• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Hyacinth Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
POKEMON HYACINTH
Hyacinth_Logo3879151363-iaza.png

I'm Resultz and this is my first Public Hack.

Awards
130a.png

Information
Hack of-Pokemon Ruby BPRe
Work started on (May 2010)

Team -
Myself-Mapping/Basic Scripting/Fakemon/Srite and Pokemon Insertion
Banjora Marxvile- Tiles, tile Insertion and RomBase
Orinjmate-Scripting/General Friendly help.
MiniM00se-Shiny Fakemon Sprites(eventually)
Some Members of the Marriland Forum (Especially the former) : Ruubie(n)Saphyre(DoranDragon on the PC), I Master I and TyranitarusRex248- Fakemon Sprites

Storyline
As a young 14 year old kid growing up in a family where your mother passed away, your father struggles to find time for you and your sister is the epitome of the teenage daughter, life is tough. They say that if life is tough, it means the world's afraid of your progress.
It's the eve of your 15th birthday, and you're not expecting anything much until you wake up.
Spoiler:

The Region of Yeito:
YeitoRegion-1.png

You start in the town most westerly.

Features
-Fakemon-45 or so. Beautifully Sprited by Mostly myself and ruubie(n)Saphyre
-'Brutal Pokemon' Parallel existing pokemon similar to their actual selves excet for colouring. Theyre also incredibly more powerful than their other selves.
-Beautiful Tiles, Credit to Banjora Marxvile and Reck
-Whole New Region of Yeito
-A New Take on the gym system
-an evil team that's actually evil.
-Decapitalisation of pokemon, places and terms.

Screenshots
Hyacinthscreenie1-1.png

HyacinthScreenie2-1.png

HyacinthScreenie3-1.png

Hyacinthscreenie4-1.png

Hyacinthscreenie5.png

Hyacinthscreenie6.png

Hyacinthscreenie7.png

Hyacinthscreenie8.png

Hyacinthscreenie9.png

HyacinthScreenie10.png

HyacinthScreenie11.png

Fakemon, A Taste:
Spoiler:

Credits

-Banjora Marxvile and reck for Tiles and RomBase
-Orinjmate, for scripting and being a general good friend
-DoranDragon, for some awesome fakemon sprites, and inspiring me to do this hack with fakemon.
-I Master I and TyranitarusRex248 for Fakemon sprites
-Everyone who helped me in the simple Questions thread.
(Orinjmate, Chad -, Giradialkia [if you feel you should be here, tell me])
-I Master I for giving me room on His forum: www.Pokemonshale.tk
-NikNaks, for creating the region map above
-Peeky Chew, for creating our support Banners :D
-Samson, for 8 awesome Fakemon!

Tools Used

-HackMew's A-Trainer, XSE, FSF, A-Starter, Unlz.GBA
-Silver's YAPE 0.9
-LU-HO's AdvanceMap 1.92
-Wichu's sprite Editors

Releases
None Yet
Alpha 1.0 Progress:
Mapping:100%
Scripting:70%
Spriting:60%
Overall Progress:75%

SUPPORT BANNERS

Code:
 [IMG]http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu79/RESULTZ/HyacinthsupportBanner1.png[/IMG]
Code:
 [IMG]http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu79/RESULTZ/Hyacinthsupportbanner2.png[/IMG]

Epilogue
thankyou for taking the time to read through this thread, and hope you like the game when its finally released

LOOKING FOR HELP: APPLY HERE!

CURRENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE. : Scripter; Scipt Inserter,World Map Inserter, OW/Trainer Spriter.

**To apply, state the position you're interested in, with your proof of work, and contact details**

**All SERIOUS Applicants will be considered for beta testing.**

Also i'm opening applications to be a Beta Tester :D
Form:
Code:
Name:
Reason for application:

Last edited:

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
This looks promising. I like the new world map and the screens look good. If you need help in something, please ask. And it's up to you to whether to credit me or not. :P.

Good luck on this.

