• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Broken Beacon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Wow, everything is look great, Luke!

One question, Togepi's beginning moveset will be edited, correct?

Yes.

You make me sad.

Another FR hack with beautiful houses makes Emerald look dull.

>=[

But the screen shots look nice. Too nice.

I DID THAT KTHNX~

I had to do it Luke, btw scripting atm

EDIT: Every single Corinth Town script is done. <:

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Holy ****, quite literally!
This hack is really awesome, your ideas are perfect and the gyms leaders look amazing!
Good Luck, this looks relly good and i hope you finish it, it would be HotY easily XD

Last edited by a moderator:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Aw, but I liked Piratite...
This looks pretty good. That's quite an... intriguing story line you got there. 'Should be interesting seeing how you plan on implementing it seeing how it seems to draw heavily on corruption and emotions and other themes which can be difficult to manifest in GBA games. Anyways, best of luck to you and everyone else who's working on this.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Holy ****, quite literally!
This hack is really awesome, your ideas are perfect and the gyms leaders look amazing!
Good Luck, this looks relly good and i hope you finish it, it would be HotY easily XD

No swearing but thank you :)

Aw, but I liked Piratite...
This looks pretty good. That's quite an... intriguing story line you got there. 'Should be interesting seeing how you plan on implementing it seeing how it seems to draw heavily on corruption and emotions and other themes which can be difficult to manifest in GBA games. Anyways, best of luck to you and everyone else who's working on this.

I'm amazing so I can do anything. And maybe down the line after I finish this, Piratite will get done. After this story, that one was my favorite :D

WELL THERE WOULD BE NEW SCREENSHOTS

Except Manipulation's modem broke so we'll have to wait until this weekend to get anything else done screenshot wise. The forest map I did looks awesome and we were in the process of adding new tiles for the next town when he disappeared. HOPEFULLY there will be new updates soon :)

There's also a super secret surprise to be announced soon and a possible contest. Stay tuned ;D

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
I can't wait for new screenshots :B

Do you really have to give a pokemon back to that kid?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
I love the sound of this, and if I recall, (and correct me if I am wrong), but I loved it when you last showed it. I cannot wait for screenies, and I couldn't help but notice the "Not a Johto Remake"!

Anyway, I wish you all the best, and if it is as good as it sounds... Epic!

Chevalier

Réveiller
Years
Interesting story line even though I find a church worshiping a Pokemon a bit unrealistic.

Seems well planned and I hope to see more!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Alright! It's back! I was really hoping this hack would rise from the dead without being all zombie-esque...just don't kill it again please...hacks don't like being killed twice.

On another note, the hack is looking pretty freaking awesome, so keep at it :).

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Interesting story line even though I find a church worshiping a Pokemon a bit unrealistic.

Seems well planned and I hope to see more!

You do realize that people in the Pokemon world worship Arceus right?

And Ho-oh/Lugia are worshiped in Johto by everyone, whom the people in this hack are descandants of

Chevalier

Réveiller
Years
I knew about Arceus but I didn't know that Ho-Oh and Lugia worship went to that extent.

Its a bit comical because some Pkmn are just treated as pets, maids, friends, etc and others are worshiped.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
~CONTEST~

Win a chance to be included in the game!

That's right, you have the chance to be included in Broken Beacon as a major character. What do you need to do to be included? Well, that's simple! Fill out the form we provide correctly and you're in the running.

Here's the form:

Name: (for the character)
Appearance: (be descriptive - Signomi will hopefully draw you eventually and we'll need to provide her with as much detail as possible. Remember they are a leader in a church, so their outfit should fit within that mold.)
Pick one of four: Lust, Gluttony, Sloth, or Envy - This will determine the personality given to your character
Pokémon: Basically you'll be taking on the role of one of the Elite Four. Thus, you must pick five Pokémon of one of the following types. No legendaries. No Sinnoh Pokémon.

Bug
Electric
Fighting
Rock
Steel
Water
Ice

Dragons weren't included because they are overused and boring.

Be descriptive. Be creative. The deadline is November 20th. gogogogogo

And even if you don't win, you'll make a minor appearance as a random trainer :D

Small details are subject to change if needed to fit within story

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Name: Sean ;)
Appearance:
- black, short hair
- nothing special with the face, except for big eyebrows and a moustache
- a blue sweater
- just jeans
- about 180 cm tall
- not too wide; just a bit
Pick one of four: rather Gluttony
Pokémon: (only 3rd gen, right?) Water:
- Crawdaunt
- Slowbro
- Octillery
- Tentacruel
- Gorebyss

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
GOOD START! However, I forgot a small detail within the appearance requirements. Remember they are a leader in a church so they should dress accordingly. Tee shirts and shorts don't really fit within that mold. Try something sexy~

Love the Pokémon choices though!

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
GOOD START! However, I forgot a small detail within the appearance requirements. Remember they are a leader in a church so they should dress accordingly. Tee shirts and shorts don't really fit within that mold. Try something sexy~

Love the Pokémon choices though!
Oh, right. Fixing it right away.

Years
Name: Owen
Appearance: (edited)Average height, short light brown hair, mainly black clothing with red trim. Black rectangular glasses (can be sunglasses if easier to sprite), a black jacket (about knee/thigh length) with red wrist-cuffs. The jacket is open, showing a fancy black-and-red shirt with a kinda puffy white chest thing by his neck. Lol I forget what the proper name is.. The inside of the jacket is red. Black jeans/trousers with a fold at the bottom (as in they're too long, turned up). The turned-up bit is red.
Pick one of four: Envy
Pokémon:
Sabeleye
Gengar
Misdreavus
Haunter
Banette
if any Sinnoh evolutions of these are included, then I'd like them. But I'm not picky. This is awesome... Is my team ok now?

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
haha I forgot. No Ghost-type either because Dusclops isn't available for anything outside of the starter. Either use another one of those Pokemon or don't use Ghost-types. Sorry XD;

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
Name: Sid
Appearance: Tall, orange jacket, a black t-shirt, green shorts, a small hat, shoes blue.
Pick one of four: Gluttony
Pokémon: (Ice)
~ Glalie
~ Walrein
~ Jynx
~ Delibird
~ Piloswine

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
Name: Quinn
Appearance:
- Brown, long hair
A Yellow, Silver, black Outfit:
- Silver Fedora Hat, with a black band around it.
- a Black Hoodie/T-shirt mix with a yellow Pattern( Similar to Aarons)
- Tight Silver color pants, knee length, with black Band at every end.
- Normal shoes-black.
Middle size (body)
-Normal built
Pick one of four: Envy
Pokémon:Bug
- Ninjask
- Volbeat
- Ariados
- Scizor

Years
No chance of winning:

Name: Haroun
Appearance: Tall for his age, Haroun is a medium-toned boy with short black hair. He wears a long, pale red/pink robe over a white, oversized shirt (which stretches down towards his thigh area). He is bare-footed and has a joyous, yet slightly vacant, look on his face. Haroun has blue eyes and is moderately skinny, and insists of wearing a black wristband on his left hand.
Personality Option: Envy
Pokémon: Froslass, Jynx, Sealeo, Seel, Lapras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back