• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

>Dante< Tutorial: How to change correctly the Intro hero in FR/LG

Years
Well,in this example,we can auto fix the pointer.
But when changing the Battle Text Box,we can't.
Because autofix will change something not only the real pointer.(In my case,it fixed about 10 "pointers",and game crashed...)
I don't know if I'm the only case of this ,just a notice.

Mr

Just call me Mister
Years
This is an awesome tutorial! The best I have seen on the forum so far! Thanks Dante!

Edit: I have the same problem as Taichi. How can we fix it?

Last edited:

-MéWtH2-

MEWTH2 kicks butt . . .
Years
Thanks! It works but I wish you could help for those who don't have PHOTOSHOP, because it's so expensive ( well for me it is. :) ).

Well, overall its a great tut!

Oh, can GIMP do the samething as Photoshop?

slyViper

The Loving Wolf
Years
I've gotta say, and I'm sure this actually goes without saying, this is INCREDIBLY informative, it is definitely putting me one step closer to my goal of finishing a game =D

ChaosNinjat

Dragon Ranger
Years
I'm having a problem when I'm saving the Palette. When I'm on the screen with the character sprite, I go on to palette viewer and save my palette as an .ACT, but then I go to import it in photoshop, and the saved palette isn't there, ie. it's not saved at all. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I'm having a problem when I'm saving the Palette. When I'm on the screen with the character sprite, I go on to palette viewer and save my palette as an .ACT, but then I go to import it in photoshop, and the saved palette isn't there, ie. it's not saved at all. Does anyone know why this is happening?
Did you click on the drop down box? It should be:
Files of Type: Color Table(*.ACT)
Either that, or you haven't saved properly.
When I'm in palette view do I have to save them one by one, or can I do it a faster better way?
What? You only save once.

Dylanmessina

Awesomely Awesome.
Years
Did you click on the drop down box? It should be:
Files of Type: Color Table(*.ACT)
Either that, or you haven't saved properly.

What? You only save once.
Well, in the tutorial he has Made a box with about three rows of colours starting from green. So what your saying I only have to Do the green one and it saves them all?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
You click on "save BG" and it saves that row of palettes.

Shadow Dawn

A New Dawn
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2010
I'm having a problem when I'm saving the Palette. When I'm on the screen with the character sprite, I go on to palette viewer and save my palette as an .ACT, but then I go to import it in Photoshop, and the saved palette isn't there, ie. it's not saved at all. Does anyone know why this is happening?
I'm having the same problem. I save it as a .atc, but it's not available in Photoshop. So i check the folder. It's there, but it's saved as a .pal file. So I try again. I make cure to choose .atc. Same thing happens. Try it in a different location. Same. I try opening it in IrfanView. It says the .pal File is invalid. Tried opening in in APE. Same...

So, not only does it refuse to save as a .act, but the .pal file is invalid as well.

EDIT: I managed to fix this by downloading an old version of VBA. Google "VisualBoy Advance version 1.6"

Last edited:

PKMN Trainer Alison

I'll follow you into the dark.
Years
This tutorial is exactly what I needed! Every time I tried to edit a sprite it went blocky.

Also i just wanted to know, are Kyledove's sprite free to use? I'd love to use the may one in my hack.

Kwajah

i'm close to the edge
Years
Is this possible with no$gba? Because visualboy wont work on my pc, i've downloaded 3 different versions but they just don't work :(

stinger123

I wish to learn .!PKM HACKING!
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2010
Is this possible with no$gba? Because visualboy wont work on my pc, i've downloaded 3 different versions but they just don't work :(
Make sure to get the one of the official website and download one for windows (or the version that supports the OS you have) and not be debugging version or any other crap like that!
Hope it works :)

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
I hate to post this, because I'm sure it's somewhere, but where is the sprite for the trainer cards? I've searched the forums and I even searched all over unlz, but I can't find them anywhere >:o

If someone can answer me, please let me know. That's the only part I can't get to match the rest of my sprites.

I'm having the same problem. I save it as a .atc, but it's not available in Photoshop. So i check the folder. It's there, but it's saved as a .pal file. So I try again. I make cure to choose .atc. Same thing happens. Try it in a different location. Same. I try opening it in IrfanView. It says the .pal File is invalid. Tried opening in in APE. Same...

So, not only does it refuse to save as a .act, but the .pal file is invalid as well.

EDIT: I managed to fix this by downloading an old version of VBA. Google "VisualBoy Advance version 1.6"

Simple fix. It is actually created as a .act file, but you're going to have to rename it to bg.act instead of bg.pal

This gba has an error with it where it ignores the variable title, and the variable extension, but it does create it as the right file type, but labels it incorrectly. That was a scripting error on their part.

Last edited:
Years
Thnx for the tut =)

Btw have you tried the same method to change the rival's sprite, because no matter what i do i always end up with
error3.png

Back