• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Club of the Month! [June winners announced!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Pokemon Club of the Month!
(May)

480703xkstlx2g1z.png

Hello, and welcome to Pokemon Club of the Month! You may have noticed the big gap since last month's thread, but that's because the whole system has been changed for this edition and for future editions. Instead of working based on a voting system, the club of the month will instead be selected by the section's moderators as this is a fairer and less biased way of awarding the title. All clubs are automatically entered so good luck to all and let's have some fun with this! c:​

Guidelines

• Don't flame/troll/harrass members based on their thoughts about winning clubs!
  • Use this thread to discuss this month's winner(s) and which clubs you think should be considered next month.
  • Your comments about which clubs should be put forward to win will be taken into account, so make them persuasive!
  • Please keep all discussion related to the Club of the Month competition.
  • Most of all, have fun! :)

Winners! (May)

This month was a hard choice and after much debate, two clubs were selected as the May winners! Please congratulate the ♠ RNG Abuse Club ♠ and ★The Water Park★ [Water-Type Fan Club] on winning this month's competition! The RNG Club was selected as it had deserved this award for a long time due to a huge amount of activity, and due to great contributions from the majority of the club's members as well as an innovative and interesting new take on club activities with their frequent challenges and score board. The Water Park club on the other hand was equally well deserving of this award as the club was hugely active and exciting from the get go on day one and whilst being constantly kept updated and interesting by the very enthusiastic owner, this club will have a long history in the Pokemon Clubs section. Many other clubs were close to taking the prize too but these two clubs just happened to have that little extra spark about them, so good luck to everyone for next month and we hope to see some great discussions! c:​

Prizes

This dashing 'Champion Club' emblem!
aTTuL.png
As well as the '[Club of the Month]:' prefix being added to your club!​

~Kudos from the delightfully delicious Ozzy & Olli <3​

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Definitely well deserved for both. Even though RNG Abusers may have experienced a loss of activity in the past month, it's still going well with a great owner, and likewise with the Water type club. Keep up the good clubs!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
When can we like..start discussing about next Club of the Month winners and stuff?

Much respect to all the past Club of the Month winners. I, myself, had put much work and dedication into the Legendary Club. Spent all day working on the main post before submitting it. I was (& Still am!) extremely surprised to see my club won the inaugural Club of the Month! I try to reach respect out to all future winners in my position as possible. As it was announced my club won it for February's Club of the Month winner, my birthday was March 7th and it actually WAS, the best birthday present I had this year. \m/ Thank you all who voted for my club.

I just want to share the rest as I haven't exactly done it and this could be the perfect place to do it? The Riolu/Lucario club owned by OoKamiRemi is a very surprised survivor as a club and club owner. Just for one family, as popular as Lucario is, it has survived over a year and activity in that club continues to go forward! It's a rare thing, and a winner as Club of the Month is an excellent and perfect achievement for this success.

As for the Cute Club, why did you let it die AlexOzzyCake? :( It still had so many more potential of activity to continue! Aside from that, that club was amazingly terrific. Everything about that club had all the attention a successful club should have. Congrats to the two winners of March's Club of the Month. Very worthy of deserving the achievement.

Then we go onto April's Club of the Month winner, back to one winner. ShinySearcher01 is definitely a great owner for his Eeveelution Club. It definitely hit the spotlight to be active. Though I hate to say it, it seems like every time a club wins Club of the Month, it seems they struggle with their active status a bit afterward. However, ShinySearcher01 did a great job keeping his club alive and the members are very thorough in their discussion. Props to SS01. Keep up the good work!

And finally, the newest system of selecting Pokemon Clubs of the Month had taken place during May's election. Once again, we have two winners, and very deserving for each. The New-found Water Park went off the chart with very, very excellent background and structure creation to the club. What more can a successful club ask for?? Meganium90 is an excellent owner choice for this, and she sure knows how to create the fun at the Water Park!

RNG Abuse Club is another successful club owned by, none other than the man himself, Mac of York. My goodness, this club was worthy to winning this achievement from the start. Activity and very friendly environment, with the best activity in the Pokemon Clubs section currently. The challenges each members have listed thus far, had been very interesting, especially with the submissions.

