• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Congratulations on your shiny...thing you got there! I have no idea what that is, but it's a shiny, so it's awesome! Congrats, Lando. ;) It's always great to see another shiny for the club.

I like the contests! The shiny circuit should be fun! I just have one question - with the Hypnosis thing, can it already know Hypnosis or does it have to learn it later on, through level-up? I was thinking of searching for a shiny Ghastly in FR while training my Pokemon to face the Elite 4.

If it's in the level up move set then it is fine. Moves that need to be taught through a move relearner also count. If you have to breed a move onto it, it doens't count.

Gastly is a Pokemon that is fine for that challenge.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Holy crap, I just hatched my shiny Absol on the 380th egg! :]

Congratulations!! That's awesome!! Only 380 eggs? Wow, the SHC is turning on its luck machine!

I was looking through the list of all Pokemon with unique typing, and Drifloon/Drifblim are the only Pokemon with Ghost/Flying, so Drifloon will count for the circuit! *goes back to SRing Drifloon*

EDIT: Darn, I won't be able to get B/W/SS today. :( I guess I'll have to wait until next weekend.

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Shinies are so cool!
I was playing Black yesterday, training my Gothorita so it could evolve into Gothitelle and that I could use it for the Battle Subway, and I ran into a Shiny Gothorita! I mean, first of all what are the chances of me running into a random shiny, and second of all, what are the chances of it being a Gothorita, just the same Pokemon which I just so happened to be training? XD;

I don't have pictures, but I could probably get a picture somehow if you guys wanted me to.

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
Years
Got a NEW SHINY everybody knows Ash's noctowl from the episodes right, well now I got my own yes I have a SHINY NOCTOWL :D. I'm superhappy with this one, when i saw the shiny patch i just couldn't believe it I was chaining and thought that it could take a while but at a chain of 11 the patch appeared. I caught it with a quick ball and couldn't stop looking at it, that was great way to start the night :D

EDIT:
Got a SHINY MACHOKE OMG second shiny in 24 hours yes yes yes :D :D

Pics will follow :)

Last edited:

G-Money

Years
Shinies are so cool!
I was playing Black yesterday, training my Gothorita so it could evolve into Gothitelle and that I could use it for the Battle Subway, and I ran into a Shiny Gothorita! I mean, first of all what are the chances of me running into a random shiny, and second of all, what are the chances of it being a Gothorita, just the same Pokemon which I just so happened to be training? XD;

I don't have pictures, but I could probably get a picture somehow if you guys wanted me to.

That's awesome! Congratulations!

Don't worry about the pictures; we believe you! But if you want to show us how cool it looks, we'd be more than happy to take in its shinyness. :) I can't blame you for wanting to show off an awesome shiny. ;)

I know your question was rhetorical, but just to let you know how rare your shiny was:

1/8192 * 1/649 = 1/5,316,608 chance of finding the Pokemon you were training

Or, if you were specifically looking for that shiny:

1/8192 * probability of that Pokemon appearing on that route

I don't know what that Pokemon's frequency on that route is, but they're usually between 5% and 20%, so we'll go with 12.5%:

= 1/65,536 if you were specifically looking for that particular shiny

That's awesome! Nice job getting a really rare shiny, "lol!"

Got a NEW SHINY everybody knows Ash's noctowl from the episodes right, well now I got my own yes I have a SHINY NOCTOWL :D. I'm superhappy with this one, when i saw the shiny patch i just couldn't believe it I was chaining and thought that it could take a while but at a chain of 11 the patch appeared. I caught it with a quick ball and couldn't stop looking at it, that was great way to start the night :D

EDIT:

Two shinys in one day?? Wow, that's incredible!! You are one lucky shiny hunter, DarkTorchic! I'd be ecstatic if I could get just one shiny in a day, "lol!"

By the way, I saw your post in the other club, and ours is much better. ;) I'm a member of both, too, but this one is where all the fun is! :D

Hunting Progress:

Friday: ~5 hours for Drifloon
Saturday: ~8 hours for Drifloon

Yeah, no shiny yet. I'm probably over 8000 SRs by now, or at least it seems like it!

Right now, I'm SRing for Hitmonlee since I left my DS with Diamond in another room and don't feel like walking over to get it, "lol."

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
Years
Two shinys in one day?? Wow, that's incredible!! You are one lucky shiny hunter, DarkTorchic! I'd be ecstatic if I could get just one shiny in a day, "lol!"