Chad -

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
thanks guys, and yeah, chad, I could use another scripter if you'd like to help? Like i say i'm very poor at scripting and one, as good as Orinjmate is, wont be enough..

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
I'll see. I have summer school and I am not sure if I have time to hack this month.

Anyways, best of luck.

Chad -

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
Years
:O The storyline is really interesting. (Although I found quite a few grammatical errors :3) And finally, you have a dad in the game! Yeah, I know you had a dad in RSE, but he was a gym leader, so it's different, because he was never home.
And for some reason, this screenshot was really appealing to me.
HyacinthScreenie3-1.png

I wonder how other people are feeling, because I already know all the Fakemon...

FerretFox41

OOH... SHINY...
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2012
It's starting to look really great. I wish my computer wasn't broken, so I could actually help with this thing.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
:D more information will be released in due course, as with the fixing of the gramatical errors (my computer doesnt like the H key...)

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
HEy! good for you! you got it going ^_^ cant wait to see you put all the fakemon in a SPOILER! oh, and I am Ruubie(n)Saphyre. Maybe in a few posts I can post up the Fire starters I made ^_^

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
Hey you put the thread up :D
Why did you make the beachy place rainy? Isn't it supposed to be sunny?
You didn't credit me for scripting in the credits :( lol

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Ah, so this is the hack you mentioned... Right, time for critique:

Hyacinthscreenie1-1.png

Tile Error.

Also, you may want to check spelling/grammar in the Storyline.

And, another note, I may update the ROM Base some time soon, so if you want some of the updated tiles (like... A surprise set that you helped with), then I can give them then.

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
Ah, so this is the hack you mentioned... Right, time for critique:

Hyacinthscreenie1-1.png

Tile Error.

Also, you may want to check spelling/grammar in the Storyline.

And, another note, I may update the ROM Base some time soon, so if you want some of the updated tiles (like... A surprise set that you helped with), then I can give them then.
Hey, about the tile error, that's some ASM thing that changes the tile, not a tile error :S

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
@DoranDragon. Thanks :D nice to see you have a PC account, shall i change the credits name so people believe you?
And you making the Fire starters :O also, i know it's a big ask, but would you be able to help with the backsprites? Im stuck for finding anyoen to help and i fail haplessly at them.

@Orinjmate, If you'd like then i'll edit it. You're on the team though :D I sent you an E-Mail earlier ;) also about the beach.. It may be an archepeligo, but the cllimate isn't exactly tropical :) i know that it doesnt often rain in Brighton, but have you seen Bridlington? :D LOL

@Banjora Marxvile, I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of that Tileset, if you tell me when it's finished i'll send you the ROM would you be able to insert them? I dont think it's a good idea patching it at this stage...

Some of the fakemon, WILL be added in the next couple of days, to see what people make of them :D

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
You can change the info from ruubie to doran if you want. I think I'd prefer ruubie cause thats my name on marriland. sure I can help with the back sprites. oh, and if you want to see some sprites from Hyacinth, head over to the Pixel Palaceto see some sprite leaks ;D

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Thanking you. and not to toot our colective horn, but these fakemon are some of the best i've seen. ^^

but yeah doran, If you could do some backsprites, send them directly to minim00se, as he's shiny-ising them. The normal coloured ones can't be inserted.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
Years
I think you already know about that tile error in the first screenie. =P And the mapping isn't that bad, actually. =] My only question is is that if the 4th screenshot in a Route or Town? Because it looks like a route, but there's a Pokemon center...

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Its a checkpoint, like how there was a conveniently placed pokemon center outside Mt Moon and thr rock tunnel? its like that, although what its adjacent to remains undisclosed

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
I don't like the mapping that much but particularly I like the other stuff. :]

Expecting to see further improvements!

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
@Resultz
Oh yeah sorry I didn't notice I was in the team :D
And yeah archipelago sounds good.
Damn I like tropical beaches :(
(although they are overused in hacks, you never see a rainy beach)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back