• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you feel when people copy your posts?

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
As in, word-for-word copy-and-paste? Never had it happen on a forum, but some people tried to take credit for one of my posts that got really popular on Tumblr and it bothered the crap out of me because I wanted to bask in the glory of my success.

Archenoth

(cozy)
Years
As in, word-for-word copy-and-paste? Never had it happen on a forum, but some people tried to take credit for one of my posts that got really popular on Tumblr and it bothered the crap out of me because I wanted to bask in the glory of my success.

Spoiler:

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I have only had in done once on my friend's forum. It is okay to me if you copy and paste my posts. if you give me credit that is a bonus to me.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
I have never had it happen. It certainly wouldn't bother me, as someone who would do such a thing is beneath me. I don't really understand why people would try something like that... or at least, how they think they could get away with it. If they could copy it, that means it came from somewhere else and has a designated time that'd be before the copy. If anyone was really vested in in proving their falsehood.. it wouldn't take much effort.

Years
Having someone copy my post word for word might be a little annoying, especially if they pass it off as their own original thoughts, but I don't think I'd make a big deal about it. Sure, if I don't get credited or anything (especially if a lot of time and effort went into it) it could get under my skin, but as long as there isn't some reward or something, I'll probably forget about it a few minutes later.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I think that's never happened before but I might have a problem with someone stealing what I wrote and using it for themselves. I think it would be kinda rude. People should post their own opinions, not copy others. If they agree with my opinion, they can give me a post comment or use the like button, they exist for a reason.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I've seen it done lots of time, mostly when I was on staff. Some of the new members back then copying some of the welcomes I've done, as well as other members had done, just so they could boost up their 15 post count. Had to crack down on that.

But today, not so much. But if they did I'd beat him kindly tell them to stop.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Wouldn't people posting in this thread who have been quoted elsewhere before have had their posts "copied", technically? :P

I've seen it done lots of time, mostly when I was on staff. Some of the new members back then copying some of the welcomes I've done, as well as other members had done, just so they could boost up their 15 post count. Had to crack down on that.

But today, not so much. But if they did I'd beat him kindly tell them to stop.

ooh lookie, I totally just copied Meganium90's post!

Sheesh, is/was it really that hard to post 15 measly thought-out posts..? :/ It's not that hard to welcome people; why would you have to resort to copy-and-paste the welcomes of others?

Anyway, I would have a problem with this issue if someone were to knowingly pass off one of my posts as his/her own work, especially if it was for a forum contest or something... Also, a lot of my posts, due to often being walls of text, tend to have a lot of time/effort invested in them, so someone copying them without regard to the origin would probably irritate me more.. Posts that are copied intentionally with credit actually being given to the original poster can be nice, though.

On the off chance that someone is copying my posts to use as some type of quick reference later (i.e., they want to look up a quote I wrote from a TV show or something, or they want to watch a video I linked to at a later time), I don't really have a problem with that practice.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I've never seen anyone copy my post, and I probably wouldn't really care all that much if I did.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I don't think that's ever happened to me , but if it did , I'd be pretty annoyed. You should be able to share your own thoughts or opinion on something and not just copy others. You can have a similar opinion or agree with a person's opinion, but don't just copy what they said word from word. If you quote it and give me credit for saying it, then I'd be fine with it.

Back