• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

where should my fic take place?

where should it be placed at?

• kanto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • jhoto

• hoen

• sinnoh

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • made up

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
It doesn't matter to the readers where your fic takes place because it's your fic. You are the one wanting to write it, and so only you can decide what happens in it. If you want to write about a trainer traveling through Kanto, or Johto, or Sinnoh...so be it!

The readers on this board are only here to help you improve your writing talents, and to be entertained by your story.

It's your fic, go ahead and write it!

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
Like Hanako said, it doesn't matter. There's plenty of things that makes each region special, but you can add things from Kanto to Sinnoh. You don't have to put the same events from games/anime, and same buildings (such as adding a daycare center to ONLY Solaceon Town or something), into the cities. =\ Be creative, and add whatever you want.

Though, there's not many Johto stores these days.....

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Yeah, thirding what has been said here: pick whichever setting best suits your needs. Personally, I prefer using original settings as that way I can rely on a pure OC cast and avoid any conflicts with canon material, but that's just me. Also, do remember that even if you place your fic in an existing region, it doesn't mean that you can't add your own parts to it (unexplored wilderness, less known towns, structures built in a time after the canon etc.). Really, be creative and just try not to blatantly violate canon characters or events if you need to use them. :3

Mind you, you misspelled both Johto and Hoenn in the poll, not to mention that you're lacking capital letters all over the place. I certainly hope that you're more careful about spelling and grammar when writing your actual fanfics, because otherwise you're bound to get an earful for that from one of the reviewers here...provided that someone comes around and reviews.

Last edited:
Back