• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Game Music :)

Stodd

Dragon Tamer
Years
if i feel edgy, dragon's den.
if i'm in a peaceful mood, viridian forest in the g/s/c games. i love that song!!

Bubbles987

Ace Trainer
Years
Ah yes my two favorites are Lavender town and Violet Town. Sweet, Sweet music to my ears.

You LIKE Lavender Town? Oh dear, the ghosts got to you, didn't they? I'm going to turn around and there better not be a white hand on my shoulder!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Good God, pretty much all of the music in those games was good, I consider my childhood to have been spoiled because it was so good, definitely the best in the series (in my opinion, of course). But, I'd probably say that my favorite themes were the RBGY Gym Leader Theme and Red/Lance Battle Theme in GSC. They really drove the emotion and magnitude of the battles, and that made the games more exciting and more enjoyable.

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
Years
lavender town all the way, and Ruins of Alph :badsmile:

You evil, horrid person. :D Nah just kidding.

I loved the Bike theme in gen 1, route 42 theme, route 27 theme, champion theme from red, gym leader theme from red, the eusine theme from crystal, Buena's Password is the most ass-kickenest song on the radio in crystal, lucky number show theme, wild battle theme from gold, suicune theme from crystal, new bark town, slowpoke well, team rocket battle theme and overworld theme, and I kinda like the song that plays in their mahogany base. Pretty sure that's everything, or most of it. Oh, and the rival theme, overworld and battle in gold.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
By far, my absolute favorite is Champion Lance's/Pkmn Trainer Red's Theme.

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
I just love Lavander town theme music. Is one of my favorites songs of all pokemon generations.
Other than that, I don't remember most of G/S/C soundtrack so I can't say much about this.

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
It's way too hard for me to pick one favourite from the two first generations. The best I can do is mention a few of my top favourites which include the credits music from R/B/Y/G/S/C, the Goldenrod City theme and the battling Red/Lance theme. They all hold so much nostalgia for me, I could listen to them for hours.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
The bike theme of R/B/Y. I might some more others, but can't remember them, but the bike theme is the only one that I can remember liking the most.

KitsuneLugia96

Trainer Silver
Years
In my opinion the G/S/C soundtrack was the best. Most of the music was awesome. I love almost every song! And my favorite song of all time is the Ecruteak City/ Cianwood City song. I spent hours in Ecruteak just listening to that song when I was younger. :D

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I don't remember many songs from the first two generation eras of Pokemon games because it was so long ago. My favorite music from both generations is RBYG Surfing theme song, I don't know why I like it.....I just do =/

:t354:TG

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
You've done everything. You're exploring the final place the game has to offer. You climb up, up, further up. Suddenly, you come to a plateau. There stands one person. You approach him and the music cuts out. All is silent. He turns, and as you prepare to battle, this begins to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90ixY6Da0g8

It's not my favorite theme from gen1 or 2, but that moment was just so perfect that that sticks out.

My favorite themes from gen1/2 are, in order:
Route 27 (runner-up for best moment; do you know what you just did?)
Lake of Rage
Vermilion City (Gen2, also a very cool moment stepping off the ship)
Dark Cave
Route 11 (Gen 1)

There were a LOT of good songs in gen2 especially. Some of them were really good remixes of gen1 songs, some were entirely new, but of all the songs in gen 1 and gen 2, these are probably my favorites.

Last edited:
Years
Cannot begin to express my love for the second-gen soundtrack. All in all it was just outstanding.
New Bark Town's theme was so good, I almost didn't want to leave. All the other cities' themes were just.. awesome (Azalea/Blackthorn would be my favourite city theme, followed by Ecruteak/Cianwood). The routes were great.

AND THE BATTLES.
Needless to say, I like the Red/Lance/Silver (finale) theme the most, it remains the most badass battle theme to this day. I also really like the Kanto Gym leader battle theme, but I kinda wish they didn't make it as minor-y, I think keeping it major like the original version would have been even better.

With that said, I think Gen I's music is pretty darn great, but overall the Gym Leader battle is the best, and the rest are.. fine. :)

MattyJ

Serial Procrastinator
Years
I loved Olivine City definitely nothing to do with my crush on Jasmine, then, which, I've only recently discovered, is the same as the tune for Violet City?
I'm pretty certain I loved the Bike theme in GSC, but also love the original RBY Gym theme (the tune that plays inside the gym).
I'm sure more favourites will come to me as I read more of this thread!

EDIT: How could I forget, I loved Buena's Password Theme!!!

Last edited:
Back