• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bonds and Journeys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
Years
Kat furrowed her brows as the brunette looped an arm around her neck. The Pokemon on her shoulder leapt up to her head to avoid the girl's welcoming action.

"Yeah Professor Willow, does she have to travel with us?" the boy with the Pineco asked. Kat's deep blue eyes darted over to the boy, who, if memory served, had been introduced as 'Wayne'.

"Excuse me, how old are you? Eight?" She retorted. Feeling more than a bit uncomfortable, she ducked under the brunette's arm, freeing herself from the other's grasp. Once her shoulder had been freed up, the feline crawled back down to his familiar perch.

"May I interrupt for a few moments?" Professor Willow announced. "To answer that elusive question about whether or not you are to travel together... The answer is, maybe. It depends. If you want to take a shot at winning the newly refurbished Indigo League, I would advise you to answer yes. However, another option is to find your way on your own all the way to Hoenn, where you can take a shot at the more ruthless Pokemon League for individuals. Quite a challenge if you're up to it, but I won't be able to help you get there. If you decide on that though, I'd say you may answer no."

Kat crossed her arms and let out an irritated sigh. "Fine...I give up. I'll let you guys come with me...but only to help me get further. And after you get me past the Indigo League..." She paused for a moment to scratch under Meowth's chin. "...then Meowth and I can head off to the Hoenn League. Sound good?"

At this point, she let down her blonde locks and slid her hair tie down around her thin wrist. "I suppose I should introduce myself, for those who actually care about formalities." She recrossed her arms and shifted her weight to one hip, a posture screaming teenage defiance. "I'm Kat...the gorgeous Goldenrod model," she added.
--------------------------
OOC: It's a bit short, but I'm out of time for now.

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
Route 2

The party of young Pokèmon trainers progressed along Route 2, just north of Viridian City. As the gang of youths left the run down semi-rural city they were happy to find that they were now in a beautiful countryside. The vibrant Green grass on either side of the path was beautifully mowed and the smell of freshly cut grass was hanging in the air like an invisible and beautifully scented smokescreen.

The only thing that made the pleasant experience less enjoyable for Wayne was the stabs that Kat kept ushering at him. As much as he tried to suppress the anger she was causing. Although he seemed un-phased by the insults it did make Wayne more self conscious of his immaturity.

There was a light sound of bird chirps from a flock of Tailow above. No one was making conversation so no one knew anything about each other, besides general personality. The gang was directly in front of the building that led into the vast Viridian Forest.

Within seconds the trainers were surrounded by colossal trees overshadowing the forest floor. The canopies of the trees had many bug Pokèmon inhabiting them. A few Beautifly and Butterfree were performing a courtship dance overhead.

"I'm going hunting for a Pokèmon, I'll meet back with you later," Wayne informed them. A couple of people gave an acknowledgeable nod and Wayne started to walk east. As he was walking he was confronted by many obstacles such as fallen trees and mud puddles.

On his path he came across a wild Pokèmon. The Pokèmon was a small and Green spider like Pokèmon with only six legs, which were Yellow and Black. It had a face on its back; its head featured a horn, two eyes and two Red tusk like bones growing out from its face.

"Perfect!" Wayne yelled. Trying carefully not to startle the Pokèmon; he slowly reached for his POKèVICE. He opened it up and pointed it at the Pokèmon; an image of the Pokèmon appeared on the POKèVICE screen. The cool female voice started talking.

"Spinarak; the long leg Pokèmon. The web spun by Spinarak can be considered its second nervous system. It is said that this Pokémon can determine what kind of prey is touching its web just by the tiny vibrations it feels through the web's strands," she said.

"Ok, Pineco, come on out let's go!" Wayne yelled as he threw the Pokè-ball at the floor. In a flash of bright white light Pineco appeared. It immediately turned around and gave Wayne a hug.

"No Pineco; it's a battle!" Wayne laughed as he placed Pineco down on the floor. Pinecos' expression became more serious and he got ready for battle.

"Pine! Cine!" he yelled as he leaned forward slightly, awaiting a command.

"Ok Pineco, use Rapid spin!"

"PINE!" he bawled as he launched himself and started to rotate as fast as possible at Spinarak.

"Spin-ee!" it screamed. It released a white spider web thread, Stringshot, at Pineco which slowed his spinning down. He still collided with Spinarak and sent him flying.

"Now! Pokè-ball Go!" Wayne yelled happily as he enlarged his Pokè-ball and threw the Pokè-ball at the happy faced spider. Suddenly Spinarak jumped up and used Stringshot on the Pokè-ball, rendering it useless.

"No!" Wayne yelled as Spinarak made his great escape through some trees.

"Oh well, let's keep on going!" Wayne encouraged his Pokèmon.

As they carried on, they found that the land underneath them was soft and muddy, they had entered marshland.

Wayne failed to capture a Spinarak

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
OOC: I forgot to check this thing

IC:

"Okay. I feel that staying in a group is the best thing we can do. Come on lets go to Pewter already. Im starting to grow restless"

Route 2​

The party transversed through route two. The path here went through a few corners and ends but it was still remotely strait. Cain let out Totodile a few steps back thinking it was to nice a day to let him stay cooped up inside his ball.

All of the sudden the bushed to the left of them moved. Cain waited for the others to move up the path a little before asking Totodile

"You ready for battle?"

The blue crocodile nodded. Then all of the sudden a brown bird pokemon flew out of the bushes. Cain already knew what it was. A pidgey, one of his favorite rookie pokemon.

Cain knowing what it was already swept for his pokevice. He opened it and pointed it toward the bird pokemon. Who was bearing at him like it was going to bite his head off.

"Pidgey, the bird pokemon. A very nice addition to new trainers. A common sight in forests and woods. It flaps its wings at ground level to kick up blinding sand."

"A Pidgey. Well this will be easy. TOTODILE try a scratch attack"

Totodile went up and scratched the bird pokemon. All of the sudden it flew up into the air and started drawing high winds.

