• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Adventurers in Training - D&D: Icewind Dale [IC][T]

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years

ADVENTURERS
IN TRAINING

D&D: Icewind Dale

The OOC thread is located here: Click me!

"What's happened to adventurers? It's all namby-pamby now – none of the legendary stuff like back in the good old days. Them youngsters could learn a thing or two from the legends of old, don't you think…? Say… you don't think there's any way to magic up that kind of experience, do you?"

"Oh, gods, I knew I'd regret owing you a favour someday…"

INTRODUCTION

Spoiler:

BACKGROUND

Adventurers in Training – D&D: Icewind Dale is a role-playing adventure based on the Black Isle Studios game: Icewind Dale, and may also go on to include the events of the Heart of Winter expansion. It takes inspiration from the rules of Dungeons and Dragons, but these rules will not be implemented within the roleplay to allow greater freedom and fewer complications.

(Disclaimer: I don't own anything to do with Icewind Dale or the D&D lore, nor do I own the ideas behind the statistics, spells, etc. It's pretty much just Tel and Demevir, who are OCs of mine. Don't know if I even need a disclaimer, but hey. You know the drill. I don't own things.)

Spoiler:

ALIGNMENTS

Spoiler:

RACES OF FAERÛN

Spoiler:

CLASSES

Spoiler:

STATS

Spoiler:

SPELLCASTING

Spoiler:

RULES

• PC rules apply.
• No godmodding.
• No bunnying, unless you are given permission by the character's owner.
• Try to post at least once a week.
• Note that if you haven't posted for two weeks you will be sent a warning. If you have not posted for a month, you will have to be removed from the RP. If you give reasoning for your absence beforehand, it is less likely you will be removed.
• Romance is allowed, but you know how it is. Don't go too far.
• This RP is rated (T), so stick to that. Don't go overboard on the gore.
• The code to check that you have read the rules is "Oh, and I should probably mention, I haven't read the rules, but I'll give you a fish to make up for it." Yeah, it's long, that's what copy and paste are for ;)
• Respect yourself, the GM and your fellow RPers.
• It is fine to disagree with decisions and suggest new ideas. Just no raging, alright? We're all friends here.

IMPORTANT CHARACTERS

Demevir 'The Interesting' Redbeard
Spoiler:

ACCEPTED CHARACTERS

Tel Karius Ravane - True Epicness
Emela Parmalomé - Godzil
Cassandra Alexandera - Raikiri (On hiatus)
Vash - <Challenger>
Xaltin - siiadams

IMPORTANT LOCATIONS

Easthaven (Present Day)

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Emela bustles about the shop, hurrying to finish all her last-minute tasks. The owner was used to her going on extended trips, and always wanted her to work her tail off before leaving. With a fearful glance outside to see what time it was, she waves goodbye to the owner, who stands behind the counter, nonplussed.

"Okay, all my tasks are done and I'm headed out now! See you later BYE!" She rushes out the door, slinging her backpack over her shoulders. She hurries toward the Winter's Cradle, barely stopping to talk to anyone. Except for that friendly dog, but she always talks to him.

"The Adventurers in Training Program is today! I really wanted to be there earlier, but things kept coming up! I'm really excited, but also a little nervous. There needs to be a word for that feeling. I'd love to chat more, but I'm late!" With that, she hurries off toward the Tavern, practically throwing the door open.

To her surprise, the place is relatively empty for this time of day. She'd thought she was late, but perhaps she's the first one here. "Oh good! At least they're not waiting on me. Ooh, I'm so nervicited!"

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Vash sat in a lonely clearing in the forest polishing his massive claymore. Hehe... Every single arrow in his quiver shined and glistened, and the tips were sharp enough to cut troll hide. Vash truly appreciated moments like this...Peace...Quiet...And weapons. "...Not quite yet." The ranger gritted his teeth and rubbed the oilcloth along the six-foot blade a few more times before he finally decided that it was clean enough. "...Time to go to head off to that meeting..."

---

The tall, dashing warrior stood on the outskirts of the village with a smirk on his face. Time to rock this town. Screw peace and quiet. Time for weapons, violence, and adventure! The smirk slowly transformed into a grin when he noticed an attractive young elf walk into the bar he was destined to meet at soon. Not yet...Gotta buy some stuff first. The ranger walked over to a nearby stall and purchased some snacks and a wineskin or two, only to stuff them into his sack.

A trip to the tavern next door and three tankards of ale later, the slightly-buzzed Vash walked out of the Blood Oak Tavern and grinned, his breath smelling only faintly of alcohol. Time to bust into that meeting with style. He walked over to the Winter's Cradle and kicked the door open. "The party has arrived!" Vash grinned and took a seat across from a bearded old man and a partially-masked figure. "Vash. You can call me Vash. I'm here for the program."

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Tel Ravane & Demevir Redbeard
Easthaven (present) – Winters' Cradle

"You're sure enough people got the message?"

Tel Ravane was growing impatient. He glanced down at his associate, a wild-eyed mage by the name of Demevir Redbeard. Demevir had chosen to sit down and order a drink – Tel, on the other hand, had nothing to occupy him. He hadn't even sat down, opting instead to simply stand, leaning on the back of his chair's headrest.

