• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Trainer Association

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Welcome new members, great to see y'all here! :)

On a side note I will be training my ditto a little bit more today! I'm pretty pumped about that :P
Interesting, this is something I've never even considered haha - what's your plan for this? How would you actually go about training a Ditto? You'd always be one turn behind in the battles and whilst using the same stats/moves as them (but probably with less HP?), I can't imagine it'd be an easy one to train in any sense. I'd love to hear what you do to level it up because it's one that I've always wanted to use but I've just never had the dedication haha. Let us know how it works out for you!

Alrightly, well a little while ago I was playing SoulSilver. I've gotten to the Slowpoke town. One of my favorite SS parts lol.
Though I've forgotten a bad thing about replaying SS and that's Whitney, eheh...
Ahah, that Miltank is the bane of most trainers. What Pokémon are you training to use against it?

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I'm currently training my Totodile and Whismur.
Hanging out on route 30 a lot, looking for another whismur because the one I caught really doesn't suit me.
I'll try to find her a good home, leaving them in the boxes really doesn't seem nice to me.
There are also supposed to be some Ralts here too, but I have yet to see even 1. . .
Toto may not be the cutest, but she has a lot of personality...
and with a face like Whismur's how can your heart not melt?

Last edited:

HeyLoro

So shiny!
Years
Ahah, that Miltank is the bane of most trainers. What Pokémon are you training to use against it?
Not too sure yet. I've got my Quilava and Hoppip so I'm going to try and find more strong Pokemon before I hit Goldenrod.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Yay, new members and so many posts ♥

First things first. Welcome to HeyLoro, Rozu and Heretostay! Hope you enjoy the club and have fun, we're always eager to hear how you're doing with your goals ^_^

I love Water types, and somehow the fact that there are just so many Water Pokemon is making it even harder for me to put a team together. There are so just too many options! I've never made a monotype team before, that's why I chose the Water type, but it seems like it's actually turning against me, hehe! I have used a few Water Pokemon on my teams before, so half of my team will have some of them, since they're already level trained, and the other half will be new Pokemon. I guess the amount of them may be overwhelming, but somehow each of them still has its individuality. I've grown quite attached my Water Pokemon, Wailord included, even if I've never trained him for battling, he's always in my post-game team for HM purposes.

On a side note I will be training my ditto a little bit more today! I'm pretty pumped about that :P
Ditto is one of those gimmick Pokemon that I've never considered using in battle, I don't even know how he works in battle, so I'm really curious about your strategy too!

I'm currently training my Totodile and Whismur.
Hanging out on route 30 a lot, looking for another whismur because the one I caught really doesn't suit me.
I'll try to find her a good home, leaving them in the boxes really doesn't seem nice to me.
There are also supposed to be some Ralts here too, but I have yet to see even 1. . .
Toto may not be the cutest, but she has a lot of personality...
and with a face like Whismur's how can your heart not melt?
I've said this before, but those sprites are all so adorable! I'm not familiar with hacks; beside the cute new sprites, are there changes to the plot as well?

Im Start Pokemon Emerald Noow For My Ultimate Monotype Challenge I Chose Torchic Now Training It
Good luck with your Fire team! I never realized how popular monotype teams were, hehe.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
There is anticipation of there being plot changes, but as it stands right now Moemon is just an adorabler version of Pokemon. (check my sig for the link)

While out training my whismur got poisoned, as soon as the battle finished I RAN to the nearest Pokemon center, which happened to be in Cherrygrove and she fainted ONE STEP from Nurse Joy!
I felt so bad.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I myself have never done the challenges. I've always played through with whatever pokemon I felt like using, and pure grinding. If I WERE to use a monotype team, however, it would probably be a poison team.

