• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gotta arange em all! PC Boxes

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
Do others arrange their PC boxes? Do you re-name them? If so, in what ways do you guys arrange them?

I've been arranging mine by type, since it's just so much easier to find the pokemon I need, that way, instead of having random types cluttered together in all the boxes. Since I made a commitment to start off my X game as a set type trainer (that being fire), my fire babies take up the first box; which I've named accordingly. My other boxes are also named to reflect which type of Pokemon go in them. Box 2 is Normal, Box 3 is Normal2, Box 4 is a dual box meant for both Ghost*Psychic, then Dark*Poison, Flying*Fairy, Steel*Bug, then Dragon, Ice*Electric, Water, Grass, Ground*Rock, Fighting, the Legendaries get their own box, and all the other free boxes are fodder for Wonder Trades, or all my hundreds of Eevee eggs (damn you, shiny Eevee, why you elude me?)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 22, 2014
For the first part of my gamr I arranged my boxes by levels so I could work on evolving and filling my Pokedex. Now it's arranged by type since I have more room and can concentrate on battling and breeding. The last boxes I have full of dittos and HA females to breed.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
i have 1 box for each type, sort each pokemon based on their first type, then i have 2 boxes for eggs, 2 for wonder trade, 1 for legendaries, 1 for starters, 1 for level 100s, 2 for ev trained. and i just move unused boxes to wherever i need extra

Years
  • Age 31
  • US
  • Seen Dec 4, 2013
I go by type, and I'm actually starting to need more than one box for several types haha.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
My Box 3, idk why 3, has all my important Pokemon like my shinies, my main game team, etc. 1 and 2 have all the random Pokemon I've caught along the way, and 4-28 have the eggs I've hatched and a box of Friend Safari Swanna haha. Not exactly organized, but works for me, at least until I have to get rid of all these eggs Pokemon/

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
I arrange PC boxes by type, as do most people (I believe.)
In the types boxes, I put the Pokemon I use the most or need to train/evolve for Dex entries near the top

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
For the first part of my gamr I arranged my boxes by levels so I could work on evolving and filling my Pokedex. Now it's arranged by type since I have more room and can concentrate on battling and breeding. The last boxes I have full of dittos and HA females to breed.
I'd imagine organizing boxes by level would be too frustrating for me. Just way too much switching and sending Pokemon from one box to another. With organization by type, they can just stay where they in the same box as their own type.

icelovebunnies9

Ghastly Dragon
Years
I also arrange my boxes by type. But while I am going through the storyline of the game, I don't arrange them in types and I just place them in a random order. I normally rearrange it once I finish the game. I also have boxes for Pokemon that I'm trading away, and Pokemon I use for battles. In my White 2 game, I had boxes for Dream World Pokemon that I had.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Dec 3, 2014
My first box has all my important Pokemon and I have one box for Wonder trade, 2 for all my eggs that were hatched >.< and just random Pokemon in the other boxes

Guy

just a guy
Years
I used to arrange my PC Boxes by type with a matching wallpaper to go with, but I haven't done that since Diamond. I've had the sudden urge to start organizing them again in Y though. Now that I've been Wonder Trading a lot and want to start Super Training my Pokémon and working up teams for online battles and the Battle Maison, it might help to keep certain Pokémon separate from others.

Moved this to PGC since it's not something that's very specific to just X and Y by the way.

Years
Yesterday I started to sort them by egg group, I thought that would be useful for breeding and all. But I haven't really found an effective way to do this seeing as most pokémon are in two egg groups.

I usually arrange them by type though.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
I have my Boxed Pokemon arranged by how they're used, or something they have in common, like being shiny or foreign, or a legendary Pokemon.

braixen

the supreme meme
Years
I still need to rearrange my boxes lol. The first three of mine are filled with pokemon I'm interested in. Then I have 2 boxes full of dittos, a box for 3 iv dittos, a box for trading, a box for unhatched eggs, and a box full of fennekins.

NRG

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 9, 2015
first 3 are filled with story captures
battle box has my team so far while breeding, to the left of that is my dittos, left of that are my breeding boxes.

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
At first, I don't care about the boxes, but around halfway through my journey, I usually feel the need to arrange my boxes by type, beside Pokemon in my party and legendaries. I really have no idea why, I've just always done it (gaming OCD I guess).

Pike Queen

La Exorcista
Years
I don't, usually because I don't catch enough Pokemon to feel the need to. I've never focused on filling the Pokedex, just making a strong in-game team. In my boxes are mostly HM slaves and Pokemon that I obtained or were given to me.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Ever since Gen IV I'e arranged my box. When I have a huge myriad of pokemon it helps to order them in order of type or specialties because it can help me find them at short notice. I normally would label the boxes legendary or shiny or ev'd. I have yet to rearrange my boxes for Gen VI though, I really need to get onto that!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I'm arranging my PC Box at some point, to separate the Level 100 Pokémon with not-fully trained Pokémon, because I can find it easier to search for powerful Pokémon this way.

Back