All and all, each club had major influence in one form or another, and all have been very worthy in their own separate ways. I cannot wait to see which new future club winners will rise and be welcomed to the list. Whenever we can start the discussion xD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
When can we like..start discussing about next Club of the Month winners and stuff?
Right now! Who do you think should win? :D

As for the Cute Club, why did you let it die AlexOzzyCake? :( It still had so many more potential of activity to continue!
Lol don't remind me, biggest mistake I've made all year! But the new Cute Club is doing well too so at least some good came from it c:

droomph

weeb
Years

Mine. Haha lolnope worst club ever. Ummm...Even though atif's Team Plasma Club isn't doing very well as of right now, I see a lot of potential in it, and the first post is very well laid-out and informative. And even if there's no CSS (yet?), it looks like a lot of effort was put into making that club. And one more thing about it!
Points System
How do get points? The read here!

Post in this thread - 1 Point
Make a new topic after a while - 5 Points
Using a Userbar - 2 Points a week!
Respect/Friendly/Active - 5 Points a week!
Joining - 5 Points!

Shop
(Pokémon coming soon!)

Multicoloured Username - 10 Points
Coloured Username (Choice) - 5 Points
Switch Pokémon - 15 Points

1st Upgrade - 30 Points
(Below are upgrade-only acessible features).
Multicolour Username - 5 Points!
Coloured Username (Choice) - 2 Points!
Switch Pokémon - Upgrade only - Kanto - 7 Points!

2nd Upgrade - 45 Points
(Again, like first upgrade).
2nd Pokémon - Kanto/Johto/Hoenn - 10 Points
Switch - Any - 8 Points
Coloured Username - 1 Point! :D
Multi Username - 4 Points! :)
Shiny Pokémon - 25 Points

There are more upgrades, but i'll write them down later. :)
Holy mother of God that's a lot of effort to update.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Effort to update =/= a good club :3 But yeah, it certainly does have a lot of potential! Kinda beckons the question why did it die out first time though?

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Gym Leaders are Kings & Queens Well right now, I'd like to say Zayin's Team Rocket Club. Simply because it's a real good club and Zayin is doing an excellent job as an owner. They are really discussing how Team Rocket is reappearing onto the show (if I'm reading them correctly LOL) Everyone deserve an award for their team spirit.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Interesting choice, but what about the Dawn club? They're doing the same kind of thing with Dawn as we speak! ;o I enjoy stirring up trouble.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I would like to take the chance to THANK OzCake and Olli for choosing my club as Club of the Month. Honestly, this is truly an honour for me, and it's quite a surprise actually! I think The Water Park has exceeded my expectations of a club from the previous two I made in the past, and I'm definitely sure it's going to make it far. :33

I would also like to thank my "Water Park Visitors" for being so supportive and being so fun! :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I would like to take the chance to THANK OzCake and Olli for choosing my club as Club of the Month. Honestly, this is truly an honour for me, and it's quite a surprise actually! I think The Water Park has exceeded my expectations of a club from the previous two I made in the past, and I'm definitely sure it's going to make it far. :33

I would also like to thank my "Water Park Visitors" for being so supportive and being so fun! :)

You certainly earnt it, the Water Park is an outstanding club indeed! Now how about the other winners give some speeches too? :D

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

You certainly earnt it, the Water Park is an outstanding club indeed! Now how about the other winners give some speeches too? :D

Interesting choice, but what about the Dawn club? They're doing the same kind of thing with Dawn as we speak! ;o I enjoy stirring up trouble.

I already said mine \m/

I feel Team Rocket is a bit more active than Dawn club. Of course the current Dawn Club wouldn't be a bad face as Club of the Month winner. As the Pokemon Characters, I don't see the others currently winning them (Meaning- Misty, Team Plasma Clubs) as their activity is real low and isn't worthy, yet or at all. That's just my opinion.

I am probably going to wait until halfway through June, aka June 15th-17th or so, to actually give out my top 2 or 3 suggestions. Still to early to tell. :pirate:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I kinda agree with Sector, we're in the early part of June, so maybe we should make our choices by.....mid-month? As always, I'll be club-hopping to make my choices!

also Mac need to do his speech. brb bragging him.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Well right now the clubs are more inactive than active as it seems. We do have several new clubs rising and trying to take notice to the community..this will be the hardest decision ever for Club of the Month. Decisions, decisions...

