• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
I'm not sure if I could imagine remakes in those new style of graphics. Not that it's a bad thing, but to be honest it wouldn't really feel as nostalgic for me without the top view overworld sprite.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm sure they will be next in line in the fans eyes but as you've said, I'm not sure if it would have the Hoenn feel to it in these graphics...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
if RS will be remade in this style i don't even want to see the gameplay. The graphics are TOO enhanced. if XY will be released in october, GF can still reveal RS remakes for DS, as they are probably made in Gen V

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
if RS will be remade in this style i don't even want to see the gameplay. The graphics are TOO enhanced. if XY will be released in october, GF can still reveal RS remakes for DS, as they are probably made in Gen V
Sorry to disappoint ya pal, but R/S/E remakes are coming out on 3DS as predicted, they wouldn't go back to an old outdated system, if you don't like the new games thats fine and all but Gen 6 comes first, its a waiting game now.

Years
I find this a bit funny. GameFreak and Nintendo just announced two brand new games, and we're already speculating what's going to come after they are Released.

But, yah most likely RSE Remakes will come within the next few years. Whether we like it or not. There's no denying Remakes of the older games. Most of the main series games will have at least one recycle.

And RSE and FRLG are up next.

blue

gucci
Years
To be honest, I haven't really been thinking about RS Remakes since the announcement of these two, I'm more interested to see how these turn out.

Tan and Teal

DS ROM Hacker
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 23, 2019
The whole topic of X/Y is driving everyone crazy, mostly out of excitement, but also shock. Generation V was ABSOLUTELY too short. The release of Gen 6 hasnt happened yet, remember? Only the announcement has been made. Over 6 months later, we will get our hands on those games. They have to go longer because of the international release, sure, but I would've estimated around July for the release. Translating is pretty easy if they can actually make the game in less than a year. So... why is there such a huge gap? It seems unreal that they would announce the game half a year ahead of time. I have a theory. We are still in Generation 5. They could make a Ruby and Sapphire remake within these next 10 months, and still have time to keep their usual pattern. It might not be the best game ever, but I want to see a remake so bad as long as it's in Hoenn, I don't care. I still want it to be good though. ;) This is only my theory, and I understand it may not be too realistic. But I think it's possible.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
OH my god.

I totally need to unsubscribe this thread, cause my head hurts from facepalming so bad.

Otherwise I might go insane if I see another post hoping for remakes through the whole year after what just happened today.

I was wrong. There is no hope for humanity.

Good luck.

Years
A little disappointed that the announcement earlier today wasn't for 3rd gen remakes, but can't say as I was shocked overall. Realistically, there was no need for 3rd gen remakes at this point, as all of the Hoenn Pokemon could still be transferred from Gen 3 -> 4 -> 5.

That being said, based on some of the early stuff we've seen from Pokemon X and Y, I'd love to see the same treatment given to Hoenn in the future.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I wasn't in the least bit surprised that this didn't end up being Hoenn remakes - that's what I had come to expect anyway. And, if anything, I'm relieved.

The thing is - Pokemon had to make the switch to the 3DS. There was no way they could not do that. Switching to a new platform creates a bunch of new opportunities AND a bunch of new problems. It's pretty much guaranteed that the first game(s) on the new platform are going to have at least some problems, and it's likely that they'll be a bit short on content, since GF is going to have to invest much more time and resources than usual into bug-squashing and is going to have that much less time and resources left over for extensive gameplay elements. There's just really no way around that.

It wouldn't do anybody any good - either GF or the fans - if they pushed out RSE remakes as the first titles on the 3DS. They have to get something out just to get a feel for the platform, and the obvious thing to do is a new generation of main series games. THEN, in whatever order, they can do the third (or third and fourth, or whatever) versions of those games AND the long awaited, much anticipated and absolutely guaranteed to be immensely profitable Hoenn remakes.

TL-DR? Chill.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Yeah, plus I'm sure if they ever get to the remakes that it would look absolutely stunning by that point since they would have played around with the 3DS for a while to be able to make it look really good.

I mean just look at Gen IV for an example, comparing the graphics from D/P to HG/SS. HG/SS looked much better IMO, so if remakes are potentially to come later in the generation then it would look even better. I wasn't even sure of how to react imagining running around Hoenn in full 3D like this, but it will just make it look even more beautiful. It'll allow us to look at Hoenn from a different perspective.

Either way, I haven't really thought of these much since Z and Y were revealed. I'm just really excited for X and Y now. Once they are out and finished with is when I will probably start getting back into thinking about the remakes, there is really no point now because the EARLIEST we will see them is 2014 (though, I think 2015 is a better estimate). They aren't coming this year though, to those who were saying that. That's a pretty absurd statement.

Last edited:

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Alright, I'll break character for a moment. With the reveal of X and Y, I'd actually be interested in seeing an R/S remake. Don't gasp too hard, now.

I mean, Generation 3 is where I stopped playing the trainer games, but it had nothing to do with the games themselves. I really loved the 3rd generation of Pokemon, and I thought Houen was a really cool region. I just burnt out, is all. But to see my favorite region again in 3D would at least make for interesting video watchin'. Hopefully they polish up the polygons, though. Yeesh.

I still think endless remakes and sequels are at best a seedy money grab, but I dunno. I wouldn't even want to see Kanto/Johto in 3D. But there's something about Houen that has a lot of potential to me. Unless X/Y covers a lot of the same environmental territory, then I guess that's that.

blue

gucci
Years
Hoenn has so much potential in 3D, with all those Watery Routes and with it being a Tropical region it would just be a dream to see in today's graphics.

Also, X and Y haven't even been finalized in terms of graphics so it can only improve from here on out and based on what I've seen so far, I'm really impressed with the 3DS graphics so I can only imagine how much I would admire Hoenn in those graphics.

With X & Y being the first released for generations, that puts Remakes in a better position because now, these games can act as testing grounds and for any problems that occur they can sort them out for any future releases on the 3DS.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Exactly. I always imagined revisiting Hoenn in a top view overworld view, not in complete 3D but now that it sunk in I am totally glad we haven't got the remakes yet because Hoenn in a fully 3D environment would be stunning. And yes, the graphics can only improve from here on out.

Hoenn has A LOT of potential in 3D, more than any other region IMO.

But now I'm just going to focus on X and Y, there is no point of focusing on these remakes that are still a few years away now.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
(Gen II and I may have been cut off from Gen III and on but it is as just as much of a hassle to have to trade through 3+ gens to get your old to what the current may be; if somehow it retained backwards compatibility up until 6 and beyond)

I wish that HG/SS had brought back the Time Capsule system from GSC so that Pokémon imported from FR/LG could be returned there and then traded to RSE like Pokémon (probably only Kanto ones, though; I haven't really played Gen. II…) found in GSC can be traded back to RBGY. That would have solved a lot of problems, don't you think?

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Of course, there is also the technical question of if that's even possible? As far as I'm aware, it wouldn't have been... but then again, when you use Pal Park, the game erases the Pokemon from the old game, so who knows?

Years
I hope that they happen, but It seems to me that Nintendo's past the remake phase. We had two great opportunities for RSE remakes and instead we got sequels to B&W and Generation VI. If they don't make Hoenn remakes after X&Y, I don't think they'll ever happen.

blue

gucci
Years
I'd give it until 2014/15 after we've had the "third" game for X & Y assuming there is one but if they move onto Generation VII without any remakes, I wouldn't hold out much hope. I know it's jumping ahead but now that we've moved onto the 3DS it's impossible to migrate from RSE to what will be the current games. Anyway I'm more focused on learning about new information on X and Y right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back