• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I shall get through SoulSilver at last. So why not make it with a challenge to motivate me some more?

Username: Adventure
Type: FLYING
Challenge: Single
Game: SoulSilver

Wish me luck :3

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
Leaf Green Fighting SMC Update #2
Spoiler:

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Been awhile hasnt it :3
i'm not dead i'm still doing Bugs and 4th gen is nearing completion
but i have one thing to say
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

Years
#5 Update for Monopsychic - Platinum

Back in business, finally I completed my Mono-Psychic for Platinum

YMxlY.jpg
OBwPI.jpg

Final Team:
065.gif
LV64
Serious | Male | Inner Focus | TwistedSpoon
Shadow Ball
Charge Beam
Psychic
Calm Mind
437.gif
LV64
Adamant | ////| Levitate | Quick Claws
Zen Headbutt
Hypnosis
Earthquake
Payback

475.gif
LV65(MVP)
Naughty | Male | Steadfast | Big Root
Psycho Cut
Leaf Blade
Night Slash
Drain Punch

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
My first update. Reminder: I am playing Pokemon Emerald and my challenge is single water type.

Activity Log:
Spoiler:

Screenshots
:
PokemonEmerald_05_zps0f3f3c7d.png
Spoiler:

I will post new updates after each gym battle.
PokemonEmerald_05_zps0f3f3c7d.png.html

AngelicPikachu

"We're Ready"
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2016
Username: AngelicPikachu
Type: Poison
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate) Single
Game(s): Pokemon Red 151

Small Update...Got a bit started; man this game is gonna be hard I like ^^

1-Picked Bulbasaur...lost to Gary who had an Eevee cheap lol
2-Delievered Oak Parcel, got Town Map
3-Picked up 3 poke'balls all I could afford
4-Captured Ekans, Nidoran(F),Grimer *didn't think I'd see other poison types other then Weedle in Viridian Forest
5-Wondered into Viridian Forest
6-Grinded Team up to level 12, and got Pewter City
7-Attemped to take on Brock only to find out I need level up more, he's level 17ish

Last edited:

Helio

Lost at Sea with an Hourglass
Years
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I finished SS!
Dark Monotype
III: Completed
II:Completed

Team:
Spoiler:

So yeah, I beat Red, and now I'm done. Off to Sinnoh!

Also, I'm gonna start a new monotype to go along with this one!

Username: Helio
Type: Normal
Challenge: Ultimate
Games: LG, HG, E, Pt, B

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
Sorry it took a while, but my exams were on. Here's my second update
Progress table:
Spoiler:

Current Party:
Spoiler:

Talon

Years
LG Fighting Update #3
Spoiler:

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Platinum Done
Spoiler:

MVP
Scizor Definatley i mean Bug/Steel is a godsend and its incredible attack stat i just wish it got SD a bit earlier (like in gen 1 + 2)

LVP
Origonally this was yanmega as it was a pain to raise and it took forever to learn any good moves but once it learnt good moves it held its own and i doubt i wouldve beaten the E4 without it so instead my LVP is
Kricketune, OK early game but nothing spectacular then lategame it just sorta became a burden, pain to raise and really only served as fodder to revive scizor/yanmega in most of the E4 battles in fact if it wasnt mandatory (first bug type in platinum) i wouldve forgone it in favour of mothim or heracross in a heartbeat

TEAM
Spoiler:

platinum done, on to Black 2 (hopefully not as painful)

Last edited:
Years
Username: AoTora
Type: Fire
Challenge: Single
Game(s): LeafGreen

Can I hack in Growlithe? Because it's available only in FireRed and I'd love to use Arcanine.

Talon

Years
LG Fighting SMC Update #4 ( I think? I've lost track.)
Spoiler:

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Black 2 Bugmono Update 1

Spoiler:

CURRENT TEAM
Spoiler:

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Just a question: are there any Dark-type pokemon available in Gold before reaching Kanto? I'm unable to find any information on it but it seems like the first half of the game with Dark-type only is not possible in Gen II unless I specifically hack/trade in Pokemon?

I've read the rules, just wasn't clear on this point. I'd really like to avoid using any outside influences (ie. get Pokemon legitimately) so I'd love some clarification on this before I begin. Thanks!!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Just a question: are there any Dark-type pokemon available in Gold before reaching Kanto? I'm unable to find any information on it but it seems like the first half of the game with Dark-type only is not possible in Gen II unless I specifically hack/trade in Pokemon?

I've read the rules, just wasn't clear on this point. I'd really like to avoid using any outside influences (ie. get Pokemon legitimately) so I'd love some clarification on this before I begin. Thanks!!

I know there's umbreon...

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
I know there's umbreon...

Oh you're right, I forgot about Umbreon, thanks!

It's just too bad you need at least two Pokemon on the team...I guess I might have to trade in a Houndour or something after all.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years

It's just too bad you need at least two Pokemon on the team...I guess I might have to trade in a Houndour or something after all.
If you play Crystal, Sneasel is available in the Ice Path, and if you play HG/SS, you can get a Murkow in the Safari Zon, those are the only other ones available before Kanto. But you can trade/hack in a Houndour in the beginning anyway.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Okay, I lost my bag of games on my return trip from my family's house today. I had made 2 badges progress in my normal mono, and 3 badges progress in my fairy mono, but now none of that really matters, huh?

So, I'll get the thread updated tomorrow. I may have to restart a lot of challenges though unfortunately. Anyway, I hope you all are having better luck than me.

The game ends at Red in Johto games, so you will have a chance to catch a second dark type. But you can't get the Eevee before the 3rd gym, so you are allowed to trade one in.

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Hello trying this now:

Username- KillerCroCohen
Game- Sacred gold (a variation of HeartGold with slight changes in difficulity, story and pokemon encounters, i would recommend to Normal-typers because you can find Rattata,Bidoof,Sentret and Zigzagoon in route 29 there)
Chosen type- Fire

Update 1:

-Finished the introduction
-Got my very own Cyndaquil, named...*DRUM ROLLS...*....Adar. It's a variant of the word "fire" in Hebrew.
-Got an Eevee from Cynthia at mr.Pokemon's house (yay) named Pyrrhos, it means "flame-like".
-OHKO rival's Totodile with a tackle (best eevee ever).
-Got a Charmander named Charcoal from the quiz guy at the pokecentre.
-Went to sprout tower.
-Adar evolved into a Quilava while we were at the top of sprout tower.
-The elder gave me a fire stone (by request) which i then used to evolve Pyrrhos into Flareon.
-Went into Violet gym.
-Charcoal evolved to Charmeleon inside violet city gym.
-Challanged Falkner successfuly (he has 6 pokemon!!!) and got my 1st badge.
-Got (after a long long way) to Azaela town and got a Torchic from the quiz guy at the pokecentre, named BlazieChan.
-BlazieChan evolved into a combuskin at slowpoke well.
-Battled and defeated Rocket exectutive Proton (easily!) and Togepi hatched the second i got into Azaela gym.
-Boxed Togepi 'cause he isnt a fire-type.
-After the 3rd try, defeated Bugsy (how can he be so strong when i have 4 fire-types!?)
-Arrived in Goldenrod and got a Chimchar from the quiz guy, named "Zuko".

That is it for today, see ya next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back