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2012
I look forward to this month's Club of the month. Still halfway before the month ends and I'm sure there will be lots of things that will happen. Hope a rising club will be elected this time if other clubs will keep on staying inactive.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I look forward to this month's Club of the month. Still halfway before the month ends and I'm sure there will be lots of things that will happen. Hope a rising club will be elected this time if other clubs will keep on staying inactive.

There are a lot of rising clubs that have been incredibly well-received this month so I'm betting you'll be right!

So the deadline is closing in and we'll soon be deciding the next Club of the Month winner, but which club do you guys think should win?

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
This has been a very difficult situation to think about. I personally do think a rising club should get the honor, but the ones that are created like "right now" and that new, should wait until next month to see if it holds potential in activity. I mean, make it required to be at least a week old after its birth so we can see how the club really takes off. Just my opinion. So other than the recent winners nothing is more overcrowded than the Gym! the most active clubs so far are probably the Electric Pokemon & Human Shaped Pokemon

Bring it to the gym, your clubs will take more heat in discussion in like.. ever! It's certainly not a good month for Club of the Month, in my opinion. Everything's gone inactive lately and many new clubs are on the rise in the past few days, but I think they are a bit to late to win this month's. That's why we have July ;)

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Alrighty guys, the winner has now been selected!

This month has has seen the creation of quite a lot of clubs compared to previous months, which is really great, as together with bringing us more lovely clubs, also gives more competition. Though some of them hasn't really caught up yet, and some unfortunately appears to have been short-lived, there was one that stood out.

The Human Shaped Pokémon fan club, despite being of a rather difficult topic, has shown a great amount of activity considering the possible discussion topics that there are, and its owner, droomph, has shown to be a great owner for the club, keeping it updated with new topics, and everything else seen necessary.

So, big congratulations to droomph for winning June's CotM club "Human After All ♦ Human-Shaped Pokémon Club!" :D

droomph

weeb
Years
:D I won! Well that one was a little too late.

The club that I see is the most:

Dedicated: Nwakaego's ♥~The Heart of Dragons~ The Iris Fan Club!♥
She puts me to shame when it comes to dedication. Not many people care to be in the club, as is evident by the low posting rate in that club. But whenever she does get a reply to her club, she doesn't half-ass it and go barely into the subject as to welcome the new members and not break the new rule. No, she doesn't. Instead, she (he?) shows her passion for Iris through her long (but not boring!) replies. She shows that she really wants to have a successful club, and not just for the "[Club of the Month]" to be hers. For example, when she said,
Sorry if my post isn't very adequate. Saying what my favourite Iris moment is, is kinda hard. I'll definitely come back and give a better answer to it, though, when I go back and rewatch it. And thanks for sticking around the thread!
she showed that she really wanted to say even more, even after she had said so much about Iris! As compared to my lame-ass entry form:
Yes. That is what I like about Iris. Axew. And Emolga but that's something else.

They work together so well, and Axew is cute so that's a bonus <3
It wasn't even as long as her apologizing for not writing more! It's evident that she is dedicated to this club and will continue running it to the bitter end.

From this, we can tell that she really loves talking about Iris! That is why she should get the club of the month.​

Successful: AWSquared's [Thieves of the Night] Dark-Type Club ☻
Though it's dead and all, it's the perfect ratio of laid-back to seriousness. That's the perfect feeling a club should give me when I take a first look. And it's on the first ~10 of the most posts in the past month, so it qualifies for that portion of the contest.

The qualities that make this a Club of the Month is the atmosphere and post count. That is why he should get the Club of the Month.​

Fun: EternallyAnna and Otherworld9)'s Land vs Sea - The Team Aqua/Magma Fanclub
Though the majority of the posts have been of EA and Starsprite talking, it seems fun enough...her introductory post is a fun one to read (and a great take on the Sign-Up form) and her idea of Grunt's Pokémon as a partner Pokémon is a fun and new way to think about partners :) They seem to be having a discussion of wether Aqua/Magma is better, and it seems like they're having lots of fun (and I would too! debates lol)

Their club is interesting and new, and gives a break from the normal tedious work of answering topics. That is why they should get the Club of the Month.​

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Unfortunately guys there won't be a CotM announced this month as we've decided to make it a bi-monthly event from now on so that new clubs have a better chance at winning and the competition can pick up a bit rather than the old clubs dominating the place, so yeah, just so you all know. :D

So which club do you guys think would've one for July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back