A gust attack oh no

The gust knocked down Totodile. But he was smarter then that. The bird pokemon eventualy landed out of exhaustion. Totodile scratched the bird pokemon again. This made the brown bird perfect for catching.

"Okay. Now time for the pokeball."

Cain took one of the 2 pokeballs he was given. He threw it at the Pidgey. After a few wobbles the ball stopped. He had caught the bird pokemon

"YES. I caught my first pokemon."

Totodile looked happy as always. He started jumping up into the air.

"Come on Totodile. Lets catch up with everyone."

Cain ran back with Totodile back where the others where. At the marsh lands.

Cain caught a Pidgey

Trainer Kat

Years
OOC: I'm going to post again, now that we're in Viridian Forest, to make up for my lackluster post a few hours ago. xD
Also, even though Pikachu can be caught in Viridian Forest, I don't want to catch an evolved Pokemon, so I'll be substituting a Pichu. I assume that the unevolved form of Pikachu could be caught there as well.
------------------------------
The blonde trailed behind the other four, as if to say she didn't want to be seen associating with them. She couldn't help but smile at the sight of Route 2. As much as she adored the hustle and bustle of the city, the quaintness of a rural setting was quite cute. She could see now why film stars took vacations in the countryside.

When the group had reached the building leading into Viridian City, trees could already be seen looming on the other side, beckoning. She paused to read the sign outside the building. Was she the only one who had noticed it? "Beware for Beedrill" the sign read. She could feel a chill run down her spine. It was just like the post outside the quaint city. Before she knew it, they were inside the forest.

"Wow..." she began. "You could, like, get lost in here..!" Her eyes widened. Trees surrounded the five youths. They looked sinister in the compromised lighting.

"I'm going hunting for a Pokèmon, I'll meet back with you later." Kat turned. The voice had come from Wayne, the boy with the Pineco. The boy she had already got off to a rocky start with.

"Well, well!" She exclaimed as he wandered off. "The shrimp has a good idea! I'm going off too. Meetcha later! You wouldn't want to lose me!" She winked and started off in the opposite direction as Wayne. Meowth stayed obediantly on her shoulder. "You don't really like your Pokeball, do you?" she asked the feline, reaching a hand up and stroking the soft fur on his cheek.

"Me..." the Meowth purred. He didn't like his Pokeball, nor did he have any intention of leaving his partner's side, as long as she'd let him stay out. He was her Pokemon, after all, and he would follow the instructions he was given.

After stumbling over fallen branches, avoiding icky Kakuna, as well as one small trip that left traces of dirt on Kat's face, they came across a clearing. The blonde sighed and sat on a rotting log. A berry bush grew nearby.

"What do you think, cutie? You hungry?" Meowth nodded his head in response. He leapt off her shoulder and picked a berry, holding it in his front paws and nibbling it. Kat smiled at him. She really felt lucky to have such an adorable Pokemon. Upon closer inspection of the berry bush, some sort of black tag appeared to be poking out of the shrub.

"Hm? What's this?" Kat asked, pulling on it. Without warning, a jolt of electricity shot out, barely missing Kat and Meowth.

"Ah! Wh-what just happened?!" Kat exclaimed. An aggrivated looking rodent poked out from the bushes. "That's a...that's a Pichu!" She whipped out the pink Pokevice the Professor had given her and pointed it at the tiny Pokemon.

"Pichu. The Tiny Mouse Pokemon. Pichu stands at 1'00" and weighs approximately 4 lbs. Pichu is unskilled at storing electric power. Any kind of shock causes it to discharge energy spontaneously. Despite its size, it can zap even adult humans."

Kat smiled. "Awwh, they're even cuter in person! I want one!" She turned to Meowth. "Think you can take it?" she asked. Meowth nodded and lowered himself into a fighting stance. "Meowth, use Scratch!"

The feline charged the rodent, who responded by sending out a Thundershock. The electricity shocked Meowth, causing him to fall momentarily. Without hesitation, he got up and charged once more, avoiding the secondary blast and swiping his claws across the Pichu's face.

Pichu's face twisted into a growl and it sent out a Thundershock. The blast grazed Meowth's side. A second blast was sent towards Meowth, shocking him completely. He fell.

"No.." Kat started. Glancing down, she saw a few pebbles, which she scooped up and began tossing at Pichu. Angry, it sent a blast her way, barely missing her. By this time, Meowth had gotten back up, but hadn't much strength left in him.

"Now, Meowth! Scratch it again!" Hearing his trainer's command, Meowth swatted the side of Pichu's face, leaving scratches. Pichu retaliated with a Charm, lowering Meowth's attack. Its expression seemed to say "now try and beat me."

The pair was unwilling to give up, and Meowth rammed into Pichu before bringing his claws down on the mouse with everything he had. Kat hurled one of two Pokeballs she had been given at the Pichu. As the ball closed around the tiny mouse, she crossed her fingers. Looking down at Meowth, she could see he was doing the same. The ball gave one last shake before settling down. The light in the center went out. Pichu had been caught.

"Yeah!" Kat yelled, hugging Meowth tightly. "We did it, we did it!" The screen of the Pokevice flashed, showing Pichu's picture. Its gender was male, and it knew the attacks "Thundershock" and "Charm" - the same two it had used in the battle against Meowth. A second picture appeared, this one of Meowth. It had learned the move "Bite".

Kat turned towards Meowth, who had since found his way back to her shoulder. "You mean you didn't know how to bite before..?" She laughed and scratched under his chin. He purred in response. The blonde squatted to pick up the Pokeball containing Pichu.

"Now, I guess we have to find our way back to the others.." she sighed. Meowth nodded. "Ugh, I can't believe I'm stuck with them, you know? Whatever..." The two started back the way they came to meet up with the rest of their group.

In a few minutes, they were back, looking excessively scraped up. Kat's arm was bleeding from where a tree had scratched her, and Meowth was still hurt from the fight. Still, they had found the others, and it looked like the boy with the Totodile had gone off, as he was just now returning.

