• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Spiky's DS Map Editor (NOW OPEN-SOURCE)

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
LOL EASY go find it inside the black and white rom...I think it's a/0/1/4 just export the textures with tinke.

Ok how do insert them when i excport them out. And i wanna make them 3d looking

LOL EASY go find it inside the black and white rom...I think it's a/0/1/4 just export the textures with tinke.
then after that go edit tilesets from diamond with mkds and copy paste bw textures to diamond and reimport them with mkds.

What did you mean with copy and paste??

Last edited:

VERGUNDAI

RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
Years
Ok how do insert them when i excport them out. And i wanna make them 3d looking

What did you mean with copy and paste??

1.You edit the exported png with paint editor, then when your done save it.
2. Next the the export button for MKDS will be an import button.
3. Import the edited texture that you edited with PNG.
4. Pokemon Diamond has match-up tilesets which can be almost 3D.
But, HGSS I havnt found a way yet so you just have to stretch the tile copied from BW to fit the png file..

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
1.You edit the exported png with paint editor, then when your done save it.
2. Next the the export button for MKDS will be an import button.
3. Import the edited texture that you edited with PNG.
4. Pokemon Diamond has match-up tilesets which can be almost 3D.
But, HGSS I havnt found a way yet so you just have to stretch the tile copied from BW to fit the png file..

I dont found the wild pokemon grass tile in my dia´monds tileset. Do you know what name it have??

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
When i import a obj file to blender i only get a white map why?? And why can i not see objects in sketchup??

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Yep, someone really ought to try out this tool on a freshly installed Windows operating system, 'cause I've used this tool on every single computer, no matter which computer I use it on... the headers still won't save.

1. I open up my Pokémon Platinum ROM with SDSME150
  2. I change the weather value to "12" on Twinleaf Town (T01)
  3. I've clicked on "Save Header Data"
  4. Then I click "Save ROM"
  5. I save the ROM as "header-test"
  6. Then I close SDSME and reopen it again
  7. Then I open up the ROM that I've changed

And guess what? Nothing's changed at all, it's still exactly the same. xD

Am I the only one that is having this problem? If I am the only one on Earth that is having this issue... then why is it only happening to me?! o.o

VERGUNDAI

Years
Yep, someone really ought to try out this tool on a freshly installed Windows operating system, 'cause I've used this tool on every single computer, no matter which computer I use it on... the headers still won't save.

1. I open up my Pokémon Platinum ROM with SDSME150
  2. I change the weather value to "12" on Twinleaf Town (T01)
  3. I've clicked on "Save Header Data"
  4. Then I click "Save ROM"
  5. I save the ROM as "header-test"
  6. Then I close SDSME and reopen it again
  7. Then I open up the ROM that I've changed

And guess what? Nothing's changed at all, it's still exactly the same. xD

Am I the only one that is having this problem? If I am the only one on Earth that is having this issue... then why is it only happening to me?! o.o

Yep, looks like a bug...(unless Spiky didn't know about it)(needs FIX)

Pike15: You need to export with textures by the 3DView on Spiky's tool.
Then import it on Sketchup and click no to triangulate polygons/and yes to flip xyz.
Also click dont ignore materials.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Yep, looks like a bug...(unless Spiky didn't know about it)(needs FIX)

Pike15: You need to export with textures by the 3DView on Spiky's tool.
Then import it on Sketchup and click no to triangulate polygons/and yes to flip xyz.
Also click dont ignore materials.

i can see the map the only i wonder now is how do i convert the file i edit so i can import it to a rom??

VERGUNDAI

Years
i can see the map the only i wonder now is how do i convert the file i edit so i can import it to a rom??

If you have the obj file then just import them into 3DS Max 6 or Maya 7.(they need nintendo plugins)
There is a thread by PokeShinySilver about how to convert the files....

Also if anyone fiqured out how to use the nintendo plugins on 3DS Max 8 please tell me I'm still on 3DS MAX 6 which is annoying...
Or If you have a cracked version of Maya 7 please send it to me..

