• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: pokemon light platnium

do you want dawn sprite or misty sprite

• misty

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • dawn

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ki77y666

I'm with stupid ^
Years
Ok sorry i have not been on i have not ditched you guys i was just to busy with my hack that is the reason i have not been on.
I am waiting for a beta or a demo to insert the scripts. One of the scripts is an event that ssm can add called a bank. I will try to go on more often but like I said I am working on my own hack. That does not mean I am to busy for this one.

SierraTDI

Cody?! where are you???
Years
Hey loves im back and im going solo unfortunately since i was gone for so long and everyone that i worked with dont go on this site anymore unless i can get a brand new crew if so please comment your skills and ill add you to the new team roster

Years
You want to join me? I'm attempting to make a hack that has Pokemon from Gen 1-6 in it and is close to Sapphire as possible. Don't worry, I have a lot of features planned for it. I'm currently the scripter and director and I have one more working with me. What do you say? :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
Light platinum is a name of a completed rom hack already so you would need to change your name. Also, there isn't much there and i don't think it is possible to have 4 regions haha

good luck though

adipasa

Amateur Hacker
Years
Light platinum is a name of a completed rom hack already so you would need to change your name. Also, there isn't much there and i don't think it is possible to have 4 regions haha

good luck though

The title is not gonna effect ._.
Because This Project is earlier than the WesleyFG's Light Platinum 0.0

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
The title is not gonna effect ._.
Because This Project is earlier than the WesleyFG's Light Platinum 0.0

Actually, that isn't the case at all. This game was first posted in 2008, it was then closed in 2010. Wesley FG made this game inbetween the time that this thread was closed and opened. The thread was opened back up in 2014.

So.....technically this game didn't exist while Wesley's light platinum was being made and finished so Wesley's light platinum comes first.

The name just needs to be changed.....that isn't much to ask lol.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Before this explodes into a massive argument, I am simply going to request that the name does need to be changed, simply to avoid confusion. In this case, the "light" was supposed to show that it was a demake. Why not simply find a synonym for "light"? There should be no issues then.

Okay, end of discussion. sundayschoolmusic, you will need to make a decision and post it here. Any more posts discussing this or fighting with other members about it may be seen as spam, since they aren't helping anyone. The only thing I can see actually helping are name suggestions, however, I don't want those to take place unless sundayschoolmusic specifically asks for them.

Are we clear? Cool.:D

I wish you all the best of luck in your endeavors.

~karatekid552

Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Other then the name, there is other stuff in my opinion I feel like they need to be addressed though. First, now that I realize my computer isn't glitching out, you might want to fix the main thread, it looks out of place and unprofessional.
The storyline, well from what I gathered at the main thread, it is very limited. All I get from it is "be a master coordinator in Sinnoh and Kanto(?)''. Is there gonna be an evil team, or something your not telling us? And why go back to Kanto? I mean, the story says that you need to get 8 ribbons and I assume that this is in Sinnoh, or maybe half in Sinnoh, half in Kanto. Also, is the gimmick of this hack contests or battling, or both, because the story so far sounds like its focused on contests, but then you scroll down and it talks about gyms now so. :/

The outline of Rowan's sprite looks like it needs to be touched up, I see a mostly black outline and it kinda looks off. The mapping needs work, especially the screenshot taking place on I guess Shaymin's map looks pretty bad.

I hope this hack turns out great though! Good luck!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
i guess cuz they said i dont do my own work so i think they are mad at me and quit

This. I take back everything i said in my first post on this thread (except the part about changing the name) because this comment right here explains it all.

Here is a tip. You should probably do some of the work on your hack rather than just make a thread and answer questions....Just reading through this thread really made me mad, and now i don't really want to see this hack succeed because of the owner and his sheer ignorance.

Mapping is honestly not hard at all....scripting isn't that bad.....why don't you at least contribute to some of those areas? I'm trying to turn this into constructive criticism, but i really can't. All i really want to say is that my "good luck" is pointed more towards your attitude rather than the hack itself.

STS

P.S.: I just noticed that you actually don't have to change the name because Wesley can actually spell.