"Well, look who caught a Pokemon," she sneered, removing the newly inhabited Pokeball from her belt and tossing it up in the air momentarily, catching it as it came down.

Last edited:

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
OOC: Pichu was going to be my third Pokemon. Oh well. Let's begin.

Viridian Swamp​

Wayne was up to his knees in swamp mud. The stench of the marshes was unbearable; it was so bad that a Muk was having the time of its life teaching its offspring how to swim in the stagnant water. They were currently resting on a log.

"Here Pineco, these Oran berries are amazing!" Wayne exclaimed as he fed the little Blue berry to Pineco. Pinecos' eyes widened as the berry passed the place where his lips would be. Wayne was currently trying to rip the silky spider web from around the Pokè-ball that had been aimed at Spinarak.

After Wayne got used to the smell he and Pineco got up and started to head back towards the others, the PokèHunt had been unsuccessful. Wayne was dodging all the giant puddles of mud and trying to stop from falling because of the not-so-solid terrain; this was made harder by the fact he was holding Pineco therefore he couldn't use his arms to balance.

The duo were finally out of the swamp. It was then that they realised they were being followed. Wayne turned around to find a short Blue Pokèmon with Orange cheeks. It had Yellow eyes with dark grey circles surrounding them. Both of Its hands were grey with three fingers each, one of which had finger Orange finger in the middle. It had two white stripes around its chest. Its mouth was open in a goofy sort of grin.

"Hello little guy, how long have you been following us?" Wayne asked the small Pokèmon. The little blue frog type Pokèmon looked up at Wayne with a fixed and unnerving face.
It was a few seconds before he actually made a noise, before that Wayne was quite unnerved by the Pokèmon.

"Croa," the Pokèmon said quite slowly.

"Oh, Ok?" Wayne said as he bent down to get a closer look at the Pokèmon. He took out his POKèVICE and pointed it at the Pokèmon.

"Croagunk, the Poison Dart frog. Croagunk has poison pouches in its cheeks. It stabs its fingers which are oozing with a powerful poison into the unguarded areas of its foe. It makes an unpleasant sound by inflating and deflating its poison pouches too frighten the foe. It is somewhat slow witted and likes to do things at its own pace."

"Wow, Croagunk-" Wayne started, but he was interrupted by a loud buzzing noise. The noise came from a swarm of giant Blue Hercules beetle Pokèmon. They swooped past and stole Pineco right from Waynes arms.

"PINECO, NO!"

"PIIIINE!"

The POKèVICE identified these Pokèmon as the Bug/Fighting type, Heracross.

"PINECO!" Wayne cried again. Suddenly another Heracross swooped down and tried to grab Croagunk, but even though he is supposed to be slow witted, he obviously wasn't in battle as he quickly dodged to the side and his hand glew light purple. Croagunk stabbed Heracross with his hand. Herracross fell to the floor on his back and started to shiver every few seconds. He had been poisoned.

"Wow Croagunk!" Wayne congratulated. But Waynes attention shifted to Pineco.

"What can I do?" he said to himself desperately.
"Pineco, Rapid spin!" Wayne shouted to Pineco. But he couldn't spin dew to the fact that Heracross was holding him tightly. Suddenly the POKèVICE started to beep. He opened it up and there was a picture of Pineco.

"Pineco learned Selfdestruct," the voice said.

"Perfect, Pineco use Selfdestruct!" He yelled out of desperation, knowing it's bring Pain to Pineco also. He started glowing and screeching.

"PIIIIIIIINE!" it started, but as it was at point of explosion it shouted "CO!" and in a giant flash of white light and a loud bang Pineco had performed a kamikaze explosion that took Heracross with it. As the two bugs were plummeting to the floor, the Alpha male Heracross, which was significantly larger, caught the unconscious Pineco.

"PINECO! Wait, why didn't I think of this before?" Wayne asked himself. He let out a sigh of relief. He pulled out a Pokè-ball and pointed it at the Heracross and Pineco.

"Pineco, return," he said calmly as he returned Pineco to its spherical home. "Have a good rest Pineco, you've earned it."

The Heracross hovering in the air was furious and it swooped down to attack Wayne with a glowing Megahorn. Wayne closed his eyes out of fear, preparing himself for the upcoming pain. But there was none. As Wayne slowly opened his eyes he saw Croagunk vigorously attacking Heracross with an Egg move that he can learn called Dynamicpunch. A powerful but low accuracy attack that causes confusion to the victim.

Heracross was lying on the floor unconscious and all the others had dispersed. Croagunk was very powerful.

"W-wow Croagunk?" Wayne said amused.
"You saved me,"

Croagunk scratched his head lightly and smiled larger than usual.

"Would you like to come with me?" Wayne asked gently. Croagunk gave another one of his stares at Wayne before he nodded.

"Croooa," he said slowly and happily. Wayne held out the Pokè-ball that he had freed from the Spider web and Croagunk poked it with his Orange finger. He was suddenly turned into a red bright light and sucked into the Pokè-ball.

"Ok, I caught a new Pokèmon!" Wayne yelled as he released his new friend from its Pokè-ball. "Come on buddy, let's meet with the others and get Pineco to a Pokèmon Center," Wayne said as he smiled at Croagunk.

They both started walking East out of the marshland and then located the others. Where Kat, Cain, Ari and Chelsea were anxiously awaiting his return.

Wayne caught a Croagunk.

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
IC: The group had finally set off on its journey after some guided words from Professor Willow. Several of the trainers, namely Kat, Wayne, and Cain, did not have the best of starts and were at one another's throats from the moment they had left. Ari, the third female and the last trainer in the group, appeared to have taken the leadership role and was leading the newly formed team of Pokemon Trainers through Viridian Forest, Route 2.

