• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello, I'm new! (:

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
Hey there guys!
My name is Sam, I'm new here!
I've been a long-time fan of pokemon.
I've /very/ recently got into the whole Wi-Fi trading thing, I'm afraid I don't know much at all!
I'm hoping to find some tips on here, and maybe do a few trades (hoping to find a Ditto that is not from the UFA in an attempt to start breeding shinies).
So if anyone has any helpful tips, trade, or just want to chat about pokemon in general, please let me know!
I love chatting with new people.
:3

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Hi, Sam!

Welcome to PokéCommunity! How long have you been playing Pokémon? :p

I see you're very interested in trading with others, and there's a forum specifically for stuff like that! It's called the Trading Center and you can do all your trading there! x) You can also find what others have for trade there, too. Maybe you'll find the Ditto you've wanted!

I don't trade often so I can't really help you in that department, but I know there are an array of shops in that forum that will most likely help you find what you need. :)

You came to the right forum to chat all about Pokémon and non-related Pokémon things! I hope you enjoy your stay. I'll send you a VM now. :D

Hope to see you around!

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
Hello!
:D
I would say I've been playing since I've been about 5 or 6, my grandma got me a game boy color and Pokemon Yellow Version.
I've been hooked ever since.
xD

Thanks so much for that link!
^-^
Hopefully I can hunt down that Ditto, I found out this method of breeding shiny pokemon that I would really like to try, I'm glad there's a specific place here in which I can start looking, that's quite helpful!

I appreciate you stopping by my thread, and thanks so much for the welcome!

Years
Welcome to PC, Sam! Great to see you here! ;D

I'm an absolute beginner when it comes to WiFi trading too, so you're not alone. Utilize the Trade Corner to your advantage though, they have lots of useful sticky threads including a fun Chit-Chat thread where you can discuss trading and ask questions. I'm sure hanging around other traders will be helpful and keep you wanting to trade, so hopefully you can make a post or two there if you're interested. ^_^ I'd offer to trade with you but as I've been saying elsewhere, my internet is wired meaning no wifi. It sucks but guess it's something I have to deal with. ;; Nintendo's official WiFi Connector doesn't do much good either due to constant disconnections.

But it's good that you got into Pokemon with Yellow since I found that to be one of the more addicting main series Pokemon games. Who can say no to all three starters + amazing new sprites that looked soo much better than Red/Blue? I certainly couldn't say no. xD; And as for the breeding shiny method, are you talking about the Masuda Method? I've been trying to do it too, but no luck yet! Hope your luck ends up being better than mine.

Anyway, have a blast here and contact me whenever if you want to chat! I'll reply as soon as I can~ see you around. <3

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
Hey there! Nice to meet 'cha, and thanks for the warm welcome! :3 I've been lurking the trade center a bit, managed to score a trade that I'm super happy about! &&You're right, the more I hang around there, the more I want to trade. xD &&Oh no, no wi-fi? Drat. Well, maybe once you have that back, we can trade or battle or something! :3

&&Yup, that would be the one! Just hatched my first egg, on to the second! I hope you have some luck and get you a shiny too! Is there a certain one you're trying to breed right now? Hope to talk to you soon!
:D

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
Hello Wind Heart, nice to meet you as well! Thanks so much for those links, I'll be sure to start exploring there. I can already tell I'm going to like this place, everyone seems so nice! ^^

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Welcome to PC! I mod the trade corner, so if you need any help, feel free to send me a VM or a PM. I saw you already found your first trade, so I'm glad to hear that! See you around~

Years
Hi Sam, and welcome!

I have to say, you've already started to find your way around if you managed to make your first trade in Trade Corner. Online trading is one of the most active communities here, thanks to the Quick Trade Thread, the Trade Corner chatroom and the various trade shops you'll find. Sadly, wi-fi problems keep me out of that section but at least I hang out in other parts of the site.

We also have some other parts of the site you can check out too, including the various Pokemon gaming discussions, including the upcoming X and Y games. If you ever need help, feel free to contact a moderator, just like Mac above me. They're pretty easy to spot so you won't have many problems reaching them.

Have a fun time here, and VM me if you need anything.

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Hello, Sam! Welcome to PC! So you want to trade with a few people? Then the Trade Corner is perfect for you! If you need any help, just VM or PM me. ;)

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
Hey Sam and welcome to the forums !
Breeding Pokemon can be a challenge, especially if you want them with the right nature and good individual values !
I wish you all the best in your adventure for shiny Pokemon and happy trading !

BanditThePikachu

The Raichu of awesome
Years
Hello, Sam! Welcome to Pokecommunity, it's very nice to meet you! I'm Bandit, your local Pikachu and Raichu fan.

Since it seems you have recently got into wi-fi related stuff and trading, a simply awesome forum you should visit would be the lovely Trade Corner forum!

If you have any questions or troubles, don't hesitate to ask another member or a moderator for some help, because we'd love to help a new member in need~!

- Bandit

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
Oh goodness, I miss one day and all these nice people show up~
Nice to meet you all!
8D
It's nice to see so many friendly people, makes me feel like I'm really going to like this place!
I hope I get a chance to chat with you all!

Back