• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
Wow, that sounds really fortunate! The booster box contained 36 packs, right? With my luck I would've had at least half the cards be duplicates. The whole set of uncommons is always challenging to collect (barring Blaine's Quiz 2 for your case). I'm glad that you acquired a couple of your most wanted cards from that set, I know that feeling :3

Thanks for the kind words, I was really looking forward to getting this set. and to answer your question yes this box had 36 packs and the pack ratio was 6 common, 3 uncommon, 1 rare or holo and 1 energy card. I was getting kinda worried toward the end I was missing 4 uncommon cards and I pulled 3 of the 4 uncommon cards I needed in one of my last 3 packs. I had to take a double take when I seen them.

I hope you have good luck in your future packs :) .

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
Well back from my local target and got about 12 plasma freeze booster packs and here is a list of the rares I pulled.

Beedrill .........reverse Holo
Exeggutor x2
Cacturne
Leafeon x2
Reshiram Holo rare
Muk
57/116 Cofagrigus........ reverse holo
Nidoking
Weavile
Bisharp
Steelix
Kingdra holo rare
Ghetsis ......reverse holo

Well not the best pulls there, though I do like the 2 Leafeons, Kindgra, and the Ghetsis, I wasnt to impressed by anything else. Plus the Frozen Electrode still evades my grasps. :(

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Decided to get some more Boundaries Crossed packs from the Meiger where I got the Keldeo and White Kyurem Ex's as well as the 2 Keldeo's and reverse White Kyurem. I got 7 packs, rares

Keldeo
White Kyurem (Thought I had wiped them out of these in the last 5 packs.
Victini
Victini (Thought I might get a regular Victini ex, only have it in Legendary Treasures)
Toxicroak
Meloetta Holo
Scolipede Holo
Reverse Victini
Reverse Shaymin

The holos are new, but also warped. It seems every holo from this set is now warped in the package.

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
Hello everyone, back again, I didnt plan on buying any more cards for a while, but a local store had them on sale today and i had to get some of them on sale. So I got 11 packs of plasma blast and here is the rares that I got.

Masquerain x3
Cradily x2
Blastoise Holo rare
Mesprit..... Reverse Holo
Azelf
Sigilyph Holo rare
50/101 machamp
Archeops holo rare
Jirachi Ex

Well for the packs being on sale, I think I got pretty good pulls, Really happy about the jirachi EX, the Blastois, azelf and the Mesprit. Didnt care for the 3x masquerain as i really dont like this card, only up side to it is it is splashable into almost any deck with 3 colorless cost of attack.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
Hello everyone, back again, I didnt plan on buying any more cards for a while, but a local store had them on sale today and i had to get some of them on sale. So I got 11 packs of plasma blast and here is the rares that I got.

Masquerain x3
Cradily x2
Blastoise Holo rare
Mesprit..... Reverse Holo
Azelf
Sigilyph Holo rare
50/101 machamp
Archeops holo rare
Jirachi Ex

Well for the packs being on sale, I think I got pretty good pulls, Really happy about the jirachi EX, the Blastois, azelf and the Mesprit. Didnt care for the 3x masquerain as i really dont like this card, only up side to it is it is splashable into almost any deck with 3 colorless cost of attack.

I love the jirachi EX from that set. And look at my new card!
bw1_114-114fa_zekrom__full_art_.jpg

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Got 11 packs today, 8 Plasma Blast and 3 XY

My rares
Krookodile Rev, Bibarel Rev, Delphox, Greninja and Bisharp

For Plasma Blast

Volcarona
Accelgor
Golurk
Aggron
Froslass
Azelf
Machamp
Virizion Ex

The Virizion is a duplicate although the last one I got in the booster box.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Great pull there man, believe it or not that card Zekrom Full art was my very first, and one of only a few, full art cards that I have currently.
Same for me :D My first FA was that Zekrom and it's also only one of two FAs that I own (the other is Reshiram EX from Next Destinies).
can i haz ur cardz plz

Seriously jealous of you all. 22 packs of XY for me so far and NOT A SINGLE EX.

And I thought 7 packs would give me good odds x_X

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
I went back to the store that had the cards on sale, and I bought the rest of the Plasma blast packs they had left witch was 15 packs, and here were the rares I pulled.

Masquerain
Accelgor
Suicune
Carracosta x2
Drifblim x2
Azelf
Reuniclus
Machamp
machamp Holo Rare
Esclavier
Haxorus Holo Rare x2
Cradily........ Reverse Holo
Volcarona........ Reverse Holo
Mesprit........ Reverse Holo

and Finally......... Dialga Full Art

Well the pulls were alright, i love the full art Dialga , Volcarona, Suicune, Machamp, and Esclavier, though I didnt care for the Masquarain or Haxorus though. For being on sale though, it was pretty good.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
So yesterday I went to Target and noticed they had a bunch of 2012 Fall tins out, I had bought a Mewtwo in the past but wanted to get Rayquaza and Darkrai.

I didn't get them, but then today I went back and they had been picked over, there was only one Rayquaza tin left.