The sun was still hot through the trees that surrounded them from all sides, and for Chelsea, this was not exactly the type of weather she had envisioned for starting her journey. She had deemed herself the season of autumn, a mixture of hot and cool conditions combining into the perfect climate, none of this abstract heat she was feeling now. Looking around however, none of the other trainers appeared to be affected by the heat as such and were carrying along comfortably.

Stretching back her arms and holding her hands behind her head, Chelsea closed her eyes as she continued walking alongside the group. She had been leading the pack from the front with Ari by her side, the two boys; Wayne and Cain behind her, and Kat bringing up the rear.
Despite her exuberant attempt to soften up to the Goldenrod trainer and being brushed off so quickly, Chelsea still held some admiration towards the girl and began speculating on differing ways of warming up or just annoying the blonde. Either way, she would have some fun.
The other female trainer, Ari, appeared much more reserved, but also held about her a determined and dominant role among the group. She was much more of a leader than Chelsea could ever be, even though she did appear reluctant at times. It was cute in a way, and Chelsea admired her for it.

Opening her eyes slightly, Chelsea then moved her attention to the two boys behind her. The two of which she had first met in Professor Willow's laboratory and had gotten into a rather unpleasant greeting with Kat. Closing her eyes once again as she continued walking, Chelsea lifted her head to feel the cool breeze that passed overhead, before letting her mind wonder to analyse her fellow companion, Wayne.

"I'm going hunting for a Pokèmon, I'll meet back with you later," came Wayne's voice, causing Chelsea to trip over her own thoughts and her feet.

Rubbing her head, Chelsea looked behind her to see the fourteen-year-old dart off into the forest heading east.

"Hey! We're supposed to stick together!" the brunette shouted, her head sore as she swung her fist in the air, watching the boy disappear into the forest. "Huh? Hey! Where did that other guy go? Cain?"

Looking behind her, she saw that Cain had also disappeared from sight, after going after a wild Pokemon. A sigh escaped her lips as she came to a stop, her back hunched and her head drooped.

"What's with boys and battling?" she asked tiredly, her face growing warm as she stood in her place, Ari now being the only other trainer by her side. "Hey, Kat?"

"The shrimp has a good idea! I'm going off too. Meetcha later! You wouldn't want to lose me!" the blonde said with a wink, before heading off in the opposite direction from which Wayne had left.

Pouting as she crossed her arms, Chelsea watched as the Goldenrod City girl disappeared into the forest to the west. Another sigh escaped her lips as she pocketed her hands and followed Ari forward through the forest.

"Well, I guess it'd be okay to let them go for now," the brunette said without much enthusiasm, "I hope they don't get into too much trouble."

OOC: Electivire, it's not that big of a deal but, doesn't Pineco learn Selfdestruct before Explosion? I'm just curious that's all. My post is bad, short, and ugly, so don't midn it too much, it's just to recap and catch up. If you guys are already coming back into the group, just post from there. Oh, and man, when you guys post, you post in numbers eh? Can't keep up... >.<

Last edited:

Trainer Kat

Years
OOC: Oh, but when you post, you post with quality, Phanima! xD I can't keep up with that!

Ahh, Electivire, I'm sorry! xD Pichu was the only Pokemon out of the Viridian Forest bunch that I can think of that Kat would like. You could catch a Pichu too, actually. Then Kat and Wayne could be Pichu rivals. x3

This, too, is gonna be a somewhat short post...I'm just finishing up Kat's return.
-------------------------------
The blonde grinned as the shorter teen emerged. Now that everyone was back together, she could compare spoils.

"So..." she smirked. "What did everyone catch?" she asked, feigning interest. She tended to her arm for a moment, wiping the blood off of it with a small handkerchief she kept in her side bag. Her eyes shot back up to the two boys.

"Why don't you take a look at this?" she bragged, releasing Pichu. Something she hadn't noticed when she caught him was that he had a tuft of longer hair on his forehead, almost like bangs. She remembered seeing a Pikachu like this facing Ash's Pikachu on one of his League battles. It's trainer had red hair, and seemed to be friends with Ash. If only she could remember his name...

"Cute, huh? Way better than those icky bug Pokemon." She stuck her tongue out at this. Meowth took one look at her and stuck his tongue out as well. Obviously neither of them were fans of bugs.

She scooped Pichu into her arms. The rodent growled and released a jolt of electricity, sending it coursing through Kat and Meowth's bodies. The girl quickly grabbed the Pichu's Pokeball and recalled it.

"Ahem...it hasn't warmed up to me yet, but..." She grinned. "I'm sure it's the best catch of the lot."

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
OOC: I was getting confused between the Explosion/Selfdestruct thing and I was short for time as it is so I picked the word that sounded more threatening xD

That's not a bad Idea, I was also thinking of Plusle/Minun but they're no good on their own. Maybe Pachirisu? I'll get round to it eventually. An yeah, Phamina it's quality not quantity that counts and you got quality!

IC:
-Theme Song-

Viridian Forest

Wayne had finally found his way back to the gang. When he had returned he realised just how muddy he was. His pre white running shoes were caked with mud. His jeans were completley ruined and on top of everything he smelt like the stagnent marshes that he just returned from. He wasn't a pleasent sound or smell to be travelling with.

"So..." Kat. "What did everyone catch?" the Blonde asked.

As Wayne was standing there soaking wet and jeans made of mud he couldn't help but brag about his catch.

"My catch is right behind me," Wayne smiled as he stept aside to reveal the poison dart frog munching very slowly on an Oran Berry. Wayne smiled and expected some admiration. But he didn't think he was going to get any.

"Why don't you take a look at this?" Kat bragged as let out a small Yellow rodent Pokemon from its Pokeball. The Pokemon was a Pichu. It had three spikey hairs on its head like one of the Pichu Brothers on a Cartoon he used to watch as a kid.

Kats Bragging backfired when she picked up Pichu and it shoked her and Meowth with a powerful electric shock.

"Ahem...it hasn't warmed up to me yet, but..." She grinned. "I'm sure it's the best catch of the lot."

