• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Love in the Clouds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Third update! I've just gotten my sixth badge; here are the details if you're interested:
Spoiler:

The team so far:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Fennek
Spr_RS_Guitarist.png

Game: Ruby
~ Team ~

315.png

The Flower: Jade
lvl. 65
Giga Drain
Spikes
Petal Dance
GrassWhistle

257.png

The Gift: Burgundy
lvl. 68
Swords Dance
Sky Uppercut
Rock Slide
Overheat

350.png

The Pink: Magenta
lvl. 69
Surf
Ice Beam
Hypnosis
Recover

310.png

The Valentine: Sunny
lvl. 67
Thunderbolt
Crunch
Thunderwave
Roar

301.png

The Attraction: Violet
lvl. 68
Attract
Sing
Double-Edge
Heal Bell

Volbeat_Portrait.png

The Duo: Honey
lvl. 68
Tail Glow
Silver Wind
Confuse Ray
Baton Pass

Finally Done! I had to put this off til after Valentine's :(​

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator
Years
FINAL UPDATE:
  • Defeated the Eltie Four
  • Defeated N
  • Defeated Ghetsis
  • Completed Challenge

FINALLY!! Took most of the day to complete Elite Four, and took me two ties to defeat Ghetsis, but I did it! My first ever completed challenge!!

FINAL TEAM (As of right now, not after Ghetsis's defeat):

The Present:
Spoiler:

The Attraction:
Spoiler:

The Flower:
Spoiler:

The Duo:
Spoiler:

The Valentine:
Spoiler:

The Pink:
Spoiler:

Oh, and all these 'Sections' are what I will divide my Storage into and will probably write some short stories about them.

Years
Oh my gosh my life hates me and I accidentally hit save game when I meant toload game and I completely erased my whole save file ;_______________;

I really am not feeling starting all over again but if I did, I may do it on Crystal with Blastoise (valentine), Nidoking (Duo), Jolteon (Eevee gift), Miltank (pink), Rapidash (attraction), and Bellossom (flower). This is if I get to it though because life is busyy

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
Been off the forums for a little while now...still haven't beat Erika and I want to beat the game before or on the 29th...can I beat it in 8 to 9 days? Only time will tell...

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Finished my FireRed challenge!

Spoiler:

Years
Well, here I am again; I'm not actually dead and I haven't stopped. I just took a break because TAFE started.

Trainer: Local (derived from the challenge title)
Badges: Zephyr, Hive, Plain, Fog, Glacier, Mineral, Storm, Rising, [L](x2), Boulder, Cascade, Thunder
Pokemon:
litccumulusicon.png

Cumulus, the Flower
Meganium, M, lv66, miracle seed
Strength, solarbeam, body slam, razor leaf
litcnacreousicon.png

Nacreous, the Attractive
*Pidgeot, F, lv68, sharp beak
Wing attack, attract, quick attack, sand attack
litcstratusicon.png

Stratus, the Pink
Slowbro, M, lv, 66, quick claw
Confusion, psychic, surf, headbutt
litccirrusicon.png

Cirrus, the Gift
Jynx, F, lv68, king's rock
Psychic, dizzy punch, body slam, ice punch
litcaltoicon.png

Altostratus, the Valentine (that's not her actual in-game name, obviously, but it would be what she was called if I ignored the rule and matched her up with the others)
Ninetales, F, lv67, charcoal
Flamethrower, tail whip, confuse ray, quick attack
litcnimbousicon.png

Nimbous, the Duo
Magneton, -, lv69, pink bow
Thundershock, swift, tri attack, sonicboom
--

We're obviously training to level 70 right now.
-~-
Everyone's level 70 now.

Last edited:

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
Pokemon Gold Update #2
Current Badge Number: 8
I really need to get a move on with this. At any rate, I just beat Clair. Nothing much else, other than the fact that I finally realized that I wasn't smart enough to put a surfer on my team, so I have a lovely HM Slave Staryu... Fun. Other than that, I've been too lazy to train my Present. I'll work on that... hopefully. (Or it will just sit in my party at an unreasonably low level since egg shields are always nice...)

Current Team
Spoiler:

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Fourth update! Eek, only about four days left! I've been so distracted lately (thanks for that, Fire Emblem: Awakening... ¬_¬). Anyways, I've just gotten my eighth badge; here are some important-ish details I can remember:
Spoiler:

The team so far:
Spoiler:

Years
AND WE'RE DONE.

Trainer: Local (derived from the challenge title)
Badges: Zephyr, Hive, Plain, Fog, Glacier, Mineral, Storm, Rising, [L](x2), Boulder, Cascade, Thunder, Rainbow, Marsh & Soul, Volcano, Earth, [Red].
Pokemon:
litccumulusicon.png

Cumulus, the Flower
Meganium, M, lv71, miracle seed
Strength, solarbeam, body slam, razor leaf
litcnacreousicon.png

Nacreous, the Attractive
*Pidgeot, F, lv70, sharp beak
Wing attack, attract, quick attack, sand attack
litcstratusicon.png

Stratus, the Pink
Slowbro, M, lv, 71, quick claw
Confusion, psychic, surf, headbutt
litccirrusicon.png

Cirrus, the Gift
Jynx, F, lv71, king's rock
Psychic, dizzy punch, body slam, ice punch
litcaltoicon.png

Altostratus, the Valentine (that's not her actual in-game name, obviously, but it would be what she was called if I ignored the rule and matched her up with the others)
Ninetales, F, lv70, charcoal
Flamethrower, tail whip, confuse ray, quick attack
litcnimbousicon.png

Nimbous, the Duo
Magneton, -, lv70, pink bow
Thundershock, swift, tri attack, sonicboom
--
Contemplating replacing quick attack on ninetales with return (she's the fastest on the team anyway by a good 13 points)

Going to be heading for Mt Silver, then... after I actually fight the trainers in Kanto to level up some more.
-~-~-
Team level 72 all round, no moveset changes
red1k.png

Spoiler:

red2endbattle.png

... and then we went and beat up our rival in Mt Moon, because we skipped on that earlier.