SierraTDI

Cody?! where are you???
Years
if people get upset due to the title im sorry but i wanted this title since i did technically came up with it first wesley stole the name and gets better comments than me which is unfair im actually trying to do my own work here too so like i need a new team for this hack i promise ill do work with this hack i mean mapping is what i can do so ill map for some parts of the hack so yeah sorry for any inconvenience

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Years
if people get upset due to the title im sorry but i wanted this title since i did technically came up with it first wesley stole the name and gets better comments than me which is unfair im actually trying to do my own work here too so like i need a new team for this hack i promise ill do work with this hack i mean mapping is what i can do so ill map for some parts of the hack so yeah sorry for any inconvenience

Im actually sure he didnt steal it- and I dont think Pokecommunity was the first site he posted his progress in, so that is a bit of a lousy excuse. Also, he did do a very good job with his hack, so I dont think the comments about it are neccesary. And to comment to your mapping, its empty- I know this isnt the place to put it, but I defiantly think you should take a look at it for your own good, and the hacks good. Other than that, I wish you the best of luck I guess, lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hey dude can I just start off by saying I know what it feels like to be a new hacker (only been at it for a year and a half) and so I know how it feels to feel as if u don't know anything, but if you try things out you'll learn along the way. Also I know you might not like everyone making suggestions to change the name, but if you really want people to stop hassling you for it changing it will be better in the long run =) it will actually be worse for your hack if you don't change it IMO because people will get yours and WesleyFG's confused. How about Pale Platinum or Origin Platinum or something like that?

When I first tried scripting I had no clue but I gave it a go and now after a while I would say I'm pretty good thanks to some of the tutorials on here. Scripting is one of the most important things in a hack and tbh pretty much no one will be willing to make ALL the scripts for you. If you can even just learn how to make simple scripts for your hack, you won't have to depend on other people to do things FOR you as much =) Just try it and see how it goes! I'll leave the links to the threads that helped me learn how to script here.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279345

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276

I hope this is helpful to you!

~AvaraMoon

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
May I suggest you make some time to learn to actually script and map?
There are far too many tutorials now than the last time you were here.
I suggest you use XSE, and LEARN to script.

I actually don't care if you like this name or that name or whatever name, but if you're not gonna do anything, this name will be no name.
Don't expect people to help you if you're not going to do anything with your hack.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
First off sundayschoolmusic, "thank you" for "actually reading my post, especially answering any questions regarding story or anything in general" (my quotes stand for sarcasm btw.)
It doesn't hurt to read and comment on all the posts posters make on your hack, actually improves your hack to be quite honest.

if people get upset due to the title im sorry but i wanted this title since i did technically came up with it first wesley stole the name
See what I bolded here? Look down at the bolded here.
Before this explodes into a massive argument, I am simply going to request that the name does need to be changed, simply to avoid confusion. In this case, the "light" was supposed to show that it was a demake. Why not simply find a synonym for "light"?
Your kinda screwed here, to put it bluntly. Oh, and the date of this hack seems to date back to 2008 and if my brain is right, the old Light Platinum by Wesley may have dated farther. Plus, other hacks can use the same name you know, I mean I at least heard of at least 4 "Pokemon Garnets" so having the same name doesn't change what does your hack have that the other doesn't. Also Wesley might not have even heard about your hack before, so it could be just an accident.

Also, "only do some mapping..." ....Really now? You are the maker of this hack, therefore, leader. You have to work with your team, not make them do all the work. For example, Pokemon Discovery. Some hackers and myself included have been helping and working on the hack for it to strive and succede, we all play a part. And do you want to know who does most work on the hack. Le Pug. He is the person who actually started the hack, made the thread, and basically had that hacks idea. I joined the team kinda quickly, and other people joined and it became a huge project thats almost close to its first beta. The team members have a decent workload to do, but not as much as Le Pug. Does Le Pug complain? NO! He is the leader, he does most of the work cause he has to (I mean not really but you get the point).

Being a lazy leader and not doing most of the work will be this hacks downfall if you don't change. I mean its been 4 years and you are still ignorant. I'm very sorry, I really am, but you need to face the reality of this.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I don't get why people argue about name...
20k7.png

Wesley's hack is Light Platinum.
This hack is Light Platnium.

Nothing serious.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Okay, so whatever with the title. I just like to say..
twinleaftown.jpg

You're to lazy to fix the maps. lol. The trainer sprites are fine, I liked them. Mapping needs a lot of improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back