"Oh yeah?" Wayne said confronting Kat. "Well my new friend Croagunk just defeated a whole Swarm of Heracross!" he bragged very loudly. Of course he knew it had only Taken down two Heracross but it is still an amazing accomplishment.

"Anyway we need to go to a Pokemon Center, I need a new pair of Jeans and Pineco needs to be healed, come on,"

OOC: Whereas this has neither quality or quantity...

Last edited:

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
Everyone started talking about the pokemon they caught. Cain who was glad he caught his released the Pidgey. It immediatly flew onto his sholder.

"I myself caught a Pidgey. A flying pokemon."

He noticed that Wayne caught a bug pokemon and Kat caught a Pichu. But then he noticed something else. Wayne was dirty beyond comparasine. He was very muddy and stank of bushes. He must have really chased his bug pokemon. But Cain tried to ignore Wayne for a moment and went to Kat's pokemon. Cain who never fully liked rodent pokemon just stared back. Then he heared Wayne's proposal to go to a pokemon center

"But we are in the forest now. Come on man. Does anyone have a potion in their bag? I doubt you need new pants right this moment."

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
OOC: Croagunk is a Poison/Fighting type and Pineco's fainted so a Potion wouldn't work, have you been reading these? xD

IC: Coming after the next persons, sorry.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
OOC: Croagunk is a Poison/Fighting type and Pineco's fainted so a Potion wouldn't work, have you been reading these? xD

IC: Coming after the next persons, sorry.

OOC: Note: My character is not an expert on Sinnoh pokemon so feel free to correct him on that. Plus how would my character know that your pokemon is fainted or injured. You just stated he needs to be healed up. So correct him on that as well if you wish.

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
OOC: Sorry I never thought of that. Also... Damn it! I just typed up lots and then my Mouse clicked off the text box on its own, and when I pressed backspace it took me back a page and I lost everything! If Brocks parents are owning the Gym then It could be a double battle. The lack of quantity and quality n this case is to just get more familiar with Croagunks personality and Waynes lack of confidence thing stands out a bit.

Viridian Forest

Wayne was itching to get too Pewter City for two reasons. To rest up his Pokemon at the Center and to watch Cain take down the Gym leader. He had suggested they run too Pewter City but everyone else wanted to take in the breath taking scenery. Also if they wanted a Pokemon; Ari and Chelsea haven't caught one, that's if they wanted too of course. So he decided to let Pineco rest for a while and just go with the flow.

He didn't feel like getting shouted at for saying something stupid or smelling like the sewers; so instead he tagged along behind and kept quiet, occasionally talking to Croagunk. The Goliath trees blocked all sunlight, so the dark gloomy forest was perfect for Bug Pokemon. There was what seemed to be millions of Caterpie and Weedle and quite a few Wurmple also. The Bug Pokemon seemed to run on a schedule as all of them seemed to be chowing down on the thousands of berries that the enormous trees provided. Speaking of berries; Croagunk was still munching gone the tiny blue Oranberry that Wayne had given to him about ten minutes ago.

"Wow, you really take your time, you like to go at your own pace don't you?" Wayne asked his Croagunk who was plodding along slowly next to Wayne.

"Crrroa," He replied slowley as he finished the berry. He widened his smile towards Wayne who returned the smile.

"But yet in battle you were so fast. I didn't even see the Poison sting you use to Poison the first Heracross. And that ultra powerful Dynamicpunch was really fast," Wayne told his Pokemon. This also made him smile.

"You just wait until you properly meet Pineco,"

After Wayne had finished his conversation he was thinking that he would like to battle one of his new friends when Pineco is healed and Croagunk is bought back to full strength. The gang carried on walking through the twisting maze known as Viridian Forest.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
Viridian Forest practicaly blocked out most of the light unless you looked up. Which shawn the sun in its full glory. Only Pidgey on his sholder was looking up at the sky. Cain and Totodile were looking forward. Cain of course wanted Totodile to learn a water move as quickly as possible so that they could defeat the first gym.

"Okay guys. Me and Totodile are going to do some training."

The path went into many different bushes and other smaller trails. Cain was determened to raise Totodile to a level where he would be able to learn a water attack.

Cain noticed a trail on the right. He immediatly started to follow it towards parts unknown. Hoping to find some pokemon to train off of.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
OOC: Haha, thanks I guess. ^^" Oh and sorry for doing this again Electivire but, I don't think a wild Croagunk can learn Dynamicpunch. And TM's aren't real in this RP and we haven't met any Move Tutors yet so I don't think it could've learnt it that way. It is an Egg Move, but I have no idea what that is. Just some clarification would be nice, I'm not trying to pick a fight. ^^

IC: Sudden voices sounded from behind the two teenagers, causing what was left of the group to divert their attention from their destination ahead. The brunette placed her hands on her hips, Ari standing behind her, as both Kat and Wayne rejoined the party. Both had apparently caught their very first Pokemon and were eager to announce to the rest of trainers of their rewards.

Her slight annoyance in the two for wandering off earlier was quickly subdued by her now exuberant and longing desire to see what the trainers had caught. Kat was the first to reveal her spoils and released what was a very cute but also tough and self-devoted looking Pichu. A small fringe hung over its forehead, its most distinguishing feature after fully materialising.

"It's so cute!" the red, black, and gold clad teenager exclaimed, peering down at the electric mouse, its beady black eyes covered by a furrowed brow.

"Cute, huh? Way better than those icky bug Pokemon." The blonde trainer from Goldenrod said in a self-righteous voice. She stuck out her tongue following her statement and her Meowth, who had taken one look at his trainer, stuck out his tongue as well.

"My catch is right behind me," Wayne piped, as he stepped aside to reveal his first catch. A blue and black frog Pokemon, who had orange cheeks and tired eyes, stepped forward behind its trainer. It was a Croagunk, the posion frog Pokemon.