"Of course I'm sure. I can sense them," Redbeard replied, taking a sip of his wine. The wise tone of his voice was slightly offset in the fact that, despite moving slowly and carefully, the mage still managed to send half of the liquid trickling down his beard. Tel grimaced at the sight, turning away. There were surprisingly few patrons in the tavern at this time – perhaps he and Redbeard had scared them off – but the few who were there were enough to provide a light ambient chatter. The wooden floor, walls and ceiling were refurbished, but in truth they didn't look much better than they had a couple of centuries ago. Not only that but the barkeep, an enormous middle-aged woman, looked almost identical to the barkeep in the simulation. Perhaps that was just a misjudgement on Demevir's part, but to Tel it seemed almost as if the bar was trapped in time, which was somewhat fitting.

"My patience is slipping, Demevir."

"Then pull it back up, Tel. You wouldn't like to embarrass yourself, I'm sure."

Tel chuckled, "If I were truly worried about embarrassing myself, I'd have killed you long ago."

"And if I were truly worried about you killing me, I'd have baked a pie. Delicious pie."

"I… no comment."

As though the Adventurers in Training were driven by some kind of ravenous pie-sense, the first of the program's volunteers entered the tavern. The door was pushed open fairly forcefully, and the energetic elf stepped into the Winter's Cradle. She spoke as she came towards the two mages, seemingly creative in her vocabulary.

"Oh good! At least they're not waiting on me. Ooh, I'm so nervicited!"

"Hello there, young lady!" Demevir greeted, "I trust you are here for the Adventurers in Training program?"

Tel Ravane said nothing, attempting to size up the girl. She certainly gave the impression of naïve innocence – but then, looks can be deceiving, especially amongst elves. He nodded once to the elf in recognition, but he'd probably leave the talking to Redbeard. Or he would have done, were it not for a rather loud interruption. There was a bang and a crash followed by the words:

"The party has arrived!" The source of the noise made his way into the inn, kitted out in leather and grinning like a maniac. The tall human soon sat down opposite Redbeard and Tel, announcing that they could call him Vash and that he was here for the program.

"Can no-one open a door properly?" The spellsword murmured to himself.

"Another! Good!" Demevir was ever-enthusiastic. "Vash. Vash is nice. It has a rather… Vash kind of quality- anywho! Welcome, you two. As you probably know, I am Demevir Redbeard, Purveyor of the Adventurers in Training program, at your service. This is-"

"-Tel Ravane," The fighter/mage introduced himself. "Master swordsman and paragon of the arcane arts."

"Aghem, erm, yes. He is. Well then: do you have any questions before the simulation begins?"

Years
Emela nods excitedly when asked if she was part of the program. She would have started talking, but the door is slammed open rather loudly, drawing her attention. The large man saunters on over to the table, acting like he owns the place. With a thought, Emela channels her magic, casting a simple cantrip to shut the door.

She straightens up, giving both mages a polite bow. "Greetings, Demevir, Tel. I am Emela Parmalomé." She claps happily, giggling in excitement. "But just call me Emela! Or Emmy, if brevity's more your thing. I'm ready for adventure! And training, 'cuz I'm not very skilled at adventure yet. I mean, there's only so much adventure to be had around town, and while I go outside town a lot, there's not a lot of variety outside, either. And with two really powerful and famous mages leading us, how can this not be great?" After getting all that energy out, practically dancing in place and waving her arms around to accentuate her words, she sits down at the table, beaming at the group.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Xaltin strode into the town, purpose and determination driving him with each step. He took a few minutes to survey his new surroundings, noting where some of the more important buildings were: weapons shop, magic shop, stable, inn, bar. It was a tendency that he could never shake, a tendency that was fueled by his father who insisted on it everytime they entered a town or village. He let his gaze dance back and forth at the people that he passed by on the road. It didn't take long before he found the place - the Winter's Cradle - and quickly decided to check his bag one last time to make sure nothing was missing. Rifling through his bag and finding everything easily, he slung the bag back on his shoulder and entered the tavern.

Inside was a little dimmer than he was used to but he would put up with it. He slowly pushed the door closed and scanned the room, noticing that there weren't many patrons inside. His gaze soon rested on a pair of mages addressing another duo, a male and female. The male seemed to be a ranger from the weapons he had, while the female seemed to not have much on her. "Must be a mage," he thought as he looked to the others. One introduced himself as Tel, which kinda sent chills down Xaltin's spine. He heard rumors of a powerful battlemage that fit his description. "Then the other must be Demevir," he thought, hiding his enthusiasm and excitement. He had heard tales of those two in his travels (as well as his father's traveling party) and now he'd be along with them?

He couldn't help but smile as he approached where they all were gathered. He approached the table where the guy and girl were and nodded to the group, "I'm here for the Adventurers in Training simulation. I hope I didn't miss much. My name is Xaltin." With that out, he made a slight bow and sat down with the others, his attention focused on Demevir and Tel.

Back