• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 11, 2020
How about make the XSE more simpler like the PKSVUI

If you don't what PKSVUI is click
here -->
Spoiler:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
How about make the XSE more simpler like the PKSVUI

If you don't what PKSVUI is click
here -->
Spoiler:

I'm actually against any sort of script generators. They're barely useful, and won't help you learn how to make scripts because you can click a button or two, and there it is: done.
I don't really see the point. You can always copy a decompiled script and edit it to suit your needs.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
HackMew, is there a possibility of A-Ptch creating smaller files?
The current APS files are up to 20 times larger than an IPS file.

Unlike IPS/UPS, the APS chunks always have 65536 bytes. If there are few differences, though, most of those bytes will be zero-filled.
The solution is easy: just zip them.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Then how come IPS is smaller?
And why was IPS glitchy and this one isn't?

IPS can be smaller. Not always anyway. The reason is that if there are, say 16 bytes changed at offset 0x0, the .ips file size would be a bit more than 16 bytes. The same patch in APS format would take a bit more than 65536 bytes instead. Once you compress the patches, though, the difference is barely noticeable.

However, consider this. Using IPS, there's no easy way to unapply a patch. And you if you make a patch based off FireRed you can apply it on Ruby, for example, without problems. Of course it wouldn't work, but you could still patch Ruby. Which is something the APS format won't let you do.

EDIT: The IPS format cannot support files bigger than 16 MB too.

Last edited:

ville!

Abbysus, abbysus invocat!
Years
Hi hackmew, so, can u make a tool to edit the asm routine? for example for items...?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Thank you very much for all great tools
You're Welcome.

Hi HackMew, so, can u make a tool to edit the asm routine? for example for items...?

The ASM routine could do just anything. There's no way to make a tool which could handle all possible situations for different items etc.

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
What about an asm routine generator? There are already script generators.

I'm actually against any sort of script generators. They're barely useful, and won't help you learn how to make scripts because you can click a button or two, and there it is: done.
I don't really see the point. You can always copy a decompiled script and edit it to suit your needs.

^ Replace "script" with "ASM routine".

How about something connected to Abilities or Cries?
That'd be cool :)

Abilities or cries? I said already I will make a cry editing tool; for now you can use PokeCry.
As for abilities... changing their behaviour requires ASM. I don't see how a tool could handle that.

Kwajah

i'm close to the edge
Years
Does this work on everything? I mean Windows XP, Vista and 7. Because i have Vista and XSE doesnt open. But the other tools are GREAT!! So THANK YOU for those.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
do any of these work for the 4th gen games?

If you look under compatibility, you would see that none of these work for the fourth generation. However, some of these work with all GameBoy Advance Roms.

Also, please use proper grammar next time.

tinix

PearlShipper & C Programmer
Years
I have problem with XSE : when i try to open it it always gets runtime error 380 Invalid property value what can i do with it ?

Back