"I myself caught a Pidgey. A flying pokemon." Cain had just appeared behind the group, and to Chelsea's surprise, he had caught a Pokemon of his own as well. A small brown and white feathered bird with a pink beak sat on his shoulder. Its feathers were ruffled and it looked tired, most probably due to its encounter with Cain.

Chelsea looked around at the three new Pokemon and let out a laugh. She straightened up, placed her hands on her hips and smiled. The three trainers had already caught their first Pokemon, and on their first day as well. It was impressive.

Amazing…it's only been a few hours since we left Professor Willow's, and these three have already caught their first Pokemon.

Kat didn't appear that impressed in the other two's catch however and quickly scooped up her Pichu in an effort to showcase the Pokemon's traits further. The Electric Pokemon however, seemed to have yet become accustomed to Kat being its trainer and with a small growl, and an impressive electric shock, he was quickly withdrawn into his Pokeball. Kat gave an embarrassing grin.

"Anyway we need to go to a Pokemon Center, I need a new pair of Jeans and Pineco needs to be healed, come on," Wayne suddenly said, after the group had welcomed the new Pokemon and gave their congratulations, or lack thereof, to the new Pokemon Trainers.

"A Pokemon Center?" Chelsea asked. "Pewter City is a while away from where we are now I assume. It might take another day or two to get there. The best thing for now I suppose, is if you just keep Pineco in its ball and let it rest. You guys picked a pretty bad location to start a fight with wild Pokemon, being in the middle of a forest and all."

"Okay guys. Me and Totodile are going to do some training." Cain appeared to have his mind set on, for some reason, training his Totodile further, much to the displeasure of Chelsea's 'it's-for-the-best' attitude.

"Training? Are you crazy?" she said, waving her arms in the air. "All of your Pokemon just had their first battle, well, except for Wayne, but that's even more of a reason to let them rest now." The humidity of the forest was starting to takes its affect, and the burning brunette could feel her head starting to get hot. "Listen, despite what you guys' intentions are, I think it's best if you just let your Pokemon rest for now, it might be too dangerous for them to start fighting again, especially since we're in the middle of the forest."

The group had moved some way into the thick brush of the Viridian forest and had reached a point where several eroded paths became present along the ground. Cain, who had decided to go train, followed a particular trail leading to the right and deeper into the forest.

Letting out a sigh, the fiery brunette slumped in her place with her arms dangling down by her side and her head drooped. Seven years in the Pokemon Academy at home had taught her a number of things about Pokemon and the world around them. One of these things she was taught was that despite the amount of power and strength a Pokemon had, every Pokemon had their limit, and once this limit was reached, a good trainer would be one who would know when to quit for the sake of their Pokemon, despite his or her ambitions. She had learnt that in the academy she had attended in her hometown, and she now hoped that for Cain, and Wayne, and Kat, that they were good enough of trainers not to expect too much of their newly acquired partners.

Hopefully, Totodile hasn't reached his limit…

Regaining her breath, Chelsea pulled herself back up and looked around the remaining group of trainers. She had no intentions of being the leader, or to be giving orders for that matter, but she felt that she had to in a situation such as this.

"Listen up you two," she began, pointing a finger to both Kat and Wayne, giving them a suddenly dangerous smile, her eyes overshadowed by her furrowing brow, "I know you've just caught your very first Pokemon, and that's awesome, really, but until we get to a Pokemon Center, I don't want either of you to get into any fights." The teenage brunette felt unpleasingly motherly for saying such a thing, but continued regardless. "I'm not trying to order you around, well, literally I am, but that's beside the point. Listen, I can't stop you from battling and I'm not going to go out of my way to stop you if you do, but I suggest you don't make your Pokemon get into anymore fights for the time being. Okay?"

Chelsea had no intentions of taking leadership of the group ever again, let alone the matured and aging role as the 'all-knowing-and-stuck-up' brunette. She didn't want that. She would be content with the notion of the others calling her a clown, which would actually make her happy, well happier than being the 'mother' and 'mature' figure of the group. But she did know when enough was enough, and would act on her instincts and ideals if needed, despite how 'old' it made her feel.

"Well, I guess that's that!" she said with a bright smile, her tone of voice greatly differing from which she had used only moments before.

Looking around the group, her eyes narrowed and a sly smile crossed her face. Sliding up behind both Kat and Wayne, she wrapped her arms around their necks and pulled them up into a suffocating embrace.

"Congratulations on catching your first Pokemon!"

Trainer Kat

Years
"Listen up you two," Kat looked at Chelsea, who had once again assumed a leadership role, not that Kat really minded who took the lead, if anyone. "I know you've just caught your very first Pokemon, and that's awesome, really, but until we get to a Pokemon Center, I don't want either of you to get into any fights."

The Goldenrod model grinned and plucked Meowth off her shoulder, rubbing her nose against his. "No, you already did well! You deserve a rest. I wouldn't put you through another fight. No, I wouldn't!" She smiled and hugged the Pokemon. "You're a good Meowth, yes you are! Yes, you're such a good boy!" She began fawning over the Meowth, who responded with a few content mewls.

As the brunette's arm once again slid around Kat's neck, the feline leapt out of her grasp to the ground, shaking the rising dust off his otherwise impeccable cream colored fur. The blonde was pulled towards the brunette, as was Wayne. Immediately, she got a whiff of Wayne's marshy smell.

"Ew," she coughed. She dug around in her side bag until her hand emerged, holding a small glass spray bottle. "Hold still, Wayne," she said, spraying the front of his shirt with the bottle, which instantaneously released a flowery scented liquid. "There!" She grinned, obviously pleased with herself. "Much better!"

