• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
:D exactly!
just so you guys know
OFFSET~ A "spot" inside a "file" used in a "hex" editor which contains things like "02 0A FE CD" one "byte" = XX or 1X where x can be a number between 1 and 9 or a letter a through F
by default i think a PKMN rom comes with 32 mb (lots of bytes) so an offset to a script tells you where that script is at in the file (your ROM file) and that is where your bytes to your script are at

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
ah no regualar pokemon rom is 16mb you can make it 32 by expanding it also what text do we yous insted of mesage box 0x80000 what do we put ? message@1 ?

ChazZeromus

I choose ME! GO! Hyper Beam!
Years
I looked at the source and realize how monolithic it was...you should have included a table of contents in your source XD

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
I looked at the source and realize how monolithic it was...you should have included a table of contents in your source XD
And maybe a reference manual, I'm pretty sure I abuse 1-letter variables and reuse wrongly-named variables because I always lose my place in the code if I scroll to the top of the function in its current state ;)... also, in both PKSV and PKSV-UI, I used a "goto" statement... hehe... it makes much more sense in PKSV, but in PKSVUI I could have used a function call with some local variables passed to it.

PKSV source (as opposed to PKSVUI) is only accessible through SVN, by the way.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2009
Okay I know how to use the programme to edit existing scripts but making new scripts just wont work and I've tried a lot already

BryanDX

Rookie detective
Years
what about ruby

This just has unused flags and offsets for Firered.I think it should have unused flags and offsets for Ruby to.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
This just has unused flags and offsets for Firered.I think it should have unused flags and offsets for Ruby to.
The list is filled with default flags, but as I said (in the "read this" message), it's not exhaustive, it's only filled in as an example - it is there for you to be able to record your usage of flags. As long as you don't use the flags for badges and menu items where you shouldn't, then pretty much every flag is free. I advise you start at 0x200 or 0x500.

It does not, however, have a list of unused offsets - the offsets presented there were of related script. To get an unused offset, you just have to compile a script using dynamic offsets.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
The list is filled with default flags, but as I said (in the "read this" message), it's not exhaustive, it's only filled in as an example - it is there for you to be able to record your usage of flags. As long as you don't use the flags for badges and menu items where you shouldn't, then pretty much every flag is free. I advise you start at 0x200 or 0x500.

It does not, however, have a list of unused offsets - the offsets presented there were of related script. To get an unused offset, you just have to compile a script using dynamic offsets.

Those flags are used by the game.
Many flags around 0x200 and 0x500 are used.
Your best bet would be to use flags starting at 0x1000, since there are NO flags after it that are used in the game.
The truly FREE flags range from 0x1000 to 0x3FFF... that is 12287 free flags, more than enough to accommodate even the largest hacks.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Yes, but most hacks would not include most of the original game (same sprites, towns, and scripts), would they? ;)

Those flags are used by level scripts, and most people don't bother removing them.
Lots of errors can occur later in game if those flags are tampered with.
Like I said before, just use 0x1000 - 0x3FFF...
that is 12287 flags free, not even the biggest hacks use that many.

M4CK_M4YN3

Felix_The_Cat
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2012
good program i just think the script genorator could use some work it doesntr work to well for me

videoman

I'm no hero. And never was.
Years
Ideas for the script editor....Maybe an easier way to make special cutscene scripts?

I HAVE AN IDEA! How about somehow making a script generator that lets you make cut scenes easier...Like the cut scene in Shiny Gold (originally from Pokemon G/S/C). I have always wondered how to make a cool cut scene like that..but never was able to do so. I think that making a script generator for that kind of thing would be AWESOME!
but that's just what i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back