• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

Nika failed to thank Tristen for her courtesy, oblivious to the fact that it was such. Her focus was entirely on the battle and the optimal strategy. Steel types were notoriously tough nuts to crack, which meant Screech could be a viable opening gambit to soften Skarmony up. Bug Bite wouldn't do very much damage, but it would help to get rid of any Berry they might have up their sleeve. But no. They had recently developed a new strategy, and now was the time to test it. If it worked against Tristen it would perhaps stand a chance against her mother.

"Thunder Wave." She said sharply, without an ounce of pomp.

Spider tensed, though it would take sharp eyes to notice it on such a small pokemon, focusing her four eyes on Skarmony. Waves of powerful, crackling yellow static electricity flooded from the bug type, rolling across the battlefield. The majority of the static was headed for Skarmony. Thanks to Spider's Compound Eyes evading an attack was next to impossible. Even moves that boosted evasion like Double Team would only bring a pokemons chances to the norm.

Thunder Wave will slow Skarmony right down with paralysis, and leave it unable to attack occassionally. This way we can take control early and set them up for a hard fall.

Batel

A nothing.
Years
Andy walked with the others toward the beach, sliding his hands into the pockets on his pants and thinking aloud. "An egg, huh? I've never seen a pokémon egg before."
Andy didn't bother returning Catches to his pokéball. He could see rather well that the Tyrogue was too full of energy to be cooped up in his pokéball all day.
"You all have impressive pokemon," said Andy with admiration "..if the time comes that I have to battle one of you, I'm going to have a hard time winning...!"
With so many new things happening, Andy couldn't help but wonder at it all.
What other new friends would he make? Would coming here mean becoming as good as Brawly?
"Only here a while and already I-" Andy cut off his own sentence with a quiet whimper.
Stopping dead in his tracks, he brought a hand to his forehead and winced.
Working up the back of his head was the most brutal pain imaginable, almost like being hit across the head with a baseball bat.
"Ngh... D-darn it..." Andy grunted, trying to shake off the pain so that the others wouldn't notice.
He thought he'd gotten used to the pain, but it seemed that even now it affected him just as much as before. Of course, Catches noticed immediately and came to Andy's side, putting an arm around Andy to help him stay up.
"Thanks buddy," Andy thought graciously "don't know what I'd do without you.."

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Kiki

Kiki sorted of spaced out for a moment and let everything haround her. She saw all the other pokemon come out and grinned, pulling Cynder's ball off of her belt.

"You raised your Cyndaquil from an egg too? WOW! Cynder, say hi to Amber!" she said, tossing her pokeball and dropping Cynder right in front of the other cyndaquil. Cynder meeped with slight discomfort and shied away from the pokemon. Oh well. She'd get over it. Kiki bent down and scooped Cynder into her arms and held her next to the plushie.

"Starly!" Birdy cried impatiently, clearly wanting to get moving or battle or something. That bird... He was funny. Kiki grinned and grabbed one of her friends at random.

"Wanna battle? Birdy looks bored!" she said eagerly.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Yuki, walking towards the beach, she suddenly got startled by Kiki talking excitedly in front of her, and accidentally dropped Amber. The Cyndaquil fell to the ground, bouncing a little before coming to a rest. A few seconds later, yet another Cyndaquil by the name of Cynder dropped right in front of Yuki's partner. Amber, rather annoyed at being dropped, erupted flames from its back and growled menacingly at Cynder, who appeared to shy away in discomfort.

"Uh...yes...she was raised from an egg...I...I take it your Cyndaquil was as well..? Why, what a coincidence," she replied rather weakly. After being prompted to battle, Yuki continued, "Uh...yes, I would like to battle, but...we must start walking to the beach first, you know...we could battle there, if you want..." Yet again slightly taken aback by Kiki's sudden chatter, she soothed Amber, picked her up and started walking.

As Yuki started walking, she heard a grunt from behind, and quickly turned around. Andy had stopped walking and was holding his head in his hands with a most horrible expression contorting his face and a wince escaping his lips. She dropped her things and quickly rushed to his side, concern flooding through her. "Are...are you okay...Andy..??" she asked, supporting him alongside Catches. She didn't understand what had happened to her new friend.

Last edited:

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn finally made it to the beach. He started looking all around for a pokemon, passing by Krabbys, seeing a Staryu near the edge of the water. He passed those by, until he saw it behind a set of big rocks: a Shellder, laying in the sand. Excited, he quickly went around the rocks. Shellder, hearing something nearby, turned to face the trainer, its tongue still sticking out.

"It didn't run away. Looks like our luck is holding out, Zapper. Go get it!" he cried, anticipating the task to come. He always gets excited to see his team in action. Zapper cried out as she glided away from her trainer and hovered in front of Shellder.