The blonde bent over and picked up Meowth, who gave her an appreciative lick on the chin. She turned to Chelsea. "What about you?" She smiled, almost sincerely, at the brunette. "You should catch a Pokemon, Chelsea! And I'd love to see that mythical Pokemon of yours in action!" She nodded and laughed. Chelsea had guts, continuously trying to hug Kat, and for that, the blonde couldn't help but feel a small bit of admiration towards the brunette. Only a small bit, mind you. She was still Kat Tachikawa, and she knew no one who could compare with her in terms of skill and beauty.
----------------------
OOC: Sorry for that, Electivire. It was just such a Kat thing to do, I couldn't resist. xD

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
OOC: Do you mean you don't know what an Egg move is? Or do you mean how he could have got it in the wild? Because I was going to pick up on that later as a sort of storyline or something during Fuscia City. Lol, Kat we posted at the same time xD

IC:
"Listen up you two," The brunnete exclaimes with a dangerous smile, she furrowed her brow and pointed at Kat and Wayne, she had her other hand on her hip. "I know you've just caught your very first Pokemon, and that's awesome, really, but until we get to a Pokemon Center, I don't want either of you to get into any fights." The teenage brunette said in a nagging Mother sort of tone but Wayne could tell she was just trying to be friendly and help. She continued regardless. "I'm not trying to order you around, well, literally I am, but that's beside the point. Listen, I can't stop you from battling and I'm not going to go out of my way to stop you if you do, but I suggest you don't make your Pokemon get into anymore fights for the time being. Okay?"

After this, out of fear and friendship Wayne smiled and let out an affermative nod. Although he couldn't see Chelsea becoming the 'leader' of the gang she sure proved her leadership skills. She had also proved herself of a great motivational speaker.

"Well, I guess that's that!" she said with a bright smile, her tone of voice greatly differing from which she had used only moments before.

Looking around the group, her eyes narrowed and a sly smile crossed her face. Sliding up behind both Kat and Wayne, she wrapped her arms around their necks and pulled them up into a suffocating embrace.

"Congratulations on catching your first Pokemon!"

As Wayne felt the embrace his face started to feel warm, he had started too blush. His heart started to pump faster and harder. But luckily as she let go Wayne, no one seemed to have noticed. Wayne turned around too try and find Croagunk, he deserved a rest in his Pokeball. But when he turned around and kneeled down, he realised Croagunk staring at him with an extra wide smile that was also more goofy than usual. He then winked at Wayne. Wayne got a sweat drop on the back of his head.

"Yeah, ok Croagunk, I think you'd better return," Wayne said ambarrasingly as he returned Croagunk to his spherical home in a shot of read light.

"Ew," Kat coughed. She dug around in her side bag until her hand emerged, holding a small glass spray bottle. "Hold still, Wayne," she said, spraying the front of his shirt with the bottle, which instantaneously released a flowery scented liquid. "There!" She grinned, obviously pleased with herself. "Much better!"

"That's disgusting!" he laughed. "Thanks Kat," he exclaimed thankfully. "Now I can't smell myself!"

As Wayne was trying not to inhale the flowery scent that emitted from his jacket and shirt; the gang continued to walk on, making general conversation, it was starting to get darker by the minute in the long twists and turns of the thick woodland known as Viridian Forest.

Last edited:

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
All Cain could see was foliage and underbrush.

Why is there so many bushes?

Finnaly there was a small clearing. There were Metapod and Caterpee littering the area.

"Perfect, some good easy targets."

Totodile which was trailing behind him looked eager to battle. Cain returned Pidgey back to its ball and bent over.

"Okay Totodile. Lets go after a few bugs."

After a while of scratching and growling at Caterpee Cain did not know if Totodile grew a level or not. But it looked like he didn't learn a new move yet.

"What is taking so long? Damn. Well we had better get back to the others."

Totodile nodded. These bugs just flee at the sight of the blue crocodile. So it was hard to hit them when all they did was run away.

"Okay. Now lets get back to the rest. They are probably at Pewter by now."

Cain returned the tired but still happy-go-lucky Totodile back to its ball. Then started jogging back to the trail. When he finnaly made it back to the path he looked around.

Sure is getting dark. Id better get back

Now noticing that in darkness the bugs ruled their world. He saw that there was a sprawling evergreen full of ledyba and Ledian. It was shining as though it was full of christmas tree lights.

Cain got his bearings and started to sprint in the direction that the group went. Not noticing the large buzzing sound that was straight behind him.

10 minutes later

Cain finally caught up with the others. They were quite aways but Cain still could sprint far enough. Once he caught up with them he noticed for one thing Wayne didn't smell like a sewer full of Muk.

"Well I see someone got some perfume finally. Anyway I think its getting to dark for comfort. We ought to hurry to Pewter quickly. I have a bad feeling about this."

Trainer Kat

Years
OOC: lol, Electivire. xD
By the way, I don't know if we should arrive in Pewter just yet, it'd probably be best to wait for Ninetales.
And I guess I've taken to posting after every few responses. It's a lot easier on me than backtracking and having Kat respond to every situation. ._.;;
---------------------------
The blonde smirked at Wayne, who now smelled like she usually did at one of her photoshoots, at least, he would if she had taken to rolling around in a swamp before each session.

"Well I see someone got some perfume finally." It appeared Cain was back from his training. Hopefully, he had trained his Totodile enough so that it had learned a water-type move. After all, the group did depend on the aquatic crocodile to acquire the first badge.

"That delightful aroma would be courtesy of yours truly!" Kat said, assuming a heroic posture and pointing at herself with her thumb. Meowth, who had since resumed his post on her shoulder, took one look at her and mimiced her like before. It seemed that her little cat had some parrot genes in him.

"Wa~ayne!" she cooed, stepping in front of him. She bent over a full three inches to get at eye level with him. The blonde reached out and pinched both his cheeks between her thumb and index finger. The move was almost condescending, and it would be, had she meant it that way. "Since both of us have two Pokemon, what do you say we have ourselves a little battle when everyone's well rested, hmm~?"

A little later, the sky began to show signs of nightfall. The light, already compromised from the trees overhead, became even more so as the sun began to set. A Weedle seemed to launch itself out of the bushes in front of Kat, who shrieked in surprise. The bug Pokemon looked at her like she was crazy and continued on its way, obviously not intending to disturb the peace.

