• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: (HotW #68) Pokémon: Messenger Of Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
^Alright, I'd love to see the progress you made (but I honestly just posted because I was saddened to see this thread on page 3 :))

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
^Alright, I'd love to see the progress you made (but I honestly just posted because I was saddened to see this thread on page 3 :))

Haha I know I was waiting for somebody to bump it lol. I guess I could've used the godly double post rule. I guess I'll get some new screens, even though I can't get any surfing due to the fact that... um... I have no surfing OW ^_^

Lol alright I'll fire up the ol' VBA... I'll try to get some new screens posted in an hour or so.

PlatniumPiano

Years
Alright sounds good, if you need any more scripting just ask :)

Another Update:
Look at the first post. But seriously, I got ten brand new, fresh out of the oven screenies up! All of these have the new hero OW in them, and a couple of new areas are in pictures (I pray that you can tell them apart from the others) now, so it shows I'm getting somewhere. I'm currently mapping a huge valley (like 100 blocks long huge) so that will take me a while... Hopefully though, I can get it done with much speed to give you a new town and dungeon. The big valley also happens to be across the sea, so don't get your hopes up on going there in the Alpha ^_^

tl;dr (shakes fist): New Screenshots!

PlatniumPiano

Years
Cool, they look great! I can't wait to see more :)

Haha thanks!

And by the way, if anbody didn't see my map(s) on the map rating thread, here they are ^_^

Sable Forest (mediocre)
Spoiler:

Amythest Valley (slightly less mediocre)
Spoiler:

EDIT: Fail-Z has constructed a titlescreen for me (thank you very much!!) and I have now successfully inserted it into the game. What do you think?
Titlescreen.png

Last edited:

ZakZ

Banned
Years
I like the title screen a lot but i would have made the Ponyta stand out a little more, but otherwise it looks great!

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
Wish you had a video uploaded or had a short demo up.
Reckon story is ok... but is this one of those hacks which gonna have like 100 cut scenes? T-T Hope not

If you are are upto 3rd gym, should get a vid up.

Q: What's gym badges got to do wif your storyline?
Eg in Pokemon games, "[you] want to be the very best...", so you collect badges to fight the elite four

OFF TOPIC: To JohnPaulJones
On your signature u can only divide by (A+B-X) when, (A+B-X) is not 0 (since you cannot not divide by zero)
In short, A+B-X =\= 0 which is A + B =\=X
A+B =\= X is paradox since your first statement was A + B = X
Plz dun forget in math you cannot divide by 0

Neo-Wolf

I am back!
Years
Name/Alias: Shrey

Job you want: Beta Tester

Credentials: I spotted a lot of errors in Life of Guardians ( I was not an official Beta Tester , though . ) I've played loads of 3rd generation hacks . I have also got LOADS of free time . *Holidays rule*

PlatniumPiano

Years
Wish you had a video uploaded or had a short demo up.
Reckon story is ok... but is this one of those hacks which gonna have like 100 cut scenes? T-T Hope not

If you are are upto 3rd gym, should get a vid up.

Q: What's gym badges got to do wif your storyline?
Eg in Pokemon games, "[you] want to be the very best...", so you collect badges to fight the elite four

OFF TOPIC: To JohnPaulJones
On your signature u can only divide by (A+B-X) when, (A+B-X) is not 0 (since you cannot not divide by zero)
In short, A+B-X =\= 0 which is A + B =\=X
A+B =\= X is paradox since your first statement was A + B = X
Plz dun forget in math you cannot divide by 0

[OFFTOPIC]I'm suprised so many people have noticed that. And yes, the mathematical equation was supposed to be a paradox, because that's the only way to solve it, but at the same time it cannot be solved by A+B-X. I love confusing things and paradoxes :P [/OFFTOPIC]

Haha no I have very few cutscenes... A couple of long scripts but that is pretty much it. And I'm not having gym badges. My hack, my rules lol.

@ZakZ: The person who did the titlescreen did the Rapidash in B&W, which is the only way for it to fit in the titlescreen. Else, the image gets messed up.

I love how my thread has been inactive for the past 5 days and suddenly three new posts :D

EDIT: ZOMG!!!! 300 POSTS!!!!!

Last edited:

PlatniumPiano

Years
See you in the Hacks Showcase!

Update:
I have decided that it is best to discontinue this hack... for now! I will not be totally halting progress on Messenger of Peace. Far from it, actually. Since I realize that this project is way to big for my skill level, I am going to put it on hiatus. In all honesty, I love the idea of this hack too much to give up on it ^_^. So instead, I'm going to be learning the following skills:
Tile editing
Trainersprite editing
Overworld editing
unLZ editing
As well as a few other aspects such as music hacking, and some more advanced scripting and map making. I am hoping to restart this hack on Leaf Green (I'm sick of all the FR hacks), unless somebody can provide a 100% clean method to edit the truck completely out of Ruby. This time around, I am skipping Progressing Hacks and going directly to the Hacks Showcase, where all of you will be able to experience a beta as soon as I submit the thread. I hope this move will breathe new life into the hack.

Remember... I AM NOT GIVING UP! Messenger of Peace will make a return, and way better than before. Do not expect it too terribly soon, though, as it will take time for me to get these skills up to a decent level. I would wish to be a jack of all trades, and have only one additional person if possible. This is what my studies will hopefully yield.

See you in the Hacks Showcase!

-JohnPaulJones/PlatniumPiano

*Mods please close the thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back