Shellder retreated into its shell first, using its Withdraw. Shawn was undeterred. "Zapper, Charge!" She nodded, as electricity started building up inside her, ready to be unleashed. "Now, Spark attack!" he commanded. Flying quickly at Shellder, the Emolga cried out to scare her opponent...but then came into contact with an invisible barrier! Shawn now knew...a Protect attack, as well. "It's defenses are good, but we can beat them," he said to his teammate. "Quick attack, now!" Gliding again at Shellder, she glanced off the barrier again. Shellder's Protect was holding them back for now, but they were determined. "Zapper, fake out the Shellder by starting an attack, but Charge instead," he encouraged his Emolga. Zapper nodded, looking like she was using a tackle, bouncing off another barrier and charged her electricity again. Shellder suddenly looked worried, glancing one way, then the other. Did the protection fail? They only had one chance. "Zapper, Thundershock now!"

Zapper got close and unleashed an arc of electricity from her cheeks directly at Shellder, hitting it directly. Shellder screamed out from the attack, but was still ready for more. "Finish it with another Quick Attack!" Shellder intercepted the attack with a few pieces of ice seemingly from nowhere. The ice shards hit Zapper directly, but she kept her momentum, colliding with Shellder's harder shell. It was just enough, as Shellder opened its shell again, its tongue flopping out, too weak to continue.

Shawn got an empty pokeball out of his pocket. He clicked the button, enlarging it before throwing the ball at the dazed and weak pokemon. "You're mine, Shellder! Pokeball, GO!" he cried as the pokeball hit its target, swallowing it up in a red light. The pokeball landed in the soft sands, rocking back and forth. Shawn continued to watch the pokeball intently, waiting for the result.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Clearing--Battle]

Skarmory took the blow quietly, but he felt the electricity move through him. His movements seemed to slow down as he began to prepare his next attack.

Tristen watched as Skarmory began to act on his own behalf. Launching himself upward to keep his distance from the small Joltik, he sent a powerful gust of knife-sharp air towards the yellow pokemon, beginning with the offensive move Air Cutter. The moving atmosphere rolled in visible waves as it approached his opponent at incredible speed.

Concentrating on the match, Tristen began to think up a strategy for later use. This is going to be interesting.

Batel

A nothing.
Years
While he seemed distracted from everything by the pain, the agony Andy was feeling began to recede and he noticed that Yuki had come to support him.
When Andy moved his face to look at Yuki, his eyes met her's and he gazed directly into them for a long moment only to look away, his face going a bright shade of red. "S-sorry for staring..."
"Wh-why is my face so warm...?" he thought to himself "...maybe I'm coming down with something..."
Andy realized he hadn't said anything to Yuki in thanks and half looked at her, his face still quite red. "Thanks, but I'm fine. I-..."
Andy didn't finish his sentence. He didn't really know what to say next. He couldn't think of a reason at all as to why he'd just stopped walking out of no-where. He'd never thought up an excuse.
"Well... Maybe I'm not 100%..." he admitted "...but I should be okay, I promise."

Nideous

Years
Kiki

When Yuki left, Kiki whirled around to see where she went, and gasped. Andy was hurt? Andy was hurt! Oh no, Andy was hurt! That was bad, really bad! She rushed over and hugged him gently.

"What's wrong? Are you ok? Can I help? Do you need a doctor? What's wrong?" she said ugently, but making herself slow down so she could be understood. Cynder made an odd sound from Kiki's arms, staring at Amber. Of course, Kiki was oblivious to any anger on Amber or Cynder's part, as she thought the two would be best friends because they shared a species.

Crystallized

Always here. Always there.
Years
Alex blinked in surprise at Andy's sudden headache, walking over to see what was wrong, Rahya followed shortly after slowly lifting his head in a greeting towards Amber, a light smile on his face too.
"Hey, are you alright, Andy? I think I might have some pain medicine in my bag if you want some..? Will that help?" He said in a steady tone of voice, smiling kindly.
"Oh, and Kiki? I would love to have a battle with you, w-well... I-if you don't mind that is" Alex said/muttered, his face heating up a little, glancing over at Shawn just as he threw the pokeball at the shellder. "A-also...I-it looks like S-shawn has caught a pokemon... I-i think"

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard
En Route to Pokemon Center

Lucia watched as the dus and sand cleared from the battle to show Roberto was still standing, albeit he looked to be in pain and his legs were shaking underneath him. Lucia saw that the other Scyther was wanting to continue on the battle, but Lucia saw the battle was already done. "Enough!" She said as she rushed onto the filed and got to Roberto, trying her best to support the Scizor. "You okay?" She asked him while Roberto kept his eyes on the Scizor. The Scizor just nodded his head as Lucia helped him rise up. "Look, I need to take Roberto to the center." She told Jason as she began to to walk off with the Scizor. Samuel got up and stretched his back before following after Lucia.

