• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
Museum and Game Corner music doesn't really fit with a forest. Why not use Mt. Pyre's peak music instead? It feels more appropriate since it does in Quartz. Caves could use Sealed Chamber's music also.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Museum and Game Corner music doesn't really fit with a forest. Why not use Mt. Pyre's peak music instead? It feels more appropriate since it does in Quartz. Caves could use Sealed Chamber's music also.

Mt. Pyre music is fine. Unfortunately, Sealed Chamber music is not one of my favorites. Do you have any other suggestions?

By the way, it's revealed that a random Trainer named "Lancy" is Lance's son.
In the translated version, Lance will talk about his son and how he will train him
properly in order to become a great Dragon type Trainer like him.

Years
For a cave maybe use inner Mt. Pyre with the tombstones? That could work. Also you could insert the beta Ruby music in Light Platinum. Replace Pokemon Center's with the one that says Crystal, have the routes between Inhore and Pantem Route 38's, and Team Steam's HQ with Team Rocket's theme. It fits since you get 16 badges like GSC/HGSS.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2011
The English version is the translation of LP. It is heavily edited in Trainer names and Pokédex entries.
Also, all Trainer sprites will match their OWs,
unlike the original LP.

Thx for your answer, but this english version is not out yet ?
The only full version that exist is the one in portugese ?

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2011
where i can find enigma berry to heal alakazam,plz help
how i can obtain berry from trees? i dont know how do it from beginning of game

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Thx for your answer, but this english version is not out yet ?
The only full version that exist is the one in portugese ?

The English version is still being worked on by me.
It will not progress unless Ash sends me back the patch,
and I'm still waiting for his reply.

Oh, and SBP, thank you for your suggestions. I will take them and
edit LP to make it even better than before!

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2011
I have a question about some of the obtainable dragons. On the pokedex it says you can find gible and bagon on the right side of Dragonbreath city but nothing exists over there and I tried sweet scenting in MT draken, nothing exists. Is that a secret area?

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2011
I gotta say great hack. I already beat the zhery league, Only thing is I had to beat the elite four twice because Jasmine would'nt give me the ss ticket.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Yes, I'll change the music so that the cities and places
will change appropriate music. Unfortunately, Trainers will not share any
names at all. All of them will have a new name. (Custom)
Also, since I hate the cave and forest music in R/S/E, the caves and forests will either have the Game Corner, Lilycove Museum or the Slateport Museum music.

The English version is the translation of LP. It is heavily edited in Trainer names and Pokédex entries.
Also, all Trainer sprites will match their OWs,
unlike the original LP.
I'm sorry but I have to say this: LP isn't your hack. As such shouldn't the decisions about anything other than translating be left up to Wesley FG? According to what you say in the thread, you have permission to translate not make creative changes depending on what YOU like. It just annoys me to no end that you're here making all of these changes like you're a co-creator of the hack or something. At the end of the day I'll probably avoid the English patch since it won't be the exact same as Wesley intended it to be.

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2011
whats the problem?

I'm sorry but I have to say this: LP isn't your hack. As such shouldn't the decisions about anything other than translating be left up to Wesley FG? According to what you say in the thread, you have permission to translate not make creative changes depending on what YOU like. It just annoys me to no end that you're here making all of these changes like you're a co-creator of the hack or something. At the end of the day I'll probably avoid the English patch since it won't be the exact same as Wesley intended it to be.

Why do people have a problem with prince working on this hack?

1. Wesley gave him permission, which means he can make changes.
2. Since Wesley wasn't going to make a translated version, nor work on the rom, I'm glad prince has taken over, I would have been sad if an english version never came out for this game.

I have seen this hack forever and I have been really anticipating this, so I feel that people just need to let prince do this if you like the porteguese version better, no one is going to stop you, but I am really waiting for this hack, since I don't understand porteguese and I love stories in video games so I can't play without understanding what is going on. Please continue your work prince, looking forward to the hack.

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2011
Mt. Pyre music is fine. Unfortunately, Sealed Chamber music is not one of my favorites. Do you have any other suggestions?
Why I do have other suggestions!

How about you make a clean version.

Clean means "not horribly mangled".
Because using game corner music in caves equals horribly mangled.

