• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Indigo Trainers Association (OOC/SU)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
This is the OOC thread for The Indigo Trainers Association. All requests, SU's and OOC chat will go here. Main thread here.

Open spots:​

None.​

Rules:

1. I am the GM and what I say goes.
2. This is a T rated RP. Keep it that way
3. When you want to catch a Pokemon, ask in the OOC thread.
4. No god-modding or bunnying
5. Be reasonable when encountering wild Pokemon. a level 100 Charizard will not be a route 1.
6. Be active.
7. When challenging Gym Leaders, PM me and I will send you the team the Gym leader uses and let you do he battle. You will not always beat the leader.
8. Consult with me before finding rare items.
9. I will control when Legendaries will appear
10. Post good posts. I'm lenient when it comes to length, but no one or two liners.
11. When a RPer is promoted up a rank, their spot becomes open.
12. I will decide when you Pokemon level up and learn new moves.

SU Form:​

Name: (Obvious)
Gender (M or F)
Starting town: (Cherrygrove or Pallet)
Appearance: (Picture preferred)
Personality: (A paragraph about yourself)
History: (what happened before you were admitted into the organization)
Starter Pokemon: (One that has not been taken)

Current RPers:​

Sherry De La Cruz (DarkAngel91)

Spoiler:

Logan Davies (Elite Killer)

Spoiler:

Dylan Nampt (Kitred123)

Spoiler:

Tyson McLennan (Yagerbomb)

Spoiler:

Seth Windrunner (Scarf Blade)

Spoiler:

Rebecca Tyrer (SelenaStar)

Spoiler:

Gym Locations:

Johto:​

1.Violet City-Falkner-Flying Type

2.Goldenrod City-Baron-Steel Type

3.Azalea Town-Bugsy-Bug Type

4.Ecruteak City-Owen-Dark Type

5.Olivine City-Antonio-Water Type

6.Cianwood City-Chuck-Fighting Type

7.Lake of Rage-Florence-Grass Type

8.Blackthorn City-Clair-Dragon Type

Kanto:​

1.Pewter City-Brock-Rock Type

2.Viridian City- Jarret-Normal Type

3.Cerulean City-Misty-Water Type

4.Saffron City-Lt.Surge-Electric Type

5.Celadon City-Erika-Grass Type

6.Fuschia City-Janine-Poison Type

7.Lavender Town-Lucian-Ghost Type

8.Vermillion City-Theoren-Various Types

Last edited:

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Hi!

I just wanted to see whether it'd be possible to catch a lvl 4/5 Pikachu in Viridian Forest within the next few posts?

Also is there a guideline for how many wild/trained pokemon we need to defeat to gain a level?

Thanks!
-S

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
I suppose I should ask some things that are on my mind, too

1) Can Eevee be obtained from that guy in Celedon? I figured I'd ask that so if it's possible there can be some kind of plot idea to make it so anyone who'd like one can, or if it isn't you can make it clear before you have to deal with someone going "whoot-automatic-free-Eevee-lulz" when you didn't want it to happen. (Umbreon ftw XD)

2) By extension, what give-away pokemon are allowed? (Eevee, Simi- pokemon, Magikarp, Togepi egg, etc; I figured Shuckle was out regardless)

3) Are we only able to encounter Johto/Kanto Pokemon? If not, is it possible to encounter Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova pokemon within reason?

4) If yes to the second half of my third question, is it possible to encounter Joltik in Viridian Forest? It'd be cool to have one ;x

5) If yes to the second half of my third question, when could my character find the Protector item?

6) Is Mankey available in Viridian Forest, or on the way to the Victory Road's gate entrance?

7) A part of my character's history is that his first-ever Pokemon was taken by Team Galactic (and since no complaints were made about that, I figure that it's ok). Would it be alright if, some time later into the RP, my character enters a Galactic facility and reunites with it? I don't really care if it's found either as a Squirtle still or it gets to be a Wartortle; it's not going to evolve beyond Wartortle out of personal preference.

