• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
At first I though you said "Sprite and vitriol". And I was all like "wut you do with soda and acid? Gurl you crazy."
Vitriol would make a great name for a soda brand. It would taste awful though.

And I also like to make noise and so on during movies when I'm with friends. If I don't then all of the witty and insightful comments that pop into my head disappear by the time the movie is over.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
I only like other people watching a movie with me and talking to me if it's a comedy or light-hearted movie, otherwise stay the hell away from me. I roar and shed my human form to reveal Beelzebub himself if I am interrupted by a stupid comment by someone in the room.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Don't. Talk. To me. When I'm watching. A movie.

Whether it's in the cinema or at home with friends, I hate hate hate it when people talk over films. When I'm at home with friends, I don't say anything; instead, I mentally think of obscure ways to revel in their gruesome deaths. It's more becoming of me, I think. :D

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
I absolutely hate it when people try and talk to me while watching something. There are certain friends I no longer see movies with because of that. >_>

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
When I'm at home with friends, I don't say anything; instead, I mentally think of obscure ways to revel in their gruesome deaths. It's more becoming of me, I think. :D

Oh, lord, Jon, forget what I said about you being Katharine Hepburn, you're just some crazy Jigsaw-esque villain who needs to be stopped!

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
I...I have always had a soft spot for the first three Saw movies. When Amanda & Jigsaw died I gave up on the movies, but I kept on watching them anyway. I didn't expect anything above two stars, and to be honest, the first three aren't magnificent either, and I wasn't wrong in my expectations. I haven't bothered to see number seven in the series, though. I imagine sitting through that for an hour and a half would want to make me die in one of Jigsaw's mechanisms myself.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
D:

It's 3am, I was just drifting off into a nice sleep... and all of a sudden I thought "C&M DCC!" I was jolted awake and grabbed my phone, only to discover to my disgust that I have not posted here for five days. Ffffffff.

I'm glad I missed the classic movie discussion though, boring! Everything I know about Casablanca I learned from watching Gilmore Girls.

Years
They've made seven Saw movies? sgsjghsgdf

If they could do that then why couldn't we have had, say, better adaptations of His Dark Materials (a.k.a. The Golden Compass and sequels) or the Narnia books? D;

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
I don't think Hollywood would allow such atheist 'propaganda' material (His Dark Materials did have its roots in atheism, right? I hope I haven't gotten the wrong series, oops) to be released in mainstream media, lol. Society would fall apart at the seams! Civilizations would crumble! Nicole Kidman!

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
They've made seven Saw movies? sgsjghsgdf

If they could do that then why couldn't we have had, say, better adaptations of His Dark Materials (a.k.a. The Golden Compass and sequels) or the Narnia books? D;

I would say the Narnina movies are pretty awesome, rather different from the books at times, but they're still fun. The Golden Compass was...whoamama that movie had problems right from the start. I think the director even came out and pretty much disowned The Golden Compass now for what he feels was too much executive meddling thanks to the controversy over the book itself. It's something the studio should have been prepared for, but I think they just say a successful book series and wanted to capture some of that Harry Potter book to movie magic.

Shining Raichu

Years
You know, I really don't know how successful that book series could have been. I had not even heard of it once before that movie happened, and I haven't heard of it once since.

Years
I don't think Hollywood would allow such atheist 'propaganda' material (His Dark Materials did have its roots in atheism, right? I hope I haven't gotten the wrong series, oops) to be released in mainstream media, lol. Society would fall apart at the seams! Civilizations would crumble! Nicole Kidman!
No, you're right. That's the one.

I would say the Narnina movies are pretty awesome, rather different from the books at times, but they're still fun. The Golden Compass was...whoamama that movie had problems right from the start. I think the director even came out and pretty much disowned The Golden Compass now for what he feels was too much executive meddling thanks to the controversy over the book itself. It's something the studio should have been prepared for, but I think they just say a successful book series and wanted to capture some of that Harry Potter book to movie magic.
I guess the Narnia movies weren't too bad. They just felt a little too CG-tastic for me. And I'm a little bitter they didn't do them all. Not as bitter at what they did with The Golden Compass, but with that at least I feel like they failed so completely I never had to get my hopes up that they might make more.

Shining Raichu

Years
ZDUYRGHVAKREYHVBAKERUGYAKERULYGVHAERGIUWYHJBKERUTBVKQHGREVBIERG

I am half disgusted and half retardedly excited for this news.

CBS is remaking The Brady Bunch! The twist? This time it's Bobby Brady, the youngest of the boys, who will be the divorced father who marries a lady who is bringing up three very lovely girls.

Now, logically I know this is going to be terrible. But I was a huge Brady Bunch fan as a kid and part of me thinks that with the right formula and the right modern twist which makes it not quite so happy-clappy, it could actually be a pretty entertaining train crash to watch! If this gets ordered to series, I will be tuning in so hard. I just don't know whether I'll be in it to laugh with it or at it lmao.

HERE IS THE NEWS REPORT

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
I've never seen a single episode of The Brady Bunch :(
But, I hope they make 5253524 references to the original father in the series being a homosexual in real life, lol.

Shining Raichu

Years
The Brady Bunch was iconic! It was also terrible, but that's neither here nor there. You didn't miss much, but at the same time you missed everything.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
What the hell? Where is everyone? We can't keep letting this die!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Ugh, I know. Culture tends to die during any Olympics, and I don't want it to happen here as well. Indeed, it's probably time for a title change! :D

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
We can tough it out for another six days (at least, six days your time)! I imagine there'll be a bit of "well that was fun let's discuss it a bit more" talk afterwards, but six days and then the London 2012 Black Death will have left C&M for another four years.
We can do this, guys!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back