• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HOW DID IT GO DOWN?!?!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
In my personal opinion, it's always better to know as much as possible in the long run. You can plan better or act accordingly if you have more information about anything on your hand. Yeah there's news where it's embarrassing or terrifying to know in the immediate future, but overall I always want to know what's going on for the long term.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Actually I kinda am guilty of this, I often want to know everything that is said about me personally, good or bad, because I think I can use it, I often want to know what others are saying about me when Im not around cause I want to use it to improve myself if it's bad, even things that may end up hurting my feelings, I might need to hear it to correct things about myself.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I love knowing things I'm not supposed to. It interests me. It's like being told not to do something; it's only going to make you want to do that thing even more.

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Absolutely, though I draw the line at gossip. If the information is not a factual claim of some sort, I'd either rather not know it or will not believe it when I hear/read it, because sometimes the gaining of knowledge is inevitable.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Essentially, I am the background girls and guys in Grease's Summer Nights, the ones who want to know all the personal details of Danny and Sandy's romantic time together. Tell me more, tell me more!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Yes. I am also someone who doesn't have a problem asking things like that to people, even if it's generally frowned upon. If I wonder something, I ask it, though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
There are times when I'm curious about the things I'm not supposed to know about, but I tend to stay away from anything that seems suspicious.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Yeah! I'm a very curious person and I've tried in the past to get information out of people when I think it's particularly juicy and something I really wanna know.

I've stopped that now though. I'm still very curious and I like to know things, but I've discovered that finding things out about people means so much more if they trust you enough to tell you without you having to twist their arm. So now if I ask a question and people say they'd rather not tell me, then I tell them that's fine and back off. I don't want to know things that people don't want me to know, because I'd much rather I know because they think enough of me to tell me.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Generally not. Discretion is something well to advise if one wishes to 'enjoy life', but of course I only appreciate that after having come to know things. It makes one fearful, bitter and finally complacent... or englightened, as some cultures have put it. There's a quote that goes 'brave is he who knows everything yet fears nothing', I think instead that foolish is he who knows everything yet still cares.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
It depends, if it's something rather interesting, then I would wanna know. If it's something pretty dull, I wouldn't even care a bit lol.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Almost never actually. Nine times out of ten, if it doesn't deal with it, I'd rather not know. Last thing I need is unnecessary drama.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Almost never actually. Nine times out of ten, if it doesn't deal with it, I'd rather not know. Last thing I need is unnecessary drama.

Hoooooold up here - knowing things you shouldn't know doesn't mean you have to act on them and make drama, haha. d:

Anyway, yeah, all the time. It's probably because I just know a lot of people, talk to a lot of people, and genuinely I'm good at reading situations fairly well. People also tend to tell me stuff since I don't usually pass it on as, like Bloodex said, I don't want the drama that invariably comes with that. Not gonna say I don't like it at all. Indeed, it's something I use as much as I possibly can! I'm naturally pretty curious, so.

Years
I'm really curious, and it also carries over to forums where I love stalking conversations. I love looking at confidential stuff a lot hehehehehehehe.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
Indeed, I can be a very nosy and curious person. I am the type who likes to always be in the know about what is happening around them, no matter how upsetting it may be.

Also, basically this below

Anyway, yeah, all the time. It's probably because I just know a lot of people, talk to a lot of people, and genuinely I'm good at reading situations fairly well. People also tend to tell me stuff since I don't usually pass it on as, like Bloodex said, I don't want the drama that invariably comes with that. Not gonna say I don't like it at all. Indeed, it's something I use as much as I possibly can! I'm naturally pretty curious, so.

Years
Yeeees. I want to know all the things. I am very nosy and curious.

However, once I know them, I usually stay quiet about it!! I just want to know for the sake of it, not to gossip around.

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
I would rather know something, then weight it against my prior knowledge to observe, analyze, & theorize; as to it's existence, the how & the why of it.

In my opinion, it is the most fool-resistant way to advance as a person.

Back