• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2012
another question. Why is the elite 4 so much harder in this game? Dark, Ghost, Fighting, and whatever the other is. I never prepared for this so almost none of mine are strong except for fighting (cause he's kinda weak). I need some help.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
another question. Why is the elite 4 so much harder in this game? Dark, Ghost, Fighting, and whatever the other is. I never prepared for this so almost none of mine are strong except for fighting (cause he's kinda weak). I need some help.

The last type is Psychic (Caitlin).

All you need to do is train your Pokemon up to the levels of the Elite 4, and try to target the Elite 4's weaknesses by giving your Pokemon moves with good coverage.

All of Shauntal's and Caitlin's Pokemon are weak to Dark and Ghost (except for Caitlin's Metagross in the rematch). All of Grimsley's Pokemon are weak to Fighting (except for the rematch, when his Drapion is neutral to it), and all of Marshall's Pokemon are weak to Flying. Those are their basic weaknesses. Some of their Pokemon have other types other than their specialty, so you'll have to find out those weaknesses for yourself.

Years
@Drakes Here are their weaknesses:

VSShauntal.png
563.gif
593f.gif
609.gif
623.gif
426.gif
478.gif

In Rematch: Froslass and Drifblim

All of Shauntal's Pokemon are weak to Ghost and Dark. Froslass, Chandelure and Drifblim also share a weakness to Rock.

VSGrimsley.png
510.gif
553.gif
560.gif
625.gif
452.gif
319.gif

In Rematch: Sharpedo and Drapion

All of Grimsley's Pokemon (other than Drapion) are weak to Fighting, use Ground attacks against Drapion. Bisharp is 4x weak to Fighting.

VSCaitlin.png
518.gif
561.gif
576.gif
579.gif
437.gif
376.gif

In Rematch: Bronzong and Metagross

All of Caitlin's Pokemon (other than Bronzong and Metagross) are weak to Dark and Ghost. Gothitelle, Reuniclus and Musharna are also weak to Bug. Use Fire attacks against Metagross and Bronzong (Bronzong has Levitate).

VSMarshal.png
534.gif
538.gif
539.gif
620.gif
454.gif
286.gif

In Rematch: Breloom and Toxicroak

All of Marshal's Pokemon are weak to Flying and Psychic. Breloom has a 4x Flying weakness while Toxicroak has a 4x Psychic weakness.

And for Alder:

VSAlder.png
584.gif
589.gif
617.gif
621.gif
626.gif
637.gif

Keep in mind that half his team (Volcarona, Accelgor and Vanilluxe) are weak to Rock. Use Fighting attacks on Bouffalant, Ice on Druddigon and Fire on Escavalier. Volcarona will probably fall easily to Physical-based Rock attacks due to low Defense and a 4x Rock weakness, avoid letting it set up Quiver Dance.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2012
The elite 4 is really really really pissing me off.

Will I get a chance to heal my pokemon before I face Alder? If i even get to after the elite 4?

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

Will I get a chance to heal my pokemon before I face Alder? If i even get to after the elite 4?

What level are your Pokémon? If they're underlevelled, you may need to train them to stand a chance at all. Lv60 is probably the bare minimum on the rematches, and even then it's hard.

There aren't any healing chances besides using items.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Based on the way you're talking, it sounds like you're not on the rematches yet, just the storyline? The first time through, you get a heal after the Elite Four iirc. During the rematches, you don't.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2012
It's not the rematches. First time through, that's why im so unprepared. They go
Unfezant 46
Fraxure 45
Darmanitan 47
Bouffalant 43
Serperior 50
Durant 42

I have a Beartic at 42 and a Boldore at 40. That's about it and some others that are high 30s.

I won!!!!!! ahahahah yea baby!!!!