"I don't like this!" The pampered model whined. "It's dark and scary and there are icky bugs everywhere!" She crossed her arms and frowned. Suddenly, an idea hit her. Removing Pichu's Pokeball from her belt, she called out the rodent, and, with a flash of red light, he materialized before her.

"Pichu," she started, her voice still somewhat whiny. "Can you light this place up? Can't you do that?" The mouse sent a Thundershock her way, which she barely sidestepped. The electricity lit up the area momentarily.

"I'd ask you to keep using that, but you'd get too tired too fast." Pichu looked up at her and blinked. "Rest for a while." Kat recalled the Pokemon and kissed the Pokeball before placing it back on her hip.

"Now what..?" the blonde pouted.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
"Well im glad Wayne doesnt smell like a sewer full of Muk's. Anyway its getting dark really fast

Momentarily Kat started whining about the dark and the insects. Cain of course snapped back feircly

"All the excitments of being a trainer is to face your fears. I of course have no fear of insects or of the dark. But come on, your in a group."

Kat tried to make her Pichu charge enough light. But the small electric pokemon was to small and inexperienced to charge the area for to long. But then Cain got an idea

Cain took off his backpack. Inside was a candle that his mom accidently slipped into his backpack when she was putting things into it. Cain of course still needed a spark of some sort to power it. Then he remembered he had a pack of matches in his pocket. A small book of matches he bought the day before. Just in case he needed a campfire of some sort.

After lighting the candle they finally had some light. But the light would eventually go out so they needed to continue fast.

"Okay guys. No stopping now. We have past the point of no return. We have to keep going to Pewter with no stops".

Cain knew that if the fire went out they would be in the dark. Where there was no survival.

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
OOC: Sorry for not posting. There isn't really anything to post considering we shouldn't leave the forest unless Ninetails is with us. This isn't as long as it may seem (even though it's not amazingly long anyway.) A bit of it is from other peoples posts that I tweaked a bit, so don't just skip the parts from your posts as there's some extra thing is… I think.

IC:

"Well I see someone got some perfume finally." It appeared Cain was back from his training. Hopefully, he had trained his Totodile enough so that it had learned a water-type move. After all, the group did depend on the aquatic crocodile to acquire the first badge.

"That delightful aroma would be courtesy of yours truly!" Kat said, assuming a heroic posture and pointing at herself with her thumb. Meowth, who had since resumed his post on her shoulder, took one look at her and mimicked her again.

"Oh really?" Wayne asked. He was rolling round on the floor trying to rid himself of the putrid stench that Kat had poisoned him with. He thought back to being at home the night before he ran away. "I knew I should of bought extra deodorant" he thought to himself. After he'd finished rolling around on the Grass like a rabid Psyduck, he got back to his feet and he realised the smell had faded a little.

"Wa-ayne!" The blonde cooed, stepping in front of him. She bent over a little to get at eye level with him. Kat reached out and pinched both his cheeks between her thumb and index finger. The move had felt patronising but Wayne had noticed an astonishing change in Kats personality lately so he brushed it off and smiled. "Since both of us have two Pokemon, what do you say we have ourselves a little battle when everyone's well rested, hmm~?"

"Of course I'll battle you! M, Pineco and Croagunk will send your Meowth and Pichu flying like a Natu in a hurricane!" Wayne shouted competitively. As he shook his fist at Kat and smiled a competitive grin; he could see their battle starting a long rivalry. A very long rivalry.

As the navy blue sky turned a pitch black colour and nightfall crept upon the gang, everyone had sought refuge under a large tree which conveniently had many logs underneath to make substitutes for seats. The temperature wasn't as cold as everyone had expected. Even in the pitch Black the temperature was humid and moderate. Everyone was making general conversation, and to be honest nobody was bored, hearing each others stories of the past, present and future was fun, there was many jokes and all sorts, but the funniest thing was Kats face when a Weedle launched itself at her. Of course the Weedle meant to be friendly, but its attitude will change when it wakes up from the concussion tomorrow.

"I don't like this!" The pampered model whined. "It's dark and scary and there are icky bugs everywhere!" She crossed her arms and frowned. Suddenly, an idea hit her. Removing Pichu's Pokeball from her belt, she called out the rodent, and, with a flash of red light, he materialized before her.

"Pichu," she started, her voice still somewhat whiny. "Can you light this place up? Can't you do that?" The mouse sent a Thundershock her way, which she barely sidestepped. The electricity lit up the area momentarily. "I'd ask you to keep using that, but you'd get too tired too fast." Pichu looked up at her and blinked. "Rest for a while." Kat recalled the Pokemon and kissed the Pokeball before placing it back on her hip. "Now what..?" the blonde pouted.

Cain took off his backpack. Inside was a candle that his mom accidentally (And very conveniently I might add) slipped into his backpack when she was putting things into it. Cain of course still needed a spark of some sort to power it. Then he remembered he had a pack of matches in his pocket. A small book of matches he bought the day before. Just in case he needed a campfire of some sort.

After lighting the candle they finally had some light. But the light would eventually go out so they needed to continue fast. "Okay guys. No stopping now. We have past the point of no return. We have to keep going to Pewter with no stops". The flames were mesmerizing; everybody was staring at them, making out patterns and watching the flames dance. It was hypnotic.

"Pineco, Croagunk, Time for some food!" Wayne exclaimed as he released his two Pokèmon from their Pokè-balls. Croagunk was sleeping but woke up on exit. But Pineco was in bad shape. He looked really ill and weak. He couldn't eat properly as Wayne had to crush the Berries in his hands and feed Pineco the sweet juice within. Everyone cooed and 'aww'ed over Pineco. And in the background Croagunk was slowly munching on one single berry. After about 15 minutes, both Pokèmon had finished and were recalled to their Pokè-balls. The rest of the journey too Pewter city would conclude in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back