• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favourite Pokemon introduction?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Hmm...I like them all really, for different reasons. Although LeafGreen just seems boring...I dunno if the originals had an intro or not, but I think as it's basically going to the beginning it doesn't need one - it should go straight from the "Gamefreak 19?? - 20??" part to the main screen with Venusaur.

Platinum's always looks nice as an improvement over Diamond. Emerald's was the first one I saw, and is probably still up there. But overall I think HeartGold's is the best. Nice colours, shows you all you already knew about the game whilst building up your expectations, and decent music too.

Years
I only really remember the introduction videos for Black and R/B/FR/LG so it's hard to judge them on that.

The start screen of HG/SS and the original R/B are pretty cool in their own respects, the 3D Lugia/Ho-Oh was good while the random pokemon appearing beside Red was also cool so these are much better than the other start screens for me.

Then you're basically in to the professor introduction and it's the same for every game so not much choice there. So I guess purely based on the fact I remember its intro and like its start screen, it's the original R/B for me. Plus I love the classic Pokemon theme played in the intro and start screen on R/B.

Back