And sorry if I asked too many questions; I wanted to get those all clear... though chances are that I'll have more. I can have a lot of questions at times. XD

And woot to Lavender Town gym!! I love Lavender Town! XD

Years
  • Age 27
  • iowa
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
I was also wondering about other region's pokemon and whether they're available or not.

Also, when I eventually reach Sprout Tower, could I catch a Ghastly?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2011
I was also wondering about other region's pokemon and whether they're available or not.

Also, when I eventually reach Sprout Tower, could I catch a Ghastly?

Yes I had the same question. I need a ghastly for it's mean look.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
@SelenaStar: You can catch the Pikachu in Viridian Forest. Granted

@Scarf Blade:

1) Things like give-away Pokemon and Rare Items are usually rewards for ranking up, although there may be quests to obtain them otherwise.

2) You will mostly see and catch Johto/Kanto Pokemon. But, exemptions can be made. Example, you can also catch Starlys in a area where you can find Pidgeys. Make sense?

3) WTFF is a Joltik? Explain that to me first.

4) Mankey is on Route 22. Granted

5) Sure you can eventually meet up with your original starter.

@Kitred123: Gastly Granted at Sprout Tower.

@Fire-run: Last time I checked, you are not in this RP.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Joltik

Joltik.png

This is a Joltik (Bug/Electric)
In the Unova Region, it was found in Chargestone Cave, but that was because the whole cave was electrified. I would say that the Power Plant might be a good choice for it, but given that it's supposed to be a spider and Pikachu are also in the forest it could slide there, too

if not that's ok XD

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
Years
If it's ok, can I please catch a Sentret in Sprout Tower? I've actually caught one there, so they do appear there. Maybe lv. 5 or 6? I love Furrets so much. :)

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Echo!! ... Echo! ... echo...

Ok, got it out of my system! Just wanted to keep this OOC alive while finding out how everyone's doing while I wait for Bomb to post so I can XD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Ok, everybody, Yagerbomb has left the RP, which opens a spot. I will pick the new starter soon, just thought I would let you know. I am still having troubles catching up on this RP, if someone could help me out with that, much thanks would be appreciated.

SelenaStar

Years
Hihi!

Could I catch a Magikarp in Viridian? And, by extension, anyway I could have a Magikarp with Tackle aswell as Splash?

And then would I be able to either catch a Geodude in Mt Moon or be given one in Pewter City by Rebecca's parents?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Sure, you can. No problem. Guys, let me know when you want to challenge a Gym Leader, that means any one of ya.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Umm.. once again, you are going to have to enlighten me on that kind of Pokemon.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
640px-Frillish.png

Also from Unova, Frillish is a Water-/Ghost-type Pokemon. Its appearance depends on its gender (they're supposed to look like literal royal jellyfish). Frillish evolves into Jellicent.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Ok, accepted. Thanks for filling me in. But I warn everyone now. I do not know S*** about Unova, if you did not know that by know.

SelenaStar

Years
Hey! I'm going to have my character challenge Brock in Pewter after some training, could I have the team please? And are you going to control Brock during the battle?

Years
  • Age 27
  • iowa
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
Hey, Is it possible that I can catch a Budew on the next Route I go to? In between Azalea and Violet.

SelenaStar

Years
Hi Kitred, yep that's fine :)
I'm going to make some changes to the organisation of this rp...nothing major, but seeing as I'm GM now I think there are easier ways that this can be organised...more details to follow..:)

Okay! Here are the new rules and guidelines! I'm going to hide Kanto and Johto under spoilers so everyone can look at only that which affects them, but general rules and guidelines wll be for consumption by us all. The biggest change is that you won't need to ask me about catching pokemon/facing gym leaders/key items. These will all be laid out in the below guidelines, kind of like in the games. If there is anything special you want to happen in the RP, though, or something I've missed that you'd like to see just post a request in the OOC as usual and I'll sort it. This is just a hell of a lot easier to stop you guys from requesting, and having to wait for me to get round to responding as I'm fairly busy at the moment with Uni just starting up again and work and dance so I mainly check/reply on my phone on the Tube, which is not conducive to making huge detailed posts.