Roberto grunted and pulled away from Lucia, wanting to make it to the center on his own two feet. Lucia smiled weakly as Samuel looked up at him. "I say you still needsome work eh?" The Absol chuckled as the Scizor glared down at him. "Stop Samuel." He said sternly as he continued on.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie Ryder - Academy Halls
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kiyoko wormed his way into the scarf resting around Valorie's neck and cuddled up there, eliciting a somewhat flustered blush from it's owner because, as a matter of fact, she does happen to be ticklish. Regardless, after Kiyoko settled down there she just sort of... resisted the urge to try and get him out, instead patting the rather noticeable bulge in her scarf lightly. Was it worth it? Well, for Kiyoko it would be a very warm place to snuggle up in, with support from Valorie's shoulders to lay on. For Valorie, it might cramp her style slightly, but she was... oddly enough okay with this, if not just because freaking out over it was probably the greater of two evils. She took a deep breath and... huh. A grown man waved at her. She just sort of looked up at him with an ever so mildly curious expression before turning her attention back to the others.

"Alright... We can ride Dragonite there!" she exclaimed, becoming a bit more cheery in the process. She then proceeded to start leading the others out of the office. As she lead Kilik, Mark, and her mother steadily towards one of the exits of the academy, casually stroking the Kiyoko-bulge in her scarf in a somewhat lazy manner, Valorie actually turned her attention to Kilik. "So... yours can do that too, huh?" she asked, sort of gesturing towards Mistress. She was, of course, referring to Mistress' ability to transform and speak the human language. Goodness help her if Mistress ever decided to do anything to her like she did to Mark. goodness knew she was the easier of the two to pick on.

Elizabeth - Elizabeth's Classroom
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marowak just sort of... warded away the Deino's initial attack with her bone hammer, brushing the Deino's head off to the side before being bitten while trying to ward off a second attack. Her response was honestly to just sort of lift Deino up with the bitten hand and shake it around like a ragdoll, as if to shake it off with ehr immense strength. Elizabeth just sort of... watched this, unwilling to have Marowak use an actual attack that might heavily risk immediately KOing Deino.

Last edited:

siiadams

Years
After what seemed like an eternity, the shaking finally ceased and that all-too-familiar sound resonated, stating that the pokemon was caught. Success! Shawn threw a fist high in the air, something he always did when he was happy and successful. As he walked to the pokeball, Zapper flew right to him. Shawn caught her in his arms and hugged her as he knelt down on the ground. He hugged her gently, pulling her away to stroke her cheek with his finger. "You did a great job, Zapper." Shawn spoke softly to her, "You've made me very proud." Zapper smiled and snuggled against his cheek as a thank you. He let Zapper rest on his shoulder as he picked up his newest member of the team...

That hit Shawn like a punch in the gut. Where did everyone else go? They all seemed excited about coming to the beach, but he didn't notice them around when he was battling. He placed the pokeball on the empty side of his belt, while thinking of a name for his new friend. He turned back away from the beach, seeing his friends gathered around Andy. He somehow got their attention, for they were all looking at him. "Did they really want to come, or were they just tagging along until they didn't need me anymore?" he thought, feeling a little abandoned...again.

Crystallized

Years
Alex blinked a few times in surprise and smiled brightly as he saw that the shaking pokeball stopped, he stood up fully and waved in Shawn's direction.
"Congratulations!" He chirped excitedly, walking over to him and then blinking again when he noticed his expression.
"Is something wrong, Shawn?.. You look a little sad, you should be happy that you got another friend. Right?" He said with a bright smile, for some reason his new friend... Looked sort of down, and he was defiantly going to get to the bottom of it.
"Sorry for not coming down there, Andy suddenly got a wicked headache... Maybe he's sick or something..." He murmured, his blush still on his face, looking back towards the group, for some reason blushing a tiny bit more, strange.

Batel

A nothing.
Years
Andy seemed almost alarmed by the amount of attention he was getting and shook his head nervously when Kiki hugged him. "H-hey, don't freak out...!" Andy knew he'd probably have to repeat his words a few times to stop his newfound friends from really worrying about him, but worse still, he was lying when he said he was okay. He certainly wasn't okay, he'd been getting these headaches for too long, and he was starting to get sick of it. How was he supposed to stop these things...?

Alas, even as he thought this, Andy felt like a further four bats were smashed across the back of his skull. With all of his might, Andy tried not to make a noise or show his pain.
The only noise that Andy let escape him was a brief "Urgh..." Even that annoyed him, but at least they'd think it was just what he had felt before, and not an entirely new pain. He certainly didn't want any of them panicking any further than they already had.

