• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hey I am back. No new shiny, but I meant to list the ability and stats the Druddigon had.

Spoiler:

I honestly hated Druddigon in 5th Gen games, but in 3D it looks so so much better. I hope the rumor about Druddigonite will be real and will be found soon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
Wow something amazing just happened! I got two shinies in less than a half hour from each other. I got female Combee, I was using cute charm ability to raise my chances of getting a female, it was only after 1601 encounters on my White 2. Shortly after I got a shiny Murkrow in a horde encounter on X, smack dab in the middle of the horde. Pics to come later.

Combee

Spoiler:

Murkrow

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Just found a shiny Skarmory in Y, Was catching random pokemon for Dex when I got it :D

Lol this is what I am hoping is going to happen to me. I am trying to catch every available pokemon you can catch in game. But I am hoping it will end up being a Pokemon that has a Mega or a new pokemon. Out of the first 11 routes and all the caves with them, I think I have missed about 5 to 8 pokemon. Some of the hordes are really hard to get. I went through more than 15 hordes on Route 11 and still didn't get a Starly Horde. I finally just gave up. So I am really hopping for one more shiny I wasn't planning to get.

Years
Thanks for welcoming me, haven't been on in a while.

Currently SRing for a Charmander in Fire Red :D I might try to find a shiny in X too

Years
  • Age 35
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
Shiny Trevenant, not very good quality pic.
Spoiler:

I decided to start hunting for this yesterday after seeing it on a youtube video and it shined earlier today, completely caught me by surprise. My only current hunts are Riolu with repel trick on my Black version, I have about 9300 REs and nothing has shown up yet. Also dual SRing on FR/LG for Charmander but I've been taking a break from this hunt for a little while.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hey guys got a new SHINY!! Was trying to catch a Huntail or Clampearl on I think Route 12 for the Dex and Shiny Corsola showed up. It looks pretty nice. Will have a picture or two up in a few.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
100 % truth! I caught a shiny rattata at tangelo island at orange archipelago in pokemon ash gray.
I hope i also will be a member.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
So I heard rumors of something called Fish-Chaining in X/Y. Basically you keep fishing and when you get a higher chain the chance of finding a shiny increases like the PokeRadar.

Running, pressing A too early/late, and saving break a chain.

Well, I got an Octillery and at a chain of 28...

Spoiler:

Oh, look what showed up at a chain of 61..

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
My brother just caught a Shiny Tentacool. ;~;

He has a history of doing this:

In Emerald, he encountered one but he had no Pokeballs.

In HeartGold he found one but his DS ran out of charge.

And know in Y he's finally caught a Shiny one!

My brother just caught a Shiny Tentacool. ;~;

He has a history of doing this:

In Emerald, he encountered one but he had no Pokeballs.

In HeartGold he found one but his DS ran out of charge.

And know in Y he's finally caught a Shiny one!

Last edited:
Years
hey guys .. just a quick update on whats going on in my pokemon world .
well ive been play X for the last week or so just beat the elite 4 and got the pokeradar so the hunt begins ..
not had no joy so far but did have some luck bk on my Diamond ..

after a matter of mins chaining for a spoink didnt even make it past 5 this showed its facee
View attachment 69967

also heres a pic of my voltorb i posted couple of weeks ago
View attachment 69966

hope pics are right way round .. doing this off my phone lol ..

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
i dont remember if i made mention that i was on Route 4 hunting for my next partner, but i was. and this morning, my new partner showed up:

Spoiler:

now im gonna continue on, im not real sure whats the next place i'll hunt. when i find it (which might be route 5 when Hoardes start happening) i'll know

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
I still haven't been able to touch Pokémon X/Y, so I apologise in advance for not addressing anyone in particular with the paragraph that follows this one; I'm trying to avoid spoilers to the max. In fact, I'll probably only be able to read the replies to this once I get a fair bit into it, but it felt wrong to hold off good news!

With no further ado:
Congratulations to the ones who have obtained Shinies since the last time I checked the thread! Old and new generations, less and more time-consuming methods - the glitter keeps being pumped out and a lot of you have your perseverance (and multiple consoles - got to love backups/doubles and friends/family's devices) to thank. Good job!

I've been taking the last day or two off from my never-ending spree of hatching a non-Masuda, high-IV Shiny Nincada on my SS and a Masuda, hopefully high-IV Shiny Roggenrola on my Black by, well, hatching more eggs with the sole intent of building a Double Battle team for the HGSS Battle Frontier. I got lucky and acquired the desired Cubone with just over a day of effort. After getting it to become a Lvl 50 Marowak, I moved onto my Ralts breeding, starting with passing down an Egg Move (Shadow Sneak) from my (coincidentally) Japanese Duskull to English Ralts hatchlings.

I think you know where I'm going with this. On the fifth egg, my absentminded self did not at all expect what was showing on the screen.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Here's the Pokécheck link to Vandria, my Shiny Ralts Gardevoir.

With all that said, good luck on your hunts, fellows! I will be seeing you whenever I enter the magical world of 3D Pokémon.

Until then,
Shine on!

EDIT: Oh wow, Pokécheck actually assumed the Ralts as RNG abused because it hatched so quickly! (Clarification: I had finished levelling my Marowak through the E4, so the game having recently soft resetted sent it into a brand new seed)

Last edited:

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
I come bearing News! Part 2...

SHINY SEADRA fishing near Cyllage City.

Male (level 35)

Nature - Timid
Ability - Pioson Point
Characteristic - Quick tempered

HP 87
ATK 54
DEF 78
SpATK 81
SpDEF 40
Speed 75

2 shinies in 3 days... I don't know what is going on.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I think they made the rates of shinies higher. There is also something about fish chaining by staying in one spot and continue fishing and keep on getting bites.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
The normal chances are most likely the same. Every generation people think it's raised because so many people are finding shinies. But what people forget is that when a game is released there are tons more people playing, that means more shinies.

But fishing shinies will be worthless in trading. It's way too easy to get fishing shinies.

The friend safari has something going on too. Maybe when two friends are in each others' Safari the chances of finding Mr.Sparkles increases. I don't know. Tons of people finding shinies in there.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
The normal chances are most likely the same. Every generation people think it's raised because so many people are finding shinies. But what people forget is that when a game is released there are tons more people playing, that means more shinies.

But fishing shinies will be worthless in trading. It's way too easy to get fishing shinies.

The friend safari has something going on too. Maybe when two friends are in each others' Safari the chances of finding Mr.Sparkles increases. I don't know. Tons of people finding shinies in there.

This is true in most cases, but I have never really been that lucky. To get 2 shinies within a week on one another, but again, it could be just because I am trying to catch everyone pokemon for the Dex.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to all new members and congrats on all the new shinies! It's great to see so much new activity with the release of a new generation of Pokémon games.

I just recently got my first badge on X. I'm still taking my time.

This week's random hunt is... Swinub! Sorry for the delay.

I don't like the idea of having legendaries locked from being shinies.

Back