If you want to catch a wild Pokemon - go for it. I trust you all enough to make the choices for yourself over what is reasonable and what isn't. So for example, I know that you guys won't battle a level 70 Articuno in Route 5 with a level 4 Rattata and catch it with your first PokeBall. I think we're all more sensical than that, so within reason you can decide which Pokemon appear where and when:

• All Pokemon captures in the wild must be preceeded by a battle. I don't think it's realistic to have 5 pokemon 'choose' to follow you on first meeting. So make it a decent battle, show that you've put some thought into it, and that's cool.
  • If you want any gift/trade Pokemon (so anything like Shuckle in Johto and Eevee in Kanto) or if you want an Egg or a Fossil, these are special request Pokemon. Please post a request in the OOC and in your IC post, if accepted by me, please give a decent amount of backstory to how you got the gift/fossil. I don't believe someone would walk up to you in the middle of a Pokemon Centre and give you a Helix Fossil, so make it believable or you will need to edit it.
  • All wild pokemon will be captured at level 5, same as any starter pokemon. As you progress through the roleplay, the levels of wild Pokemon will be boosted and I will provide details of this by monitoring RP progression for both Kanto and Johto players. I will inform in the OOC thread when a. evolved forms of Pokemon can be captured in the wild and b. when a level boost comes into play.
  • Which leads nicely to the last bit of guideline - 2nd and 3rd stage Pokemon can be encountered in the wild to battle, but not to capture. So let's say you come across a Furret somewhere, as it is a stronger Pokemon than your Rattata it wouldn't be realistic to capture it. But you can battle it and win/lose (details of experience gains will be given later) - I will, as above, inform you when these Pokemon can be captured.
I also don't think it's realistic for me to go through with a fine tooth comb all posts related to battles/training/anything like that. So this is another thing that will be self-allocated, according to the following levelling structure that I have actually pinched from the Trainer Academy RP that I am in, because it has proved very effective there, with a few minor changes:

Pokemon up to level 30:

• Wild Pokemon defeat - 1 level gain. Loss - 0 level gain.
  • Trainer defeat - 2 level gain. Loss - 1 level gain.
  • Gym leader defeat - 3 level gain. Loss - 2 level gain.
Pokemon up to level 45:

• Wild Pokemon defeat - 0.5 level gain. Loss - 0 level gain.
  • Trainer defeat - 1 level gain. Loss - 0.5 level gain.
  • Gym leader defeat - 2 level gain. Loss - 1 level gain.
Pokemon up to level 60:

• Wild Pokemon - 5 per level. No gains for loss.
  • Trainer - 3 trained pokemon per level per win. 5 per loss.
Pokemon 60+:

• Wild Pokemon - 7 per level. No gains for loss.
  • Trainer - 6 per level. 7 per loss.
All Elite Four battles will, regardless of Pokemon level, give the following experience:

• Win - 3 levels.
  • Loss - 1 level.
Champion battle will give:

• Win - 5 levels.
  • Loss - 2 levels.
Any questions on this, it does work out pretty easy to follow, just ask and I'll try another way of explaining it.

I would also like to request that players update their Pokemon team in the OOC thread after every capture/Pokemon evolution. Please include Pokemon Levels and Movesets in these updates. Each Pokemon can learn 6 moves, but keep these in line with the levelling up move learning. If you can illustrate how you can afford a TM, 2 TM moves per Pokemon are allowed. HM moves are also allowed, unlimited.

In terms of HM moves, your Pokemon doesn't need to know Fly to fly to a different town outside of battle, and same with all the other HMs. I've always found that slightly ridiculous about the games but see how it is necessary. If your Pokemon does, however, want to use the move in battle then they will need to have the HM move taught. These HMs will be given out after a gym battle, so you don't need to go looking in random places to find them:

Johto
Spoiler:

Kanto
Spoiler:

Hope that all makes sense so far...that's all I can think of for the time being, the rest we can work out on a take-it-as-it-comes kind of basis.

Okay guys, thanks for your patience with me!

Last edited:
Back