By the way, I saw your post in the other club, and ours is much better. ;) I'm a member of both, too, but this one is where all the fun is! :D

Hunting Progress:

Yeah, no shiny yet. I'm probably over 8000 SRs by now, or at least it seems like it!

Right now, I'm SRing for Hitmonlee since I left my DS with Diamond in another room and don't feel like walking over to get it, "lol."

Thanks I couldn't believe it either 2 shiny's one day but the day isn't over yet ;) I also think this club is better it isn't so restricted as the other one. Good luck on the hitmonlee and get on your feet and go get your ds :D

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years

EDIT:

Congratulations, those are very cool shinies! I hope you get more of the ones you want :]

Hunting Progress:

Good luck with your Drifloon and Hitmonlee hunt! I love shiny Drifloon, it looks so awesome :) keep it up, dude (and go get your ds lol)

Years

Probably not. You might be nearing 1000 :P

Needless to say, I did NOT catch shiny Druddigon. I just finished beating N on White. The honeymoon's over, so now it's time to shiny hunt! I'm SRing Tepig on Black, and fitting in some Kyogre multi-SRing when I have my second DS handy.

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
Years
Got a new shiny to ad to the pokedex :). A shiny electrike by chaining got on 42 and caught it with and luxury ball.

And everybody good luck on the hunts :D

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Howdy, chaps! *Adjusts monocle*

...Ahem. No luck thus far, here. I've been running left and right, left and right, left and right (feels like breeding all over again), getting a boatload of cave rare spawn "patch" stuff (gems, gems everywhere - some evolution stones too) but no trace of a Shiny, thus far. Don't ask me for a Boldore count, I don't keep formal track of numbers and haven't really looked at the game's total played time since I started.
There's a nice amount of risk to it, since it's not the only Pokémon that shows up in there - I might choke a Gurdurr if I see one as Shiny (wouldn't mind Woobat, maybe even a Cryogonal)!

In any case, nice Shiny spawn (and catch!) rates for you all, there! Keep on goin' and see ya around.

Years
Oh that reminds me, you never did get that KFC, did you? With enhanced Masuda odds, you really should!

Gigalith is pretty friggin' awesome. I like the fact that it lives in multiple places: it gives me a chance to find different awesome shinies on the way to catching it. As in, there's a whole ladder of caves I can work my way down if I find something else. I'll start in Chargestone and hope for a shiny Klink, then go to that funny one you need Surf for, then finally the low-level one.

Also it pays to catch shinies in their unevolved form this generation, since it fills more of your Shiny Dex!

200 Tepigs. 70 Kyogres since last count.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
Congrats to all the shiny catchers/hatchers so far! Quite a few cool shinies you guys obtained. ^^ Good luck to everyone else still hunting! Hope you see your shinies soon!

My progress isn't much to look at since I haven't got any of the shinies I was looking at over the weekend. I am pretty sure I hatched over 300 solosis eggs using Masuda Method on Black and not one in sight yet. So, I took a break and started breeding Oshawott and still, no luck after probably 5 hours so I stopped for a while. I'll probably try again for Oshawott though I really would like a shiny Solosis. I haven't been breeding constantly, just playing on and off since I was really busy this weekend. So, here's hoping! *crosses fingers* I'll probably get back into the swing of breeding tonight and trying yet again. ^^

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Oh that reminds me, you never did get that KFC, did you? With enhanced Masuda odds, you really should!

...My Kentucky Fried Combusken... YES! I MUST HAVE IT! In normal conditions, I'd say I would proceed doing it with a normal 1/8192 chance, but considering how quickly I'll be able to get ~2 31 IVs on one parent this gen (oh lawd, Emerald), I might as well try to Masuda it using the Ditto as Masuda stuffing!

No matter - glorious Boldore awaits us me!

Last edited:

G-Money

Years
Thanks I couldn't believe it either 2 shiny's one day but the day isn't over yet ;) I also think this club is better it isn't so restricted as the other one. Good luck on the hitmonlee and get on your feet and go get your ds :D

Haha, thanks! I did end up going into the other room, but I decided to leave one DS in each room - one to play when I'm supposed to be doing my homework, and the other for when I'm supposed to be playing video games! :D

I actually decided to take a break from Hitmonlee to work on a secret target. (Haha, I bet y'all are thinking, "Give me a break! This guy changes targets every two days!" Yeah, I know I do, but it keeps up the interest, you know? Having 10 shiny hunts is a lot more fun than just 1, "lol!")

