• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Timeline

Sirfetch’d

Sorry if this is already a thread, but where on the Pokemon timeline do you think this game will fall? Will old characters return even older? Or will the game be set before the events in B&W? Discuss..

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Someone mentioned Colress as an old man on another forum, i doubt it was true, but it makes it seem later then BW2.

Which is most likely what will happen.
Unless RSE are Remade and the two games link up, Then it puts it with the same time as RSE and FRLG

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
For me.. it's either the distant future.. or.. way into the past before Mewtwo. Maybe it's the events leading up to Mewtwo's creation. With the whole X and Y and biology and experimentation, I see it as a definite possibility. I said earlier but I'll reiterate here that I think it'd be cool if the opposing team were Scientists that the remaining went to cinnibar island or something!

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
I see it happening in line with, as Kura said partially, the pre-creation period of Mewtwo possibly, because, from the screenshots shown, it resembles a past-themed environment.

Or, it could be a ruins type place, as the features again, relate to a past theme.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Pretty confident it'll be close to BW/BW2

Especially with plenty of gen V pokes showing up in the trailer...makes me believe the reionaldex will rely more heavily on Unovas than I-IV for casual pokemon, although it seems to be a mix ala DPt.
(ie Frillish>Tentacool, Audino>Chansey..)

Years
The only problem with these games taking place before Gen 1 is that Gen 1 had only 151 Pokemon. This would force more of the new Pokemon to be available in any Remakes of FRLG and RSE. So, I think that these games will take place a few years after Black and White.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2015
I think it was said that it tkes place after Black and White 2. I could be wrong though.

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
It is plausable that it takes place after Black and White 2, it does have Unova Pokemon in the Region, which confuses me because Unova is said to be isolated as heck, so It's hard to tell, we will most likely find out soon when they are ready to announce it. :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
In the future of B2/W2 imo. Or at least at the same time which might make some sense. Not really a fan of it being in the past since X/Y just seem so revolutionary and I'm not sure why (other than the graphics obv lol).

Michimo

Princess Spectacular
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
X/Y timeline?

So, I don't THINK this thread has been made yet... But it might have so apologizes if I'm just being repetitive.

The point is to open speculation on where these games will take place in the Pokemon universe, as we know that Gen. I and Gen. III events happen simultaneously, while Gen. II and Gen. IV happen three years from then; also simultaneously.

I'm not sure when, but BW happen sometime after Gen. II/IV, and then direct sequels BW2 happen two years after that.

Soooo... My question is when do you think X and Y take place? I think there is a chance it takes place simutaneously with either BW or BW2.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think BW take place one year after HgSs (mostly cause Sabrina had her vision of Ethan during RGBY time so I'm guessing she had the vision of the B2W2 player after GSC time).
Anyways I'm hoping these games take place during B2W2, maybe in the time between. if it's between I hope we can see N in what he was doing in the mean time or maybe even the old player character ;).

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Oh goodie I was planning on making this thread sooner or later. I've been wondering about this ever since it was announced and I quite frankly don't know. It can't be too far off from Gen 5 considering there are Gen 5 pokemon in these new games.

I didn't know about Gen 2 and Gen 4 being simultaneous. I did know about Gen 1 and 3.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
2 and 4 are confirmed by in game events but RSE aren't 100 percent certain to have taken place during RGBY.

Anyways I hope they give us a better idea of the time line as RSEBW are loose in the time line as are B2W2 as the originals aren't certain. Help set the timeline GF! Wow I sound like one of those timeline obsessed Zelda fans...

Michimo

Princess Spectacular
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Oh goodie I was planning on making this thread sooner or later.
Oops, sorry for stealing the thread idea... No I'm not. At least it's done now, right? c:

Hmm... That basically leaves Gen. V as the only solo timeline. (which is also undefined) I think if Gen. VI events happens after the BW events, but not during the BW2 events, we may get to see N. Which would be cool, in other words in the two year gap between Gen. V games is where Gen VI takes place.

Oh jeez, the Zelda timeline... !! I didn't actually know anyone else even gave the Pokemon timeline any attention so, actually, I'm kinda glad to see responses here.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Oops, sorry for stealing the thread idea... No I'm not. At least it's done now, right? c:

Hmm... That basically leaves Gen. V as the only solo timeline. (which is also undefined) I think if Gen. VI events happens after the BW events, but not during the BW2 events, we may get to see N. Which would be cool, in other words in the two year gap between Gen. V games is where Gen VI takes place.

Oh jeez, the Zelda timeline... !! I didn't actually know anyone else even gave the Pokemon timeline any attention so, actually, I'm kinda glad to see responses here.

Hahaha, it seems like we weren't the only ones with the same question so no worries!

So you're saying in between BW and B2W2...hmmm that's actually very interesting and plausible. It'd be a cool concept but then I wonder why in B2W2 there are no hints at a foreign region or new pokemon...

Back