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
If you have the obj file then just import them into 3DS Max 6 or Maya 7.(they need nintendo plugins)
There is a thread by PokeShinySilver about how to convert the files....

Also if anyone fiqured out how to use the nintendo plugins on 3DS Max 8 please tell me I'm still on 3DS MAX 6 which is annoying...
Or If you have a cracked version of Maya 7 please send it to me..

Do you know how to edit buildings???

VERGUNDAI

Years
I don't think the plugins are compatible with 3DS Max 8, if memory serves.

As well, it doesn't really matter what program you export your model from - All IMD files are the same in the end. All that would be different is the editing interface the program uses.

Blender won't view the textures, I don't think. And as for objects, houses and whatnot will not be exported as they're separate from the map model.

I've finally converted my imd files but it gets warnings for truncated files and when I import them to Spiky's Editor it just shows part of the map with colored textures.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I've finally converted my imd files but it gets warnings for truncated files and when I import them to Spiky's Editor it just shows part of the map with colored textures.

How did you do that?? And do you know how to insert new buildings into diamond??

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
IDK about that I just get texture fail for each new building i add.

on 3DS Max 6 sucks my edited map won't load trees/ but only colored textures...

that sucks. Have you succesfully imported any map?? And are you working on rse remake and if so. How far have you came

XxBestOnXx

NDS Hacker/ Youtube Graphic
Years
Is it also possible to IMPORT them as .PNG?
Yes, use MKDS, extract the map with "Export 3d model" in Spiky's Ds map and open it with MKDS
after do right click and Show textures... done!

P.S= Spiky can you in the next version deepen the event editor?
In wich map, the warps in wich place ecc...
Also the overworlds
Please =)
Ah, can you do the tools that edit the texture in the place?

Bye,
XxBestOnXx

VERGUNDAI

Years
Yes, use MKDS, extract the map with "Export 3d model" in Spiky's Ds map and open it with MKDS

Also the overworlds
Please =)

Bye,
XxBestOnXx

I'd love to have an event editor that has the names of the event.
Time will come, we just have to wait for Spiky's Suprises!

-Oh BTW I imported a map but this is what I get:
An part of the the map but too big so you can see everything dark, there is texture but there are no trees-like textures. it looks 2d?

YORAMRW

8-bit producer & Pokémon GB music hacker
Years
It means you can edit models in Blender, yes. Or in any other program that supports OBJ models. However, converting them back to the NDS format is the hard part, and for now you'll be forced to use Nintendo-made plugins.

Where can you find the Nintendo plugins, I have already Googled it.

PS: I am YORAMRW from YouTube.

Also the overworlds
Please =)

Bye,
XxBestOnXx

======== Thanks! ========

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
The issue with SDSME that makes it impossible to save... seems to be the same kind of issue that I get from trying to save the changes on PPTXT. Obviously it happens on any freshly installed Windows operating system, I kind of wonder if it has something to do with not putting the .dll files into the system32 folder? Well I can always try it out and see if that makes any difference with the program.

But still... that saving issue is very weird, it makes me wonder... how come is there people that are able to save the changes on the program? Am I really the only one that is having this problem?

Kaphotics

♥ Quick Claw Guillotine ♥
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2018
The issue with SDSME that makes it impossible to save... seems to be the same kind of issue that I get from trying to save the changes on PPTXT. Obviously it happens on any freshly installed Windows operating system, I kind of wonder if it has something to do with not putting the .dll files into the system32 folder? Well I can always try it out and see if that makes any difference with the program.

But still... that saving issue is very weird, it makes me wonder... how come is there people that are able to save the changes on the program? Am I really the only one that is having this problem?

I've noticed that PPTXT doesn't save changes if you add lines, because it's not programmed to add lines.

The structure of the text file contains a header which PPTXT won't edit to add more text lines. I've had success with editing currently existing lines with PPTXT (and I show how I do edits in my basic B2W2 script tutorial video)

You shouldn't need to put the .dll's in system32, they can be in the same folder the program is running from (and the program will be able to use them there). I don't know what you're editing so I can't help you in regards to that :}

Back