By the way, it's revealed that a random Trainer named "Lancy" is Lance's son.
Who was, ahem, clever enough to give a character such a name?

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2011
hey i downloaded that game.. ITS GREAT man great job!!! but can u make an english version that works on gpsp? just a suggestion =) oh and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2021
After downloading the English beta version i can't get it to work on my computer. I'm using VBA 1.72 as emu and applied the patch through lisp to ruby.

So are there any specific settings for the emulator or should i use a different one.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Why I do have other suggestions!

How about you make a clean version.

Clean means "not horribly mangled".
Because using game corner music in caves equals horribly mangled.

Who was, ahem, clever enough to give a character such a name?

I'm not using Game Corner music for the caves anymore.
I'm using Mt. Pyre music or anything else that is acceptable for the caves.
Oh, and Wesley originally made the name Lancy.
Lancy is indeed Lance's son. Before you battle him, his quote is:
My name's Lancy, the son of Lance!

I'm not just the translator, I'm also the main editor. I have permission
to change whatever I hate. I'm asking for opinions because I'm trying to make LP better. Game Corner, Slateport Museum and Lilycove Museum are
no longer be the caves' music. Rather, they will all be replaced by Mt. Pyre or any other music that suits a cave.

Oh, and I just made another name change to a Gym Leader.
Esmeralda ------> Floria
Reason for name change: Isn't it weird to have a Gym Leader
named after Esmerald City?
Origin of name: Based on the word flora.

Oh, and QM, all of the changes I've made are just for the good of LP.
If you never tried it, how would you know that it'll turn out bad?

Last edited:

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
lol..i support this as well in a different way.
yes you have wesley permission, but everytime i see a post here i was always hoping for new updates on the game itself from wesly but it always changes from what i see in wesley site and the main post from what you changing.
But yeah some people still want to play the english version so it is not wrong..haha,

But i really want to try it too to see how it differs from the original..
You could always make another thread on a translated version..lol..[\S]

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

lol..i support this as well in a different way.
yes you have wesley permission, but everytime i see a post here i was always hoping for new updates on the game itself from wesly but it always changes from what i see in wesley site and the main post from what you changing.
But yeah some people still want to play the english version so it is not wrong..haha,

But i really want to try it too to see how it differs from the original..
You could always make another thread on a translated version..lol..[\S]

It doesn't differ a lot from the original version.
I'll be changing:
Difficulty of Trainers - Easier (Somehow)

Music - You will not hear the same music track over and over again.
Thanks to SBP, the music now matches every area.
Also, Leaders, Elite Four and Champion will NOT have normal Trainer music.
Instead, they will have suitable music.
Eg. Leaders will have Leader music, Elite Four will have Elite Four music and
Champion will have Champion music.

New PKMN are added. (Gallade, Glaceon, Leafeon, Mamoswine and Rhyperior)
Sadly, GBA Roms can only hold 5 evolution data, so Glaceon and Leafeon can't be evolved with Eevee. Instead, they can be caught in the wild.
Rhydon and Piloswine will evolve into Rhyperior and Mamoswine respectively
when they reach Lv. 55.

Kirlia will be evolve into Gallade when its Attack is higher than its Defense.

New cries are added. Now, almost every Gen 4 and 5 PKMN will have their suitable cries! (Except for the Gen 4 and 5 PKMN in the free 25 slots)

No more Japanese Gen 5 PKMN names! They will all have their English names.

Pokédex Entries are edited! In the original LP, Wesley is too lazy to edit Gen 5
PKMN entries. Well, in the English version, ALL of the Gen 5 PKMN (Except for Gen 5 PKMN in the 25 free slots) will have their corresponding entries inserted!

Name changes will be made to important people and Gym Leaders.
Also, every Trainer will have their own name. Those names
are custom made, and they will not be reused.

Jessica ---> Ariadna
Name origin: Comes from the Biology term, Arachnid.

Lucas ---> Lakie
Name origin: Comes from "lake".

Thomas ---> Auric
Name origin: Comes from "aura".

Terra ----> Mitsis ("Mitz" as the abbreviation)
Name origin: "Land" for Georgian.

Marina ---> Vatten ("Vatt" as the abbreviation)
Name origin: "Water" for Swedish.