Catches kept an eye on Andy, wary of his trainer's state. There was a frown spread across his face, most likely due to Andy's headache. He didn't seem interested in anything but Andy, not leaving his side even for a moment.

Andy decided he should just thought of something else...his friends. He didn't seem to get hurt as long as he just looked from one of them to the other. His pain eased more and more as he looked to each of them.
"C-come on... We shouldn't keep Shawn waiting..." Andy struggled to put his own tow feet on the ground below him, but felt his legs almost give way. It would seem that for now, he'd need a little support. He really didn't like being supported(he didn't like it at all, for that matter), but he certainly wasn't going to make a fuss about it when he could barely stand from the pain.

siiadams

Years
Shawn saw that Andy was in trouble. He cursed at himself under his breath for being so selfish like that. He glanced at Alex, seeming that he was concerned about him now, too. "Andy had a headache? That must be a strong one if its causing him to buckle like he is," he said as Andy tried to get up, but saw his knees weak.

"We gotta help him," Shawn said as he raced over to where Andy was. Seeing that he was in need of a support, he gently grabbed an arm and draped it behind Shawn's neck. He put his right hand under Alex's right armpit and helped him to his feet. He looked around, trying to find a good place for him to lay down. There was nothing else for it. "I think we're closer to the school than the town. Andy, you can rest on my bed in the dorm for now. Can you walk any?" he asked, concerned for his safety.

Nideous

Years
Kiki

Kiki moved to Andy's other side and helped lift him. She smiled and tossed the plushie at Alex.

"Hold onto that, ok? Where are we going?" she asked, easily supporting most of Andy's weight, letting on that she wasn't as dainty as she appeared. She turned around and looked at all of her friends, smiling happily. Cynder yawned softly and stayed right next to her.

Crystallized

Years
"C-come to think of it...W-what dorms are you all staying in guys?" Alex asked, blushing a little as he caught Kiki's plushy, holding it carefully in his hands, Rayha came up beside him.
"I-if you guy want...W-we can lie him down on Rayha's back...H-he doesn't mind carrying people." Alex said softly, the pokemon in question giving them all an approving nod, looking at Andy with what would be a concerned look.

Batel

A nothing.
Years
Catches grunted unhappily at Andy's breaking away. The Tyrogue would have done the same himself though, and so just let Andy's friends take care of him. Of course, he remained close to Andy in order to make sure nothing happened to him, but didn't interfere any.

"Y-your dorm Shawn...? Sure..." Andy replied quietly, his voice almost a whisper as he failed at trying to stand once again "M-my dorm is th-the Entei one... R-red...and brown..." Andy's head was pounding so badly now that he couldn't make another sentence. Clenching his eyes shut, he tried to think of nothing. But instead, he kept seeing flashes of a mustard-yellow blob in his mind. No... Not a blob... A thing... A pokémon...? It was holding something... Something silver... And there was somebody behind it! Someone wearing black and red! The pounding became worse and worse. Andy didn't know how what was happening to him. Was the pain somehow inducing a waking dream...? Andy would have thought about it more, but drained of his energy, he passed out.

siiadams

Years
Shawn didn't know where Andy's dorm was, but he did know where his own room was. "Kiki," he said, "let's lay him down on Rayha's back and transport him to the Raikou dorm. I'll run ahead and make it ready for him."

Shawn wondered what had caused this to happen in the first place. He worried more about whether or not Andy was going to be ok. He was totally unprepared for this situation, but he tried to not let it show. "Zapper, wait at my room for me," he called to his pokemon. Zapper nodded, gliding as fast as she could to his still-open window.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark Wilson

Mark raised a brow in surprise at the sight of the now evolved Mistress. The last time Snype has seen Mistress, she was just a Zoura... guess its been awhile. Nonetheless he couldn't help but have some respect for a fellow prankster. Even Mark was getting all flustered. Snype even noticed Valorie get a bit irritated by it. It was a well played trick for the most part.

"Kehe, you've grown! I take you've improved on your illusionary abilities. Kehehe, I remember you sure looked pretty convincing when you changed into me! Had the charm and everything." Snype said.

Mark followed Valorie outside of the building, still somewhat curious at how much her mother knew about him. He was flattered. Maybe he did something and Valorie caught notice or something... or he was just gaining a reputation around the school... it made him happy either way.

"Heh, good thing we got out of that without much trouble. You two really wrecked the building back there! It was intense! Haha... guess I'm still a bit behind as usual. But I've been catching up lately Val! I've been having a pretty decent win streak lately." Mark said.

Back