• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Is there a list of the flags and variables already used by Fire Red?

Some of the major flags already used in firered are:
First badge = 0x820
Second badge = 0x821
Third badge = 0x822
Fourth badge = 0x823
Fifth badge = 0x824
Sixth badge = 0x825
Seventh badge = 0x826
Eighth badge = 0x827

Pokémon party = 828
Pokédex = 829
Running Shoes = 82F
The others are just used in scripts. Don't worry, there are a bunch of free flags.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
1.How do I activate the national dex in Ruby?
2.How do I edit door animations? Is that Tile editing? Like with tilemolster? If so, does anyone know where I can get it?
3. If I want to make a headbutt tree, do I have to put a script on every single tile that's a bush?
4. How do I make a script where when I enter a map at one time it has different wild pokemon in it than if I enter it another time. For example, in G/S/C, with each puzzle you solved, there were more and more unown found in the cavern.

Last edited:

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
2.How do I edit door animations? Is that Tile editing? Like with tilemolster? If so, does anyone know where I can get it?
3. If I want to make a headbutt tree, do I have to put a script on every single tile that's a bush?
4. How do I make a script where when I enter a map at one time it has different wild pokemon in it than if I enter it another time. For example, in G/S/C, with each puzzle you solved, there were more and more unown found in the cavern.
1. Trade with FR/LG (you must have Ruby and Sapphire Stone first). No script for this.
3. yes.(you can put signpost)
4. I think you can't

And my question: can you give me the offset of textbox's pallette in Ruby?

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
1- i think national dex can be activate using special 0x16F...
2- yes, you have to use Tile molester, but you can use every Tile edtor you want
4- i think you can do this with ASM, but it'll be very difficulty...

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

4: I dont know how to edit the particular unknown that appear, but if you need to, you can make a level script... If your map is a warp only entrance. (Like a room, or a dungeon) Then you can set the warps to that map as 127.
Warp Number 127
Map Bank 127
Map Number 127

Then, you can make a level script check for flags, set by your puzzles, or check for variables... (That would be easier)...
For instance...

Solve one puzzle - setvar 0x4000 0x1

Then in a level script in the map that has the warps...

compare 0x4000 0x1
if b_== goto @setwarp
#org @setwarpplace 0xWarp# 0xMapBank 0xMap# 0xXpos 0xYpos
release
end

What this does is sets the maps warps to the selected specifications, then all you need to do, is make 2 copies of your map, and change the wild pokemon data in each of them. then change the warp data via the level script to manipulate which map you go to...

In simple, the level script makes the warp change, depending on the variables number.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
And my question: can you give me the offset of textbox's pallette in Ruby?
offests for textbox palettes can be obtained by add 0x140 at the base offset e9aefc (that contains palette for textbox 1), so:
1: E9AEFC + 140 =
2: E9B03C + 140 =
3: E9B17C
4: E9B2BC
5: E9B3FC
6: E9B53C
7: E9B67C
and so on

Only in FR.

I don't think Ruby has a special or flag for it. :\

Ok, I believed it can work in ruby too... Sorry

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Thanks but how to find the offset of palette?
i need more to change textbox of battle screen, dialogue...?
and can you tell me about offset of "callasm" in script. How to get this offset?

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Thanks but how to find the offset of palette?
i need more to change textbox of battle screen, dialogue...?
and can you tell me about offset of "callasm" in script. How to get this offset?
The offset of palettes are the offset I just posted you in my previous message... you can use APE to change them...
If you want to change the image of th textbox you have to use Tile Molester, and to follow THIS tutorial
Callasm is a script command, it can used to call an ASM routine...

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
Andryandrew can you fix my rom i will put it here if you can
//Coz my rom crashes when i battle poochyena so you maybe delet this event

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I found palette offset of textbox (when talk) but i can't find palette offset of battle textbox in Ruby.
Can you help me?

DemonParia

Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2015
Hi, I'm not totally sure if this is a 'simple question', but when I was using a custom tileset (Kyledove's DS Gen-esque tileset) for FireRed I had loads of problems with it, and I've fixed all of them except one.

On the custom houses, when opening the door, it glitches the tiles of the house to the left and right of the door and makes them look like a door animation on the glitched tiles, one frame of the door animation per tile.

Walking out of house
glitch1.png

Outside of house
Pokemon-RainfallAdventures-1.png

It makes the line of tiles to the left and right of the door messed up. I talked with a friend about it and he suggested something about editing the animation manually, but he hasn't been online to explain that. I really need an explanation and a way to fix it, because there's no way I can release a hack with this...

Also, I was wondering how you rename the trainer classes with Advance Trainer (A-Trainer).

Last edited:

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
I've still got a question:

How can I edit the Trainer Battle intro? (Pokémon emerald)
I want to edit the big "Team Aqua sign" that flashes when you battle a Team Aqua member.
I mean the logo that flashes right before you start the Trainer Battle.
Is it editable in unLZ? If so, what is the number? I've searched unLz a coupl of times already, but I can't seem to find the logo...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I've still got a question:

How can I edit the Trainer Battle intro? (Pokémon emerald)
I want to edit the big "Team Aqua sign" that flashes when you battle a Team Aqua member.
I mean the logo that flashes right before you start the Trainer Battle.
Is it editable in unLZ? If so, what is the number? I've searched unLz a coupl of times already, but I can't seem to find the logo...

I hope this answers your question...

And, some housekeeping rules too.
  • Do not ask the same questions over and over again.
    Instead, search the thread if it already has been answered and if not, just wait for someone to answer it! If you don't want to wait, just [url-inline="search.php"]search the forum[/url-inline] and try to find an answer yourself. Almost everything has been answered before.
  • Do not demand for answers to your questions!
    People to not have to answer your questions, they do it because they want to! Not only are those posts annoying, they also are completely pointless! If such a post is found, it will probably be deleted.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Hi, I'm not totally sure if this is a 'simple question', but when I was using a custom tileset (Kyledove's DS Gen-esque tileset) for FireRed I had loads of problems with it, and I've fixed all of them except one.

On the custom houses, when opening the door, it glitches the tiles of the house to the left and right of the door and makes them look like a door animation on the glitched tiles, one frame of the door animation per tile.

House: [ [] ]

Open door: [\ \ \ / \ \ \]

It makes the line of tiles to the left and right of the door messed up. I talked with a friend about it and he suggested something about editing the animation manually, but he hasn't been online to explain that. I really need an explanation and a way to fix it, because there's no way I can release a hack with this...

Also, I was wondering how you rename the trainer classes with Advance Trainer (A-Trainer).
about renaiming trainer class it's a bug of A.Trainer, but it's still a beta, you have to wait for the stable release

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
I found palette offset of textbox (when talk) but i can't find palette offset of battle textbox in Ruby.
Can you help me?
Do the same procedure except do it in a battle sequence...And use thethethethe's tutorial in the same way if that's wrong then someone let me know but i think that's right...

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I can't understand why when i enter some map (after edit evenr), battle with a trainer or wild pokemon, i move but the sprite of hero not move. (if i enter this map again, this problem can no longer)
(like some other hacks)
Sorry if my english is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back