Last edited:
Years
I think I will drop out of this challenge. I can't find the time to work on it, and even if I did, I wouldn't be able to complete it. 4th gen has to be probably the slowest gen, and since my computer is catatonic, that means no speed up button. What I was at was grinding Finneon levels, and Finneon just outright sucks. It was taking forever to train that thing up.

So that is why I'm unable to do this challenge.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Fifth and final update! Hey hey hey! The first challenge I've completed on PC! ^-^ Here's what happened since last time (apologies for the long battle descriptions):
Spoiler:

The team in the end:
Spoiler:

Ahhhhh~ I enjoyed this challenge! I'm glad I was able to finish it before the deadline. It took almost 34 hours of game time--a lot faster than usual, but I'm definitely not a speedrunner. I liked training all these pokémon I've never trained before, and even bringing in a NFE into the League was awesome. The final battles were great; I loved how everybody played a role. Only Pear didn't get any level ups from the final battles, but he was instrumental in taking down that nightmarish Hydreigon. ^-^

Last edited:
Years
I've gotten a lot done in the last few days.

I'm almost done!

Update 4
Spoiler:

Team
Spoiler:

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
Pokemon Gold Update #3 (FINISHED IT!)
Badges Received: 16 + Red
Final Time Played: 32:24

Finally finished this! I hit a slight road-block with Red at the end. At any rate, I finally beat him after a third time with a move switch on Mei to take out his Snorelax. Time to go relax and work on my other challenges...

Final Team:
Spoiler:

Years
This is my final update. I did not even beat Wattson(stupid Magneton). But here is my final team.

Leafhunter/Grovyle: Lv. 20 Male

Duster/Dustox: Lv. 17 Male

Silkworm/Beautifly: Lv. 18 Female

And the newest member,

Daisy/Gloom: Lv. 21 Female

Leafhunter(Gift)
Duster(Duo)
Silkworm(Attract)
Daisy(Flower)

Now to trade these guys to Emerald, and start a new challenge on Sapphire!(sorry for any mistakes, this was done on a iPod Touch)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Just letting y'all know that this ends tonight at 11:59 Central, so have your final updates in by then cause I'm locking it then! :) I've been busy with school and have probably missed some updates, but I'll get them tonight when I lock up the thread.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Okay so year 12 is really making me struggle with other things but I'm currently in Mauville City.

The Team:
Spr_3e_256.gif

Romeo (Combusken) Lv22.
Moves: Scratch, Peck, Double Kick, Ember.
Spr_3e_267.gif

Juliet (Beautifly) Lv22.
Moves: Morning Sun, Absorb, Stun Spore, Gust.
Spr_3e_044.gif

Blossom (Gloom) Lv22.
Moves: Absorb, Sleep Powder, Poisonpowder, Stun Spore.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Final Update! - Wow did not mean to put this off until the last day. Because I dd I went to face Red ver underleveled but in the end i manages to defeat him! (ok after a few tries but shhh...)

- defeated Pikachu with Arthur.
- defeated Espeon with Bessie.
- Snorlax was eventually defeated by Sunny.
- Venusaur was defeated by Ty Lee
- Blastiose was taken down by Florida (with huge help from Sunny)
- and finally Charizard was taken down by Sunny!
- Sunny was my mpv in this fight. Thank you toxic and attract!

Spr_2c_126_s.gif

Ty Lee | Magmar ( ♀ ) lv. 49 @ Charcoal
Flamethrower, Dizzy Punch, Thunderpunch, Sunny Day
The Gift

Spr_2c_215.gif

Thom | Sneasel ( ♂ ) lv. 48 @ Nevermeltice
Ice Punch, Faint Attack, Quick Attack, Fury Swipes
The Valentine

Spr_2c_222.gif

Sunny | Corsola ( ♀ ) lv. 50 @ Mystic Water
Toxic, Attract, Surf, Recover
The Attraction

Spr_2c_034.gif

Arthur | Nidoking ( ♂ ) lv. 50 @ Soft Sand
Earthquake, Strength, Ice Punch, Double Kick
The Duo

Spr_2c_241.gif

Bessie | Miltank ( ♀ ) lv. 50 @ Amulet Coin
Milk Drink, Shadow Ball, Rollout, Stomp
The Pink

Spr_2c_192.gif

Florida | Sunflora ( ♀ ) lv. 49 @ Miracle Seed
Synthesis, Petal Dance, Solarbeam, Sunny Day
The Flower

Love Slaves:
Oddish - Cut, Flash
Poliwag - Whirlpool, Waterfall

Last edited:
Years
Well, I think I'm gonna have to bow out. I've tried to beat the Elite Four about 5 times now. I got really close on the last one! But I'm running out of money, and with less than an hour left, don't have the time to level up enough to beat the elite four and Steven without relying on Hyper Potions and Revives, and then go win the cute contests. Not to mention the fact that I'm not really awake enough to think strategically, lol.

It's been a lot of fun though! And it's the closest I've gotten to finishing a challenge. I've gotten quite attached to my little Valentines ^_^ I'll probably still try to finish the challenge on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back