• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokémon X & Y Music!

Favorite battle song?

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
So we're just two months away from the release of Pokemon X and Y and I think many of us are eager not just to play the games, but to hear the soundtracks in-game! Well since the Demo event in Japan, more of the games soundtracks have surfaced which include Mega Evolutions, Gym Leader and Rival Battle. I'm sure plenty more will be surfacing in due course but here are some of the ones we have so far.

Spoiler:

Seems like the music theme for this generation is heavily based on Guitars eh! But do you like the soundtracks so far? Discuss!

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
They aren't bad, but they aren't my favorite themes. The instruments are definitely a better quality than the ones used in previous games (but that was expected). These themes sound slightly like Colosseum's and XD's, but not quite as good imo. I'm sure I'll grow to like them, like I do with most songs I listen to.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
The Skiddo riding theme is the greatest of what we've heard so far, just my not-so-humble opinion.

Also, it's not linked here, but the "Gym Leader (rumored)" was confirmed; at World's it was played and announced as the Gym Leader battle music.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
None of them in the OP seem official now cause some person at the Pokemon Game Show brought an audio recording device with them and recorded the battle and other music played during the demo. These are probably official.

Spoiler:

It's also being said that older Pokemon are getting updated cries too. You can hear Crobat's and Mewtwo's in the Trainer Battle one (or first one) and Pikachu's cry being replace by it's anime voice in the Wild Battle one (or third one). Though it's said that Pikachu having it's anime was just used for promotional reasons at the Game Show so it could just be a remastered version in the actual game like Crobat's and Mewtwos are.

I'm glad they're updating the cries (And may be the only one). Yeah I'll miss hearing the old ones, but it's overdue. It never made since to me why they still had old 8-bit cries in the newer games when they had technology to revamp and remaster them. I can appreciate them taking advantage of the technology available on the 3DS. Hopefully they make different cries for some of the Pokemon that had similar cries cause it would give each Pokemon a different personality and not all sound the same.

Now on the actual music, I really like it. Skiddo riding one is my favorite so farcause of how fun and dancey it is. The rival themes are cool too and so is the Wild Battle Theme. The Congratulations on Evolving Theme and Trainer Victory theme are similar to past ones, but that was expected cause it's always been similar. I hope the Gym Leaders get their own music again like in Black 2 and White 2 cause that made the Gym Leaders have much more personality.

Last edited:

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
None of them in the OP seem official now cause some person at the Pokemon Game Show brought an audio recording device with them and recorded the battle and other music played during the demo. These are probably official.

It's also being said that older Pokemon are getting updated cries too. You can hear Crobat's and Mewtwo's in the Trainer Battle one (or first one) and Pikachu's cry being replace by it's anime voice in the Wild Battle one (or third one). Though it's said that Pikachu having it's anime was just used for promotional reasons at the Game Show so it could just be a remastered version in the actual game like Crobat's and Mewtwos are.

I'm glad they're updating the cries (And may be the only one). Yeah I'll miss hearing the old ones, but it's overdue. It never made since to me why they still had old 8-bit cries in the newer games when they had technology to revamp and remaster them. I can appreciate them taking advantage of the technology available on the 3DS. Hopefully they make different cries for some of the Pokemon that had similar cries cause it would give each Pokemon a different personality and not all sound the same.

Now on the actual music, I really like it. Skiddo riding one is my favorite so farcause of how fun and dancey it is. The rival themes are cool too and so is the Wild Battle Theme. The Congratulations on Evolving Theme and Trainer Victory theme are similar to past ones, but that was expected cause it's always been similar. I hope the Gym Leaders get their own music again like in Black 2 and White 2 cause that made the Gym Leaders have much more personality.
The field theme will drive me crazy, but the rest are pretty badass.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Nice to see the Victory over trainer theme hasn't changed, I've always liked that tune. As for the rest, I find them much more better than Gen V (not saying it's bad), they sound really catchy! I'm looking forward to the soundtrack that's being released too.

Years
So far none of the music really stand out and give me the feeling of wanting more, but I'm probably being harsh because it's only 5 of all the themes so far. I hope the rest of the music, or at least some of them, are a bit better.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years

Those themes are better than the ones in the OP, to be honest. I'm really hoping that those are the official themes. The themes in the OP sound like beta versions of the themes you posted.

I'm pretty sure those cries were just used for promotional purposes, because I remember reading on Serebii that all Pokémon' cries will retain their original quality. When I heard Pikachu say its name I was thinking, "What is this I don't even..."

Last edited:

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years

Spoiler:

I hope these are the official tracks. Would be so awesome!

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm pretty sure those cries were just used for promotional purposes, because I remember reading on Serebii that all Pokémon' cries will retain their original quality. When I heard Pikachu say its name I was thinking, "What is this I don't even..."

I don't know I thought I heard at least from Bulba that only Pikachu's cry was for promotional used but they were remastering all the cries. Them remastering all the cries would make since to me cause why would they just do it for a demo but not for the real games? Pikachu's voice being used in demos I get but only having remastered cries in the demo doesn't really. I don't I could be wrong. I'll just wait till the games are out before judging.

Years
I like most the music so far except for the mega evo music, which seem to try too hard to create a tense atmosphire or something like this.

The skiddo riding music making me feel like I'm in the circus, I like it XD

Years
I love it! The mega evolutions song really surprised me though, I would have NEVER expected something like that! I think they will all really grow on me though, just like all the others have:3

Years
Hmm. I dunno how I feel about these yet (assuming they're accurate). Seems a bit like they're taking snippets of melodies from older battle tracks and changing them, but not necessarily well. They also generally follow the same pattern as older tracks (in terms of phrases and stuff); feels kinda predictable or something. Not to overanalyse them, hahaha.

On the other hand, I actually reeeeeeeeeeeally hope that Mega Evolution battles will have a theme (and that it's the one in the first post). It's so hectic and rapid and SCREAMING-GUITARRY, really works for me! :D

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
Assuming that these are all official, some of it I'm really feeling (I love the regular trainer battle and wild pokemon battle music) and others I'm not sold on yet.

But the music has always been my favorite thing about the games, usually from the feel it gives to the games. I was iffy about a lot of music from Gens IV and V as well but it's all grown on me very much so I'm sure this music will as well.

I do love the use of guitar in these themes.

Years
Appoligies if this has already been said, but I believe that the soundtracks will be available on Itunes which could be very interesting to see how the sales go for it. Because I am guessing that it will be a mediocre thing that will do ok but in the long run not have been as successful as Nintendo were hoping.

blue

gucci
Years
Appoligies if this has already been said, but I believe that the soundtracks will be available on Itunes which could be very interesting to see how the sales go for it. Because I am guessing that it will be a mediocre thing that will do ok but in the long run not have been as successful as Nintendo were hoping.

Yeah, there's going to be 202 tracks iirc which should be nice.

Back