• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thoughts on moves that cannot miss?

Years
Yes. This time I want to ask my dear PC about their thoughts on moves that can always hit.
The moves I'm talking about are very well known, for example: Shock Wave, Faint Attack, Swift, Aerial Ace. There are also other, but these seem to be very popular.

What is your overall opinion about them?

Do you guys use them in competitive battles or just in-game?

What is the most common move used by PC? What is your favorite?

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
I've been playing through Pokémon Ruby Destiny: Life of Guardians recently. I randomly decided to put Magical Leaf on my Gardevoir, and it's been really useful on the loads of trainers that spam Double Team. I just Calm Mind whilst they waste their time double teaming, then one-hit them.

I don't really do competitive battling, but I see why they'd have their uses. Ultimately, though, due to their generally low power, they wouldn't always be such a good move to have.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I like the idea, but most moves that always hit are more on the weak side, barring Aura Sphere. Other than that, they're quite good. They do help when you're dealing with things that like to spam Double Team, like Ninjask. A good Aerial Ace to it will kill it in one hit.

Years
These moves were always handy to have, especially against foes who spammed accuracy/evasion modifiers. Aerial Ace was my fave of the bunch since it can hit any target in triple battles and it has wide distribution.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
I remember when I beat the Elite Four on Sapphire, I beat someone (can't remember who) with Absol's Arial Ace.. Made me like that move a lot.

The moves are definitely more useful in-game, as evasion attacks are banned in competitive. But, say if you have a Pokemon with moves that have low accuracy, and your opponent is there with just a wee-bit of health. Then those moves are very useful.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Like most people have said, it's really useful against double team abusers.

And one more thing, that fog in the 4th gen games man, if you didn't have a defog, you will be missing and missing, that's why, an aerial ace is always handy sometimes.

Years
Like most people have said, it's really useful against double team abusers.

And one more thing, that fog in the 4th gen games man, if you didn't have a defog, you will be missing and missing, that's why, an aerial ace is always handy sometimes.

I never bothered getting Defog on those games and I can't think why.

Anyway, I love having these moves and they're necessary for in-game battles for all the Double Team Abuse and also the Grimers & Muks using Minimize repeatedly. As everyone else has said, they'd probably see very limited use competitively due to their low power.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I've always disliked trainers who decide to throw on Double Team/Minimize or whatever they carry nowadays in their Pokemon's wide arsenal. It gets frustrating after a few misses, and throw on a few more Minimizes and it seems you'll never hit the thing. I've always really liked moves that could never miss, they are extremely useful in-game wise and can also prove to work quite well competitively, although to be honest you rarely see people use Smokescreen and those sorts of moves.

My favourite would honestly have to be Aura Sphere. It hits the hardest and packs a punch. Aerial Ace would be a second favourite and there were a few others that I can't exactly remember the name of.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Of all the never miss moves, I have to admit that Spore is one of my favourites in game :) It's just awesome in all its awesomeness!

Other than Spore, I like Aerial Ace and Shock Wave - my other two most used :) They're pretty handy for the evasion spammers :)

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
Certainly; yup! They are supremely useful against evasion- oriented trainers/or pokemon. In regards to their use in competitive battles, yes, as they can be advantageous, as the aforementioned said.

Years
No matter what game I'm playing, I always try to have at least one Pokemon in my party with one of these moves that can't miss, since you never know when you'll run into a battle where an opponent will keep using Double Team or something (my most recent Pokemon to learn this is Lucario with Aura Sphere).

Even when I'm not facing a Pokemon that keeps boosting its evasion or lowering my accuracy, it still nice to have a move to fall back on that you know will work every time, as long as there's another Pokemon to hit it with.

Years
What is your overall opinion about them?
-I think you're better off mostly utilising them in-game rather than for competitive usage, but it is useful to have at least one of these moves on a Pokemon is competitive battles.

Do you guys use them in competitive battles or just in-game?
In-game mostly

What is the most common move used by PC? What is your favorite?
I don't know about PC, but my personal favourites are Aerial Ace and Faint Attack.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think these set of moves are sort of a lifesaver that takes care of any trainer which relies on lowering accuracy or using evading strategies.

I'm usually not using such moves except for Aura Sphere due to its high attack power, except when I use it in-game.

Of course Aura Sphere is my number one favorite, with Aerial Ace the second.

Back