I've recently restarted every single one of my games, from my original Red to my Black. I've also restarted my SS, Emerald, Platinum, Diamond, and Pearl, and my LeafGreen, not to mention my Yellow. My current goal is to beat them ALL. So far I've only beaten Black and SS. I'm at the Victory Road in Diamond, in Pearl I just started, Emerald I'm currently working on the seventh gym, in Platinum I'm making my way to Snowpoint, and in LeafGreen I'm working on the fifth/fourth gym. In Yellow I'm stuck on Brock (Freaking Pikachu!) and in Red I just restarted.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
You have so many games! How do you chose the Pokemon you use between so many games? Do you try to use as many as you can? Do you have any favorites that you just have to have on your team? Questions are up for anyone who feels like answering too :)

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I usually choose whatever pokemon appeals to me at the time. Although, during replays that aren't challenges I have to force myself not to use the same pokemon as before. One thing is that I have to use the grass type starter if I can. I just can't see myself using any other type.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
You have so many games! How do you chose the Pokemon you use between so many games? Do you try to use as many as you can? Do you have any favorites that you just have to have on your team? Questions are up for anyone who feels like answering too :)

I've been a collector over the years. Haha. But I usually base my teams on the following template. I never use the same team twice with the exception of starters.
Starter:
Surfer:
Flyer:
Attack Extra:
Defense Extra:
Speed Extra:

I use as few as possible, and usually have only two pokemon by the time I arrive at the third gym in most games. I only have four in my Platinum right now. I usually don't have a full party until I reach the seventh or eighth gym. Sometimes the Pokemon League. My personal favorite pokemon that I like to have on most of my teams is Snorlax. He's my rock. In terms of starters, Kanto I normally choose Charizard, but I've gone with Venusaur in my latest playthrough. In Johto I always use Feraligator, in Hoenn Sceptile, and sometimes Swampert, in Platinum, Diamond, and Pearl I always chcoose Empoleon. In Unova I chose Samurott, but I was very disappointed with the Unova region.

EDIT: I'm very picky about my team. I beat SS all the way through a total of four times before I was finally happy with my final team.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I usually choose whatever pokemon appeals to me at the time. Although, during replays that aren't challenges I have to force myself not to use the same pokemon as before. One thing is that I have to use the grass type starter if I can. I just can't see myself using any other type.
This is pretty much the way I play, bar the starter bit. I choose what to use as I play the game, catching and training anything that looks interesting, but I always try not to re-use anything just for the sake of avoiding repetition. I love using certain Pokémon in every team (ie Sandslash <3) but for the most part I aim to use completely different members each time to get some diversity going. As for starters, I usually end up abandoning them because they're all very samey too, but I occasionally choose to use them if they take my fancy at the time haha. Usually the cuties like Cyndaquil :D

I've been a collector over the years. Haha. But I usually base my teams on the following template. I never use the same team twice with the exception of starters.
Starter:
Surfer:
Flyer:
Attack Extra:
Defense Extra:
Speed Extra:

I use as few as possible, and usually have only two pokemon by the time I arrive at the third gym in most games. I only have four in my Platinum right now. I usually don't have a full party until I reach the seventh or eighth gym. Sometimes the Pokemon League. My personal favorite pokemon that I like to have on most of my teams is Snorlax. He's my rock. In terms of starters, Kanto I normally choose Charizard, but I've gone with Venusaur in my latest playthrough. In Johto I always use Feraligator, in Hoenn Sceptile, and sometimes Swampert, in Platinum, Diamond, and Pearl I always chcoose Empoleon. In Unova I chose Samurott, but I was very disappointed with the Unova region.

EDIT: I'm very picky about my team. I beat SS all the way through a total of four times before I was finally happy with my final team.
Your format is interesting and certainly sounds like you'll get some good teams from it, but doesn't it get kind of... samey and repetitive? I'd never be able to stick to a format like this, I'd get too bored of always having the same basic things haha.

