see this diff file.

Years
Nice, always aim to please yea?

Anyway, what do you mean about the 128x128 display properly? Was it not right before? o.o *confused*

Thanks.
-Krobe

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Well you can use Pokemon images for example the doubled D/P size. I tryed it with 160x160 Pokemon but poccil I don't think it's recommend kauz the images doesn't fit with the Summary Screen or in Battle. You would have to change all to D/P Images and that would take a loooooong while. So this featre isn't really good. (It is good but not for the actual scripts/pictures)

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2008
hey poccil i like your custom move mechanism but i suggest it isn´t possible to add all the dp moves... because some of them require changes to the battle system... and i think it´s only possible to add moves which take damage to the opponent and not changing the status or somethin like that.
Maybe you can change the battle system and add the dp moves... :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Learn to script them yourself - it's not that hard.
Search for a RGSS guide on Google, and get used to it.
Then, look in the PokeBattle_MoveEffects script and have a go at making some more effects.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2015
Got a few questions here for yall. Anybody know if espeon and umbreons evolution conditions are implemented yet? And also poccil, will you be including the Vs. Seeker function?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back