• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
If I have a Pokémon that's not a Unova native, like Celebi, and I trade Celebi before I get the extended Pokédex, will its information still be stored? I'm thinking that it's likely, but I want to make sure.

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2011
need help with my lineup

hey guys, im new here and need some help.
my lineup so far is:
-haxorus
-golem
-rapidash
-ferrothorn
and
-milotic

i need to know if that needs any improvements and what my last pokemon should be to make my team better.
thanks

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
Years
hey guys, im new here and need some help.
my lineup so far is:
-haxorus
-golem
-rapidash
-ferrothorn
and
-milotic

i need to know if that needs any improvements and what my last pokemon should be to make my team better.
thanks

Just for having that Haxorus, you win sir *thumbs up*.

Why not make your last Pokemon your starter? Whether it be the fighting pig, the green snake, or the water unicorn, all of them are good choices if your having trouble picking one. Another popular choice is Hydreigon, and he is pretty strong, but since you have Haxorus it kinda makes him unneeded. Zekrom/Reshiram, depending on which game you have, is also an excellent choice, though if you dont like legendaries...

If you dont use legendarys, try Volcarona.. and switch it out with Rapidash, if you dont fancy having two fire types in your team. Volcarona is pretty fast, and hits pretty hard. In the endgame, you can catch one in the wild at Lv. 70 at the Relic castle. With that, you can pretty much burn your way through the end game XD.

Seeing as you dont have an Ice type, if you dont mind using legendaries, go with Kyurem, though since you didnt specify if you beat the game or not..Hes in the Giant Chasm? At level 75 I believe, and his a very good Ice/Dragon type. Another good Ice type is probably the Vanillite line, or even Beartic if your looking for it.

Hope that helped a bit, sorry if I was wrong in any places XD.

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 29, 2011
i've been wondering, how exactly does one get the different appliance forms of Rotom? can you have more then one? and can Rotom itself be breeded?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I wanted pokemon white, but before I go get it I have to ask you. Is Ev training still the same as in hg/SS.
The EV mechanics in B/W are the same as in the Gen III and IV games except that the EV gains are seen after battle rather than after level up.

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
What are the guidelines around using Action Replay?

I only use it for a few reasons, one would be to quickly train my Pokemon to level 100 rather then taking a longer time. Another is also to hatch my eggs extremely quickly.

But what are the rules around using it to create Pokemon? Because I know there aren't too many prior generation Pokemon available in Black and White, so I use this to build my team but I'm not sure if that's against online play or just shunned upon? I remember reading something about it and that rules still apply even if the Pokemon has 'legit' stats.

So what are the restrictions on using Action Replay for team building for online play?

Years

I only use it for a few reasons, one would be to quickly train my Pokemon to level 100 rather then taking a longer time. Another is also to hatch my eggs extremely quickly.

But what are the rules around using it to create Pokemon? Because I know there aren't too many prior generation Pokemon available in Black and White, so I use this to build my team but I'm not sure if that's against online play or just shunned upon? I remember reading something about it and that rules still apply even if the Pokemon has 'legit' stats.

So what are the restrictions on using Action Replay for team building for online play?

I think this section is forbidden to talk about action replay. Just enter the code and follow instruction. You don't need no guide lines.

In the white pokemon. What is the legend called there? On the front cover.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years

You cannot go over the limit of 510 Ev's and your Pokemon must only have the correct stats. I.e Your Charizard cannot have 999 Special attack. Just make them according to min/max stats and such on Serebii.

I think this section is forbidden to talk about action replay. Just enter the code and follow instruction. You don't need no guide lines.

In the white pokemon. What is the legend called there? On the front cover.

That's just for code's. \: Anyway, if you're on about White version; it's Zekrom, Black version; Reshiram. <:

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
What's a great place for speed and defense EV training in Black?

For speed, any water/sea route would do fine. Basculin gives 2 Speed EVs and usually the best way to EV train in that stat. If your Pokémon is at a low level, I'd suggest surfing the area in Striaton City for Basculin, as they are usually around their 10-13's if I remember so correctly.

As for Defense, Sewaddle or Venipede should do. They only give 1 pt each but they're pretty easy to come upon within Pinwheel Forest.

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back