Congratulations, those are very cool shinies! I hope you get more of the ones you want :]

Good luck with your Drifloon and Hitmonlee hunt! I love shiny Drifloon, it looks so awesome :) keep it up, dude (and go get your ds lol)

Thanks! Hopefully one of my [many] hunts will be successful!

Probably not. You might be nearing 1000 :P

Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny.

:D Yeah, you're probably right. I had about 1000 before, so now I'm probably around 2000 for Drifloon. Darn, these hunts take so long! I can hunt for an entire day and still not even be at 1/8 of the average time it takes to get a shiny! Boy, do I have a lot of work to do, "lol."

Although, while my Drifloon hunts might only be around 2000, all my hunts cumulatively are probably closer to 100,000! :P

Got a new shiny to ad to the pokedex :). A shiny electrike by chaining got on 42 and caught it with and luxury ball.

And everybody good luck on the hunts :D

Another one!? Wow, you're on fire! (No wonder your Torchic is dark - you burnt it! :P) That's incredible, getting five shinys in a month. I'm still working on getting one! :D

I just realized that I'm busy all of next weekend too, so I won't be able to get B/W/SS for maybe a month now. :( My plan was to tell my parents I wanted a different game to give me an excuse to go to the store to buy them, but now they're being hesitant with even letting me buy the game I was going to use as an excuse to go, "lol."

It would be really ironic if this club ended up like the last one with the Owner leaving for years...Landorus hasn't posted in a couple of days! *pokes* :D

Good luck to everyone on their hunts! In particular, to NightOfRemorse, MetalMario, Runasutaru, and Raichu1988! DarkTorchic already has enough luck/chaining skill, "lol!"

EDIT: Runa, when did you start the KFC hunt? Wasn't that, like, 5 years ago? Wow, that's a long time to be shiny hunting, Grandma! :D

Last edited:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
EDIT: Runa, when did you start the KFC hunt? Wasn't that, like, 5 years ago? Wow, that's a long time to be shiny hunting, Grandma! :D

Well, considering I had Emerald and played it for ~90 hours before all my games prior to 4th gen (and the GBA) got stolen in an unfortunate accident, I didn't get to hatch more than ~5000 eggs, on that hunt. :P

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Sorry for the lack of posting, I have been very busy~

I have edited the first post will all needed information.

Good luck on all hunts and congrats to all new shinies!

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
I would absolutely love to join this. :)

I've found myself a grand total of four shinies, all RE.

The first was in Silver. I found a Krabby, but I was so young (And hadn't lurked on the internet, LOL) I thought it was a glitch and killed it. XD Ah, youth.

As if in punishment, the years of RSE taunted me with not a single wild shiny. :( But, when I finally got Pearl, in the cave you find the lost girl in I found a green Zubat! O.O It was in a double battle, so I was terrified. I used the weakest move I had on the other Pokemon... and it criticaled and the other Zubat fainted. Fortunately, my partner only used a weak move, so the shiny was left with 1 HP. I tossed a Quick Ball... and caught it. O.O I trained it up to a shiny Crobat, but later traded it for a Mattle Ho-oh and a Hadou Mew.

Then one day after I restarted my Pearl, I was doing a scramble challenge. While trying to find a Shinx with Intimidate, I found a shiny Starly! This time I was much more savvy, so I traded it to the game that had all my Rare Candies to find out the IVs. I use that game for RNG breeding now. :)

And last, last but not least, my crowning achievement. I was playing through White for the very first time. I entered Heaven Tower for the very first time. My first encounter was of course a Litwick... but... I blinked. I didn't see the sparkle, only the very tail end. I thought I'd imagined it. Since I'd never encountered a Litwick before, I didn't know if the flame was the right color or not. I yelled at my sister to boot up the laptop, and sure enough it was shiny. I caught it in the first ball I threw. I hadn't been planning to use Chandelure, but seeing that shiny made me reconsider. I now have an orange Chandelure on about 60. :)

YAY shinies!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Wow about time this club got an update, I will go on my Diamond later and find all the shinys I have, Currently I am just playing through both black and white and getting some good natured pokemon I always use the grass to level hoping to get a random shiny but so far nothing, As I have 2 dslite and the Pokemon DSI on my final DS I am sring for Giratina on platinum, As soon as I get to SR points I will be trying to get The new shiny tio of Visarion, Cobalion and the other one, aswell as a shiny victini.

GL all and good to see the club back, will update with what I have later, I have 5 I think

Back