My rares in the Rayquaza tin

Tornadus Full Art #3
Volcarona
Infernape
Togekiss Reverse
Zapdos Ex

So 2 ex's and a holo in one tin.

My rares in the Darkrai tin Bisharp, Uxie, Skarmory, Sharpedo rev and Braviary.

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
I also went to target and got 5 plasma blast booster packs. Here is the rares I pulled.
Suicune........ reverse Holo
Froslass
kyurem EX
golurk Holo rare
Reuniclus
Porygon Z holo Rare
Masterball......... What i think is a Reverse Holo witch is pretty cool.

for only 5 packs these were really good pulls. I really like pretty much everything that I got for rares, except for maybe the frosslass, but that is still a pretty good pull as I dont have one yet. My favorite card this time is the masterball, just a great card with almost no drawbacks.

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
Well, here are 5 more plasma blast packs.

Rares
-Uxie
-Mesprit Holo Rare
-Accelgor
-Cradily
-Carracosta
-Escavalier Reverse Holo

Well with these 5 packs, that puts me up to 1 pack short of a booster box worth. Over all the pulls from these 5 packs were ok, nothing to special, though I really like the Reverse holo Escavalier, seeing how much I like Metal types in the card game.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Got some packs from Walmart today

I got a 3 pack with a Storm, Blast and HSUndaunted pack

My rares were Sharpedo, Mespirit Holo and Scizor Holo from HSUndaunted

Then I got a Deoxys Tin, I got a Kingdra Holo, Suicune, Haxorus Holo, Porygon Z Rev, Druddigon Rev and a Lugia Ex

I also got 4 XY packs, nothing to note except Furfrou and Gourgeist Rev.

I also got 5 Plasma Blast packs and again nothing to note except a Haxorus Rev and a Sigilyph Holo.

New cards include Haxorus Holo, Haxorus Rev(Didn't get either of these in the booster box/numerous packs), Lugia Ex, Furfrou, Sigilyph, Gourgeist Rev, Druddigon Rev and all of the Undaunted cards even though I don't collect them I do keep one pack from any set I don't collect so glad it was this one. I'm contemplating getting another Booster box, if I did it would probably either be Next Destinies, Plasma Storm, Dargons Exalted or another Plasma Blast.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
Well I went back to the store that had the cards on sale and they had 9 more plasma blast packs avaiable, so i bought them and here is what I pulled. This will be my last time buying plasma blast packs btw, so here is hopeing I get something good.

Here are the rares.
Mesprit reverse
Azelf Reverse
Masquerain Reverse
Volcaronia Reverse
Frosslass Reverse

Frosslass X2
Volcaronia
Blastoise Holo Rare
uxie
machamp Holo Rare
Houndoom Holo Rare
reuniclus
and the final pack of plasma blast I pulled........palkaia Ex

Well for being the final round of plasma blast packs that I will buy, I pulled pretty good cards here. Really like the blastoise, Houndoom, Volcaronia, Frosslass Reverse and of course, the Palkia Ex.

now for a overall review of all my pulls from this set. i pulled a total of 1 Full art card, Dialgia: 3 Ex cards, Jarachi Ex, Palkia Ex, and kyruim ex, I pulled 1 Ace Spec card, masterball, and all of those cards are incredible, jarachi in my opinion is the weakest of them all though and kinda hard to use, for being an ex that is.

Here is the stuff I never pulled, Excludeing Full arts and Ultra Rares that is.Virizon Ex, Genesect Rare, geneseet Ex, Wartortle uncommon, Elektross Holo Rare, Aggron Rare, Salamance Holo Rare, Daliga Ex, G Booster Ace Spec, G scope Ace Spec, and Scoop Up Cyclone Ace Spec. Really confused as to why I never pulled a Wartortle, and I really would of liked to pull some kind of Genesect as well.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Got a Xerneas tin and got an Yveltal ex, I have two full arts but was looking for the regular version. Also got a Blastoise Holo and an Emolga full art from the LT.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2020
Was at my local conventoin, Planet Comicon, and bought 5 packs of EX Power Keepers:

Pack 1:
Rare Omastar
Reverse Holo Zangoose

Pack 2:
Shiftry EX
Reverse Holo Root Fossil HP 40

Pack 3:
Salamence EX
Reverse Holo Pichu

Pack 4:
Rare Pichu
Reverse Holo Charmander

Pack 5:
Rare Blaziken
Reverse Holo Water Energy

Years
My XY pack count without an EX is up to 30 now after buying the Xerneas and Yveltal tins as well as the pin blister packs of those two.

Xerneas tin did give me an Ace Spec and Victini EX, though, and the Yveltal tin did give me another Ace Spec and a full art Emolga. Both of the Ace Spec ones were the Genesect onces, mind.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Was at my local conventoin, Planet Comicon, and bought 5 packs of EX Power Keepers:

Spoiler:
It's always nice when you find an ex series booster containing an ex card during this time, especially 2 out of 5 :D
My XY pack count without an EX is up to 30 now
Is that normal? D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back