• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your preferred web browser?

What web browser do you use?

• Firefox

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • Chrome

Votes: 103 50.5%
  • Opera

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Safari

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters

SacredMurathJohn

ROM Hacking
Years
Firefo. Nuff said. I tried google Chrome at once. As I remember, It has some bugs -like crashing instantly and unexpectedly-

Also, It's much more easier to manage add-ons, passwords, cahches etc. on firefox.

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
Personally, I use Chrome on all of my devices: on my computers, tablets, and phones. I just feel that the browser is faster and has much more features to work with. (Especially Incognito Mode, haha. Just joking.) In fact, I'm using Chrome right now to be on PokéCommunity!

Years
Personally, I use Chrome on all of my devices: on my computers, tablets, and phones. I just feel that the browser is faster and has much more features to work with. (Especially Incognito Mode, haha. Just joking.) In fact, I'm using Chrome right now to be on PokéCommunity!
But hey, Incognito is useful hahaha.

I use Safari on my phone, and Chrome on my laptop. I don't really have a preference to be honest, I just like something with no toolbars and stuff at the top lol.

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years
Even though I use chrome, I prefer Internet Explorer 9. There are two reason I use Chrome, The first, and biggest reason is sync. I use a netbook, desktop and my cellphone all sync my bookmarks, making it easy to browse the web on any of the devices. The second is spell check out of the box. I use IE at work and I really like it. I use to hate IE with a passion, but IE9 has changed my opinion on IE, like W7 changed my mind about Windows.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
I've been stuck on Firefox ever since I downloaded it. I used be a die-hard Netscape user until it was canceled. I disliked MSIE from Day 1 so that's a no go for me. Opera was kind of nice, but it lacks the Persona features that I like on Firefox. I am also a bit anti-Google these days (that's a whole nother subject *rolls eyes*), so I never touch Chrome. I'm happy with what I have honestly, and I feel there is no need to switch. Plus Firefox is an awesome name, it even reminds me of Vulpix! ^^

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
Years
I prefer Firefox. I've been using it for years now and I can't see myself switching to anything like Chrome in the future. I especially like the newer version because it pretty much "records" the sites you visit most and then whenever you open a tab - boom! It's quick and simple! And then the Personas...I love them :3

I don't really like the layout of Chrome. Even though everyone loves it, I just can't make myself like it (>_<). Also - Internet Explorer is the worst out there in my opinion. I have to brave it whenever I use the computers and laptops at school. The majority of my friends use IE for everything, so they're used to the dodgy-ness. Not me.

So yeah, Firefox ftw! (^w^)

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Chromium, the free (open source) version of Chrome. Everything Chrome has without the feeling Google's stalking you. :D
Although for >100MB downloads I use Firefox. Chromium always says they've been "interrupted". :(

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
Years
I've been using Firefox since the dawn of time. Though I may have used Chrome briefly. And with the new 3D visual effect while using inspect element in Firefox, I'd say I'm havin' the time of my life browsing PokeCommunity with it.

~Always.

Years
I prefer Chrome over any other browser by a long shot. It's much faster than Firefox for me and has a bigger "web screen", unlike FF where the tabs and such take up a noticeable amount more of room. I was a big Firefox fan up until a year or so ago, though, but after giving Chrome a shot I realized it was much more for me. :3

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Chrome, it's speed makes it an optimal choice for me and it has an attractive appearance and interface. Before that I was an IE user (for some reason), I knew Mozilla was better and before that I was a Firefox user, but for some reason I was slow to switch. After having Chrome installed for a couple months I finally made the switch.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 30, 2016
I like and use Chrome, simply because it looks nice, its fast and does the job. It seems to be a bit faster than Firefox at least

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I've always used FireFox. Most people seem to have problems with it, not sure why, but I never once experience crashes or lack thereof for it.

I do have Internet Explorer, which I don't like & Google Chrome, my back-up in case FireFox does have problems on my laptop. Then again I first got Chrome because of Google Earth, which is AWESOME to use! Though Google is a bit faster, FireFox's speed is fast enough for me. IE is the most boring browser that existed

Years
I actually alternate between Firefox and Chrome. For a while, it was Chrome all the way for me, but I have begun to notice that Chrome isn't so good in processing and handling some stuff that Firefox can, such as Flash stability (Flash often crashes in Chrome due to memory leaks for me), but Chrome is more simplistic for me than Firefox. Overall, I'd say I use Chrome more than Firefox, but an internet browser outside of IE is an internet browser for me, IMO.

Last edited:
Back