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
I Finished Gold
For Trainer Type Ultimate Challenge

I Very Happy Now Im Going To Complete emerald

Gold Team After Beating Read At Mt.Silver
Spoiler:

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
Going back to past Ditto comments on this Page, when my Ditto is a higher-level I will tell you guys how it goes. I am going through some testing myself with my Ditto, I am quite positive that he will be great on my team but only time will tell. :)

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Ditto can be very annoying in competitive play. You get a pokemon all stacked with your boosting move of choice and along comes Ditto (with it's dreamworld ability) to not only copy your pokemon, but copy all of the stat boosts as well. Ditto is one of the only reasons I won't throw out Breloom against a mono-normal team. I can't risk the opponent getting that kind of power. If the unthinkable happens and Breloom falls to the opponent's ditto (now Breloom), Tangrowth is there to absorb every blow.

Nakala Pri

Welcome you guys! I can't officially accept you into the club, that's Miau job, but make sure to keep us posted on how your goals are going! I'd be interested to hear about your progress through all those games Musaddiq, and just how do you plan to become the best Rozu?

By... rockin' it day and night! After all, A Little Poison on The Stage, A Little Poison in Your Days. :P

But when I'm older... I wanna become a Ranger! ^^ I know you thought I couldn't get any weirder, but I just did. So EAT IT! >:D

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Nice job Musaddiq! Thanks for keeping us posted and good luck!

Gym Leader Rozu, you're name sounds a little familiar. I can't quite put my finger on it. Do you participate in monotype tournaments on showdown? If you do then I think I might have battled you before.

It's okay that you're weird, heck, we all are. Besides, you have to be a little crazy to survive.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Woo update time! If you're expecting me to have done loads, then you're wrong. I've done basically nothing. Almost done with Black 2 though, I beat Marlon the other day and am currently looking for Route 21. I have no idea where that is though, go me. Have a rather overleveled and underleveled team at the same time, I don't even know how that happens.

Good luck with the challenge Mussadiq! Completing Emerald in five hours sounds impossible to be honest. Unless you solo with... I don't even know what you'd solo with. But sounds fun whatever you're doing. :)

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
thanks Narnia and Slayr231 I Will Post My Emerald Update With In 1 or 2hrs :)

There Is A Quick Update

- chose modkip
- dedeated rival
- got pokedex and pokeballs
- reached Petalburg City
- defeated team aqua
- reached Rustboro city
- defeated Roxanne
- got Stone Badge
- modkip evoled into Marshtomp
- defeated team aqua
- got PokeNavigator
- got hm 1
- reached Dewford Town
- defeated Brawly
- got Knuckle Badge
- got HM05
- reached Slateport City
- defeated team aqua
- defeated rival
- reached Mauville City
- defeated Wattson
- got Dynamo Badge
- got hm 6
- reached Verdanturf Town
- got hm 4
- reached Fallarbor Town
- reached Meteor Falls
- defeated team mega
- reached Lavaridge Town
- defeated Flannery
- Marshtomp evoled into swampert
- got Heat Badge
- reached Petalburg City
- defeated Norman
- got Balance Badge
- got hm 3
- reached Mauville city
- got hm 2
- reached Fortree City
- defeated Winona
- got Feather Badge
- reached Lilycove City
- game saved

my team so far
Swampert lvl 54 @none
Lombre lvl 24 @none
Swellow lvl 43 @none
Breloom lvl 34 @none
Mightyena lvl 37 @none
Linoone lvl 33 @none

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
There's no doubt that Ditto can be a good team member (well okay, quite a lot of doubt on my end but still!), but how on earth would you train one? That's a mystery to me haha. I'd love to hear how you intend to go about training your Ditto or even how anyone here has managed to train one, because that's an impossible feat in my eyes. You're just using the same Pokémon as them but a turn later... and you have to beat several of them to level him up - how are you getting around this issue?

Also you need to get to work Sophie, those Pokémon won't train themselves ;)

And why don't you tell us some more about how you've been training your Pokémon and how you've been finding them to use, Musaddiq? :)

Back