Last edited:
Years
i have a question about EV training

for example i want to train a pokemon to have 4HP / 252Atk / 252Spe
starting with a lvl1 jolly pokemon and killing Patrats (+1 atk EV yield)
does this mean i have to kill 252 Patrats (w/o Macho Brace or Power Bracer)?
126 with Macho Brace, or 50 with Power Bracer?

but lets say i give it 10 Proteins (thats 100 EV, right?) so i must kill 152/76/30 Patrats (no item/macho brace/power bracer) to reach the 252Atk?

and is there a way to check the EV's?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
i have a question about EV training

for example i want to train a pokemon to have 4HP / 252Atk / 252Spe
starting with a lvl1 jolly pokemon and killing Patrats (+1 atk EV yield)
does this mean i have to kill 252 Patrats (w/o Macho Brace or Power Bracer)?
126 with Macho Brace, or 50 with Power Bracer?

but lets say i give it 10 Proteins (thats 100 EV, right?) so i must kill 152/76/30 Patrats (no item/macho brace/power bracer) to reach the 252Atk?

and is there a way to check the EV's?

You can't check the EVs in the game itself; you'll have to keep track of them yourself. However, there's a girl in Opelucid who'll tell you if your Pokemon is fully EV trained.

And, your above calculations are correct. I'd also say that the Power Bracer is more effective than the Macho Brace if you're EV training in Attack.

Years
i dont have items from the Subway yet :(
dont even have a decent team for Single Battles

and can i reset the EV's with the DW berries? 10 EV's like vitamins?
for example reducing my Scrafty's SpA/Def/etc... to 0 and EV train Atk and Spe with vitamins/wings/battles?

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2012
Skarmory Question

If i wanted my skarmory to know both roost and whirlwind would I be right in thinking the best way to get it to learn both is to breed it on B/W so it learns whirlwind then trade it back to gen 4 game to teach it roost with a TM and then trade back?

thanks in advance

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If i wanted my skarmory to know both roost and whirlwind would I be right in thinking the best way to get it to learn both is to breed it on B/W so it learns whirlwind then trade it back to gen 4 game to teach it roost with a TM and then trade back?

thanks in advance

Nope, you can't trade it back to generation four. :( Only forward.

In generation four you can get Whirlwind as an egg move, and then teach it Roost in the same game, then trade forward to Black and White and you'll be all good :3 Or leave it on generation four if you want.

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
I just found out you can ask for AR codes here, so...

I have searched high and low through the intarwebs for an IV/EV check AR code for german Black/White editions. All I can find are english codes that don't seem to work.

My questions: Is there an easy way to modify AR codes to work for games in a different language? And if not, is there a good place for AR codes for german games?

Thanks,
Peter

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
I just found out you can ask for AR codes here, so...

I have searched high and low through the intarwebs for an IV/EV check AR code for german Black/White editions. All I can find are english codes that don't seem to work.

My questions: Is there an easy way to modify AR codes to work for games in a different language? And if not, is there a good place for AR codes for german games?

Thanks,
Peter

There are alternative methods for checking IVs and EVs, the easiest being Pokécheck. I'm fairly certain it works with games of any language.

Hugg

Multiple Breeder
Years
I was going to buy black but google says they have different things about it, could anyone tell me which is better or what is their difference? And how to get shiny event raikou and zoura?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I was going to buy black but google says they have different things about it, could anyone tell me which is better or what is their difference? And how to get shiny event raikou and zoura?

Pokémon Black and White have a few differences.
A list of Pokémon different in each.
A list of different areas.
A list of different battles.
There are also a few other minor things, such as a current wifi event, where you will receive Zekrom in Black and instead Reshiram in White. Which is better is up to opinion, generally choose based on which of the Pokémon you like better. Also Black has a more futuristic and developed theme, while White has a more past and natural theme. You'll need to trade to get the Raikou and Zoura. The shiny Raikou event ended long ago.

Years
Poke Transfer help

I have 2 DS, White, and heart gold, but everytime i go to use poke transfer it says error on white and it says cannot use save data on heartgold... can someone tell me why this is happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back