Shirley ---> Shirl
Reason for name change: All admins in Team Steam
have custom names (Sheyla, Katyne). Well, Shirley is obviously
NOT a custom name, so I'm going to name her "Shirl" instead.

Rayner ---> Voltige
Name origin: Comes from "volt".

Decapitalization of every single name.
You name it. Towns, people names, PKMN have their names decapitalized.

That's pretty much I'm going to edit LP.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
It doesn't differ a lot from the original version.
I'll be changing:
Difficulty of Trainers - Easier (Somehow)

Music - You will not hear the same music track over and over again.
Thanks to SBP, the music now matches every area.
Also, Leaders, Elite Four and Champion will NOT have normal Trainer music.
Instead, they will have suitable music.
Eg. Leaders will have Leader music, Elite Four will have Elite Four music and
Champion will have Champion music.

New PKMN are added. (Gallade, Glaceon, Leafeon, Mamoswine and Rhyperior)
Sadly, GBA Roms can only hold 5 evolution data, so Glaceon and Leafeon can't be evolved with Eevee. Instead, they can be caught in the wild.
Rhydon and Piloswine will evolve into Rhyperior and Mamoswine respectively
when they reach Lv. 55.

Kirlia will be evolve into Gallade when its Attack is higher than its Defense.

New cries are added. Now, almost every Gen 4 and 5 PKMN will have their suitable cries! (Except for the Gen 4 and 5 PKMN in the free 25 slots)

No more Japanese Gen 5 PKMN names! They will all have their English names.

Pokédex Entries are edited! In the original LP, Wesley is too lazy to edit Gen 5
PKMN entries. Well, in the English version, ALL of the Gen 5 PKMN (Except for Gen 5 PKMN in the 25 free slots) will have their corresponding entries inserted!

Name changes will be made to important people and Gym Leaders.
Also, every Trainer will have their own name. Those names
are custom made, and they will not be reused.

Jessica ---> Ariadna
Name origin: Comes from the Biology term, Arachnid.

Lucas ---> Lakie
Name origin: Comes from "lake".

Thomas ---> Auric
Name origin: Comes from "aura".

Terra ----> Mitsis ("Mitz" as the abbreviation)
Name origin: "Land" for Georgian.

Marina ---> Vatten ("Vatt" as the abbreviation)
Name origin: "Water" for Swedish.

Shirley ---> Shirl
Reason for name change: All admins in Team Steam
have custom names (Sheyla, Katyne). Well, Shirley is obviously
NOT a custom name, so I'm going to name her "Shirl" instead.

Rayner ---> Voltige
Name origin: Comes from "volt".

Decapitalization of every single name.
You name it. Towns, people names, PKMN have their names decapitalized.

That's pretty much I'm going to edit LP.
My issue isn't really that you're making changes just that you are making quite a few unnecassary changes. For example the change of Esmeralda to Floria. Esmeralda is a nice name and the fact that she was named after a city adds to her character. Floria is just another generic "sounds-like-a-flower" name that you'd give a grass gym leader. [assuming she's a grass type leader]. Also Rayner to Voltige is another unnecessary change. If I recall correctly Rayner may come from Rayo the spanish word for thunderbolt/beam/lightning. Voltige is just another obvious pun [phonetically it would be pronounced like Voltage < bad pun], not to mention it doesn't even sound like a real name. Some of these names have their roots in spanish and or portuguese and I think, seeing as Wesley is Portuguese [or spanish], those names should remain. What I'm most confused about is why change Terra [from the spanish word for earth/land] to a name with Gorgian roots when Wesley isnt even from Georgia? Same goes for Marina. If you're going to go through with this those 4 names should remain the way they are.

smilewolfy

pokemon photographer
Years
I went to the website in the first persons sig and downloaded the rom from there. gonna play it soon but is that the final version? is there even a completed version?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I went to the website in the first persons sig and downloaded the rom from there. gonna play it soon but is that the final version? is there even a completed version?

Yes, it is. Unfortunately, it is NOT the English version.
It's not recommended to play the Portuguese version,
because you will get stuck and soon, you'll be so frustrated
on not knowing where to go and you'll quit playing it.

At least that's what I think on playing a hack in a language I don't
understand.

Back