• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon VolcanicRed

Which demo would you like to see?

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Hello, I'm RikuCrafter! I'm quite serious about this project.

Pokemon VolcanicRed is a HGSS remake of Pokemon Firered Version. Inspirations for this came from Lightning Yellow (Desbrina's one), me replaying Firered, and a simple way for me to hone my skills as a RMXP developer. This game won't contain too much new stuff, but it will add my own twists.

Story:
As a remake, this game will retain the story of Pokemon Firered. You will follow Red's journey through Kanto, as he is challenged by his rival, Blue, the gym leaders, and the notorious Team Rocket. Additions and subtractions from this story include:

- No more Sevii Islands, the post game plot will be Red's journey to stop Team Rocket finding Mew.

Features List:

- My personal additions to the story

- HGSS Graphics

- A new rival

Team Requirements and Needs:
- Tilesetter (Permission editor)
- Spriter, for Agatha and Lorelei HGSS Sprites
- Tileset Creator (Creating a FULL HGSS indoor tileset)

Credits:
Poccil (Pokemon Essentials)
Pokemon Co. and Game Freak (Pokemon Firered)
CrazyNinjaGuy and other tileset creators (HGSS Tilesets)
Curt (Region starter kit as basis)

All maps will be remade in HGSS graphics as ALMOST exact recreations of Gen 3 (as close as I can get)

Please don't say "you're just copying Desbrina" or "the tiles have errors like that and that..." because I'm not worried about how perfect it is. This is a remake I'm making for myself and my friend, I just thought I'd share it with the community.

Screenies :D

Spoiler:

Please reply!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
First of all, usually I'm madly in love with R/B/Y remakes.
But, the way you have this at the moment (even thought you said don't) I looks just like desbrina's game.
Be brave, find better graphics than the official ones, there's a whole world of graphics you could use... I'm sure it'll change over time though.
Also, the hero's OverWorld does not match the tiles... your gonna need to change that too
Finally Pallet town, looks to squished together, spread it out a bit...

Good Luck anyway

EDIT: I see your looking for help, I can help you find some tiles to use, ones which appeal better than HG/SS, just whip me up a PM if you need some help.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
[SIZE="a"]Yeah, it does look like desbrina's. I'm gonna stick with official HGSS for now though (thanks anyway). I'm mainly using this as a practice project to eventually make my own game.

Project status:
Upto pewter (+cerulean, lavender, celadon and vermillion) MAPPED
Non important pallet npcs EVENTED
All music INSERTED[/SIZE]

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
[SIZE="a"] <-- I lol'd.

Okay, so I can see that you're calling this a practice project to make yourself better, but by doing nothing particularly new or different from what Desbrina is doing, you're only practicing mediocrity.

Work with the kind of tiles you'd like to use for your own game. Build the basis of a game here and then make it interesting. Again: don't just practice mediocrity.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
As I've said previously, I'm not copying desbrina, I'm doing this for myself, I'm just sharing it. In the end, I may just turn this into a HGSS Kanto Mapping project for others to use, and use that base engine to make my own game. If you think a Kanto Overworld HGSS mapping project is a good idea, just say it!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Just a few things bother me with this.

Your first post kinda contradicts itself. You say your game doesn't contain much new stuff and is following the red/fire red storyline, but your changing it by making team rocket go after Mew, and by changing the rival.

If your not going to put any effort into it, which your first post suggests with the comment about not being bothered how perfect it is subtracts from it a lot. There are a lot of tile errors in those screenshots.

if you do end up releasing a HGSS region starter, if its not mapped properly the chances of anyone using it is slim since they'd have to remap parts of it.

Also, i wasn't impressed with you asking for the "source code" for Lightning Yellow. Just because i'd not posted in the thread for a couple of days didn't mean it was abandoned.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
[SIZE="a"]Yes it's full of errors, I'm not going to deny that (I asked for the source code because with the last update being July.) If you have a problem with it, I'll stop.

All you have to do is ask, I've still got my fanfic.[/SIZE]

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yes, but if you'd looked at the recent posts you'd have found that i have an update almost ready. You messaged me on the 7th september, my last update was the 4th. I'm not going to have abandoned it in a couple of days

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
OK, I believe my next move to be the smartest thing to do, to keep everyone happy.

I will be continuing this as a Firered Kanto Mapping Project in HGSS Graphics and will be creating my own unique game. I'm very sorry if this has upset anyone, but desbrina's will always be better. Why try to defeat the clearly better competition?

- RikuCrafter

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
OK, I believe my next move to be the smartest thing to do, to keep everyone happy.

I will be continuing this as a Firered Kanto Mapping Project in HGSS Graphics and will be creating my own unique game. I'm very sorry if this has upset anyone, but desbrina's will always be better. Why try to defeat the clearly better competition?

- RikuCrafter

If u were going to keep it has Remapping project then u why make it a game?
it will be just Fire Red with HG/SS Graphics. Try to have some new ideas in this game than just modifying the story...

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015

- RikuCrafter

Desbrina is better for now, but she's not the best. You could easily think of an idea which will outshine her game.
You just need to think, and I doubt this has upset anyone were just here to help.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Yeah, maybe. Anyway, I've decided to work on my project, and announce it when a beta is ready.

Last edited:
Back