• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
I'm very confused as to where the legendary birds are. I caught Zapdos in the rock tunnel after putting the Yellow, Blue, and Red Flutes into their respective slots or whatever you'd like to call them at Outskirt Island. I just don't know where Moltres and Articuno are, would anybody else like to help?

Moltres is found in Mount Mortar, the middle cave up the waterfall. Articuno is found in the Ice Path, though to get to the cave, you surf down a body of water just before the official entrance.

Hi All,

How can I play this ips?
How do I patch it?

Can someone help me, because I really want to play this hack...

My suggestion would be to put everything related to Liquid Crystal into a separate folder, like the needed ROM and the .IPS file together. After that, my memory goes fuzzy. Sorry about that.

How can I update my beta 3.1 into live beta 3.1. I am anoob please help

Just replace your Beta 3.1 .IPS with the the Live Beta's. Make sure they're the same name too, so that the original beta's .IPS gets overwritten.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2018
yo sweet game ,

yeah but i got this lil problem , like when I'm at ilex forest trying to do the farfetche'd event, the friggin bird doesnt move it just lets out it's cry ...

It would be cool if you could get that fixed , thanks dawg ,

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
Hello, I'm a little stuck in the game :/

I have just defeated Blaine and delivered the Machine Part. Axel told me to take the diglett tunnel or something but theres nothing there. Also Axel is already on Cinnabar Island for a long time, where he tells me to look for Team Rocket. Can't find them either. So I have absolutely no idea where to go now, I've travelled both Johto and Kanto again but found nothing useful to this.
Does anyone know what I have to do? I have absolutely no clue.

Also, I was wondering where I can find the blue and white flute. I got the yellow and red already, but I cant find those other two. So anyone who knows where I can find these?

EDIT: I've just beaten the Champions League again but there's nothing with Team Rocket or Cinnabar Island yet :S

I hope someone can help me out :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2014
I dont know how to get the hack working :(, I've downloaded the visual boy advance prepared but I don't know what to do from there. someone please help!

pokemaster4315

Pokemon Master Rygar
Years
is this the full version now. as in, i can play through the whole game without having to stop. i got the 3.1 and it works but wanna know if i can play through the whole game. please reply :)

pokemaster4315

Pokemon Master Rygar
Years
ok cool thank you for replying so quickly :)

Thx for replying so quickly :)

i was sort of gonna play them in order. ya know: Fire Red (For Kanto), then Crystal (For Johto and Kanto :P), then Emerald (For Hoenn), then Pearl (For Sinnoh), then Black/White (For Unova).

Would you guys suggest replacing the original Crystal with this Liquid Crystal. will it be near enough the same. Thankyou if you read to this point and please reply.

I dont know how to get the hack working :(, I've downloaded the visual boy advance prepared but I don't know what to do from there. someone please help!

Well, i am new at this but from my experience this should help:

1. look for the ips download on the first page and save it to your background. (Dont Change The Name Yet)

2. (Skip this if you already have a pokemon fire red rom) Go to CoolRom.com and click on rom files. this should bring up a drop down. click on gameboy advance roms. from there look for Pokemon fire red. Download the file and put this on your background too. make a folder with whatever name you want and put both of the new files i just told you to download inside.

3. (For people who skipped step 2: Make sure you have your Pokemon fire red file in a new accessible file with your ips file from step 1) right click your fire red file and click rename. highlight the pokemon fire red file name and press control+c (Copy). then click away from it (leaving the name the same)

4. right click the ips file which should have the name Liquid Crystal.ips or something like that, then click rename. highlight all of the words except the .ips bit then press control+v (paste) it should now say Pokemon Fire Red.ips or something like that. dont change it anymore.

5. now open visual boy advance click file then open. look for your file with the ips and the pokemon fire red game in. now if you double click the pokemon fire red game it should open. however, now the ips and the game are now linked with the same name so instead of bringing up fire red, it should bring up Liquid Crystal. if it didnt work read through this again to see where you went wrong.

Have fun and you're welcome.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
I've been playing and noticed some strange things:
I place all three flutes, and none of the legendary birds are appearing for me in their locations.

I caught Latios in the first event, and when I am supposed to be given the opportunity to catch Latias in Kanto I encounter another Latios.

What gives?

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2012
It's been a long time since I played this, and now that i'm hooked up at it again I must say it has improved a lot. Awesome work LaZ.

Just one stupid small thing... why in the world are the pokemon names and attacks decapitalized? It looks just weird, man... any chance I can change that myself? Not really gamebreaking but that doesn't feel right. I like the default caps lock thing, I think that's the way it should be. It's just my opinion, I don't mean to be a jerk. The hack is still awesome.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2016
I am now in the LEAF BAY CITY in the orange island. But I can't enter GYM in the LEAF BAY CITY. I have finished the GYM in the MEADOW TOWN already.How can I do ? Is the LEAF BAY CITY the end od the game ?Do I update to the newest Beta3.1 able to tackle the problem?

Last edited:

pokemaster4315

Pokemon Master Rygar
Years
I still can't play it...
Attached my Pokemon Liquid Crystal folder.

Please help me...:'(

Did you rename the liquid crystal ips folder to match the fire red's name. you should have to files if you did. these are the two you should have:

Pokemon Fire Red
Pokemon Fire Red.ips (Orignally called something like Liquid Crystal.ips)

Open Visual boy advance and click open rom. then look for your new folder with these two mentioned above inside and open the one that says Pokemon Fire Red, not the .ips one.

did that help?

Years
No, that did not work...
As you can see at the picture, all the filenames are the same.
But I downloaded Visualboyadvance also from this topic, can that be the problem?

pokemaster4315

Pokemon Master Rygar
Years
No, that did not work...
But I downloaded Visualboyadvance also from this topic, can that be the problem?

sorry you've confused me now :(

No, that did not work...

sorry i'm confused. try downloading everything again and following my steps. you must have followed them wrong. :(

Last edited:
Years
I am now in the LEAF BAY CITY in the orange island. But I can't enter GYM in the LEAF BAY CITY. I have finished the GYM in the MEADOW TOWN already.How can I do ? Is the LEAF BAY CITY the end od the game ?Do I update to the newest Beta3.1 able to tackle the problem?
Yup this is the end of the curent beta.. You have to wait until the next one comes.

Years
It already works.
The download for VisualBoyAdvance, on the first page of this topic, does not work with the hack.
I downloaded from an other site the Visual Boy Advance, and hey, it works now!!

Many thanks for the help!

And linkandzelda, success with the coding and other work to make this hack totally rock!

pokemaster4315

Pokemon Master Rygar
Years
It already works.
The download for VisualBoyAdvance, on the first page of this topic, does not work with the hack.
I downloaded from an other site the Visual Boy Advance, and hey, it works now!!

Many thanks for the help!

And linkandzelda, success with the coding and other work to make this hack totally rock!

ah yes, that would be it. i got my visualboyadvance from a different website too. that might be why. we should inform link and zelda, so that he can get a new link for a different one, maybe.

your welcome btw rikdegraaff

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2014
So after finding out that the physical/special split was bugged in the 3.1 beta, I decided to switch over to the Live Beta.

Everything seemed fine when the game loaded up, but I soon found out that I couldn't actually save in-game like I could in the 3.1 beta.

I had to attach the picture in question because I can't link to the URL, but that's what I encountered when I tried to save.

Yes, I know you're supposed to set the save type to Flash 128k, and I did that. Anyone know the reason this is happening?

Back