• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Gender Race v4.0 - [Emperors vs. Empresses]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years

Did anyone here play Advance Wars? I was so boss at that game and I'm pretty good at strategy games in general. I've never been able to beat my brother at strategy games though, he always beats me in certain types of games.

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years

Why? Too difficult or just not enough time? Days of Ruin's campaign is more difficult than the pas three games' because it doesn't have a hard campaign unlike the other games. To this day I still have trouble completing Lin's Gambit with a good score.

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015

I got stuck on a mission where I had to operate not only in fog but also under a time limit which made me stick to a Zerg Rush strategy all too often, it was against the New Rubinelle Army last I checked.

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years

I got stuck on a mission where I had to operate not only in fog but also under a time limit which made me stick to a Zerg Rush strategy all too often, it was against the New Rubinelle Army last I checked.

Uh, was it Hope Rising? Or Lin's Gambit? I can't remember if any were timed.

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015

It may have been Lin's Gambit since I remember using a female officer under the Rubinelle Army banner at the time, I certainly remember having only so many turns before something bad happened apparently as well.

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years

Then Lin's Gambit. You have to control Lin for it, hence the name, and Hope Rising has you in control of Will.

Long story short, you'll only beat this mission if you're... You need to play very smartly. Learn when to move up and when not to. Use cover... Move fast but not recklessly or you'll get wrecked. Badly.

When moving up the side with land units I always find it difficult to move across that chokepoint by the bridge where you end up in enemy territory and little cover... Just... **** that. You have to take your time if you don't want to lose too many units in the fight to take over more of the map.

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015

I can see myself having so much fun already, all that's missing is a jar's worth of fire ants chewing on my eyelids while I'm playing.

Provided I beat Crysis 2 first, that one I'm actually having a lot of fun on atm, gotta love automatic cloaking features.

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years

That comment right there is kinda vague... Don't know what you're referring to.

By the way, is that a Kill Bill avatar...? From that animated portion where it shows the leader of the Crazy 88 sniping some poor dude in a moving car from a skyscraper?

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015

I was being sarcastic while mentioning what my predictions were gonna be for the mission that I'm on in Days Of Ruin.

And yes it is.

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years

So does that mean you're going to hate yourself when doing it? That's the one point in the campaign where difficulty just spikes pretty badly.

Well, actually, difficulty sort of spikes when you hit Waylon Flies Again. All the following missions are a lot more difficult.

This is how the map looks without fog, if it helps.

http://www.advancewarsnet.com/files/awdor/Mission Maps/C21b Lin's Gambit [Fogless].png

I have the game down to the point that I have the damage calculation in my head already. I can put two units to battle and guess approximately how much health each unit will leave with and be right most of the times.

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015

Hardest mission for me before the on I'm one right now was where I had to take the base of this old man who was the leader of some blue army whose name I've long since forgotten, I still can't believe it's been 3 years since I last played Days Of Ruin tbh lol.

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years

Forsythe? A Hero's End? Yeah, that mission was pretty difficult. That's another difficulty spike, but it drops right after for a couple of missions.

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015

Yeah that was it.

My clan buddy Stepith still says I should try out the other Advance Wars games for the DS sometime, I told him I'd do it if he got a copy of Crysis 2 so he could join me in a few firefights for once that wasn't Horde or Beast mode on Gears 3.

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years

You should. One thing that should be noted about the past 3 games though is that the first 3 games are far more cartoony and far less serious. AW:DS features like... 30 or more COs and I guess they wanted a new start with Days of Ruin with all the new characters and such. The gameplay is the same but the story and feel is completely different. The AI also got progressively better and better throughout the series, but the campaign also became progressively easier. Odd, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back