• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Remake it Later...

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen were remakes of Pokémon Red and Green, which were released in 1996. They were released in 2004, 8 years later, in the third generation of Pokémon. Would you rather have waited until the forth or fifth generation for these remakes? Do you think that the better features they could have contained would have been worth the wait? What other features do you think would be added/changed if they would've been released later?

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
No, I would not rather have waited until 5th Gen.
Because then, it would not be possible to get Mewtwo in Gen III.
(And I prefer getting legendary birds from FR/LG than from XD)

gossamer

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I think it came out at a good time, I enjoyed those games so much and am actually replaying FireRed at the moment, these games are just so good! ^^

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think they came out at a great time, personally. They were nice for the time, however they set a nasty tone for the future, and if you've been reading the RSE remake speculation thread, you know what I mean. Apparently there's a pattern to some people lol.

Years
I think they came out at the right time, and were best suited for a 3rd gen release (I personally don't think D/P would have faired as well if there wasn't something bridging the gap between them and Emerald). That, and you truly wouldn't have been able to "Catch 'em all," as many of the original Pokemon couldn't even be found in Hoenn.

That being said, I can't help to think how much nicer the games would have been if they saw a DS release in the 4th gen, and that very well may have pushed HG/SS back to the 5th gen, or even later. Graphics wise, Fire Red/Leaf Green would have looked a lot better, and the Sevii Islands could have possibly been more expansive than they already were (might have even had enough extra space to add the Orange Islands, instead), but I'm still happy with what we ended up getting.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I think it came out at a perfectly great time because Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire included Kanto and some Johto Pokemon and we needed a game to include more Kanto and Johto Pokemon so we can complete our Pokedex's. Hopefully they'll make a remake of Ruby and Sapphire so we can experience Hoenn in the 5th generation.

:354:TG

KitsuneLugia96

Trainer Silver
Years
I think it came out at the right time. I liked the fact that the remade the 1st gen games back in 2004, with new graphics. I remember when it came out, and I got it and started playing it. The graphics were amazing! I liked it a little better than Sapphire and Ruby. I don't know what I would have done if Pokemon FR/LG didn't come out at that time. I would have had that level 100 Charazard I still have in the 4th generation games for 8 years.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I never played these games so I would'nt really know if they are good or not. but I'd want them, personally, made later so I could enjoy them in 'this moment's' graphics.

Rain Dancer

Wanderer
Years
Right time, yes! I agree.

Who knew we'd be going back in time after RSE, and getting those elusive first 150's in our GBA's.

Good times

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
Sure there could of be some cooler features but it came out perfect time, allowed for almost all pokemon to be caught and some other things to happen outside the game.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I think they were released at a pretty good time. There had been a long enough wait from when the original games were released that they could be enjoyed by all without feeling too repeated. If they were released later, I'm sure the mini-games like Pokémon Jump would get a big upgrade.

Pinta77

I think they came out at a decent time. I would have been willing to wait until gen 5 though.

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
They were released when they were there is no changing that and to be honest it doesn't really affect pokemon as a whole does it? remakes are remade versions of old games to keep up with the compatability of the new games, nowadays you can obtain every pokemon (minus event pokemon) via Fire Red, Leaf Green, Sapphire, Ruby, Diamond, Pearl, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black and White which on most cases you'll only need half of because of the post-story in the other games.

Years
I think they were released at a pretty good time. There had been a long enough wait from when the original games were released that they could be enjoyed by all without feeling too repeated. If they were released later, I'm sure the mini-games like Pokémon Jump would get a big upgrade.

Totally agree with ya. They were released at a suitable date, when people were starting to miss the originals a lot.

The time meant they could be successfully enjoyed without being too repetitive.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
If they are remade I think it would be epic if it was the last game (whenever that'll be) since it would have been the beginning and the end but with a new storyline and everything so it would be the best game ever (even though Hoenn is my favorite region) that would be the best situation ever but I doubt that'll happen...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
It was realeased on time, because R/S didn't contain the rest of the Pokemon who were axed from the Hoenn roster, combined with the fact that GBA games were incompactible with old GB games.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
I want to see they're remakes too, and we know no more pokemon on DS, so Pokemon X and Y graphics for any on coming remakes till a new hand held is released, but i think the next remakes to come will be Ruby and Sapphire

Years
I actually don't care when they did the remake, neither if they made it. Pokémon Red and Green at the time when they came out the first time was still a great game, yeah it didn't have the modern graphics and the new features, but still was good. Remake or not, it's always liked i think. I mean, if they did it in third generation or in forth, what's the difference? New graphics and features? It would still be a great game anyway.

Back