• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genshu

Idealistic Seeker Of Truth
Years
I need advice on what the best level to evolve Cottonnee would be :P I don't really care about the last move (Solarbeam). I just want a moveset that isn't horrible. I suppose I could try to get my hands on some TMs if needed.

Right now i'm thinking of evolving it at lv 26 when it learns giga drain. then teach it energy ball, shadow ball an u-turn. :/

If i was you, for Cottonee I'd train it to 37, if possible. For the move Cotton Guard.

But with Whimsicott,
- Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball would cool for it, I'd do it ha
-Cotton Guard/Light Screen For defense
-Anything you want, Maybe Hurricane at 46?
if there's an item that helps accuracy it'd be perfect for hurricane

Hope that helps:)

Last edited:

molepeople27

Pumpkin King
Years
I have a question about catching the original pokemon... (Gen. I -IV)

Okay some from what I have read in the past is that you can catch some of the original after the elite four, but the only thing I have been hearing about is the you can you catch in the white forest.
I'm a confused on this matter so forgive my ignorance; but my questions are:

1) Can you catch some of or a good bit of the Gen. I-IV Pokemon in both Black and White (excluding the White forest)

2) And, if so, what is the list of the ones you can catch (excluding white forest as well)

Disclaimer: I have tried searching this online, however the keywords never come up with the correct answer. Thank you :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay some from what I have read in the past is that you can catch some of the original after the elite four, but the only thing I have been hearing about is the you can you catch in the white forest.
I'm a confused on this matter so forgive my ignorance; but my questions are:

1) Can you catch some of or a good bit of the Gen. I-IV Pokemon in both Black and White (excluding the White forest)

2) And, if so, what is the list of the ones you can catch (excluding white forest as well)

Disclaimer: I have tried searching this online, however the keywords never come up with the correct answer. Thank you :)

I believe a lot can be found through swarms, but as for others (if there are any), I'm not sure, which is why I merged it here for other responses.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years

I believe a lot can be found through swarms, but as for others (if there are any), I'm not sure, which is why I merged it here for other responses.

Several others can be caught on routes beyond what you can access during the original game (think the Fight Area in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum) and many others can also be caught fishing. Most routes after 11 will hold some old Pokemon, I believe.

There will be several more obtainable through the Dream World when that launches, too.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
After you've beaten B/W and get the national dex, since you are able to migrate other region pokemon from DPPt/HGSS, after they are on either B/W can you trade other region's pokemon to a B/W game without the national dex?

Sorry if this is confusing haha.. :P

molepeople27

Pumpkin King
Years

Thank you! I read that page, but I don't quite understand how a swarm works. Could you explain? And at what point in the game would you be able to do this? Thanks :)

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
Thank you! I read that page, but I don't quite understand how a swarm works. Could you explain? And at what point in the game would you be able to do this? Thanks :)

A swarm will happen each day after you get the National Pokedex by beating the Elite Four/first storyline.

Each day, you check gate houses and they'll tell you what routes the swarms are on. You go to those routes and the swarming Pokemon will be added to the normal variety of Pokemon found there (usually in high quantities, hence swarming).

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
So far, I have my fifth Gym Badge and I'm feeling pretty good about the Pokemon White.

But ONE thing is bugging me. Evoloution stones.

I know I can't transfer any from my Gen. 5 games. I'm not sure if I can get them in White Forest, but I know I can in Black City ( I'm going to buy Black soon)

Using Entralink, Can I keep iuncreasing the population of my forest/city with just my Pokemon White and Black version or will I need to interact with diferent people to get different residents?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
So far, I have my fifth Gym Badge and I'm feeling pretty good about the Pokemon White.

But ONE thing is bugging me. Evoloution stones.

I know I can't transfer any from my Gen. 5 games. I'm not sure if I can get them in White Forest, but I know I can in Black City ( I'm going to buy Black soon)

Using Entralink, Can I keep iuncreasing the population of my forest/city with just my Pokemon White and Black version or will I need to interact with diferent people to get different residents?
They're really, really, really easy to find - I've found loads everywhere, another thing you can do is use the Dowsing machine, I used it and found a leaf stone yesterday.

Serebii has a page on where to find most items so just take a look;
http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/

If you want to evolve one of the monkeys, there is a man in the first port of castelia city that will ask you which one you want to evolve and give you the stone. (it doesn't have to be for the monkeys though)

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
Years
To save me making a new thread, I'll ask here (Hopefully I got it right)

I just received the Master Ball and am about to embark on Victory Road *Gulp* - I was considering saving it for when I eventually face Zekrom, but I also thought about the other legendaries such as Victini (When I get my Wi-Fi working).

What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Age 14
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
Save your Masterball, Victini is ridiculously easy to catch. I have it in a plain ol' Pokeball.

Years
To save me making a new thread, I'll ask here (Hopefully I got it right)

I just received the Master Ball and am about to embark on Victory Road *Gulp* - I was considering saving it for when I eventually face Zekrom, but I also thought about the other legendaries such as Victini (When I get my Wi-Fi working).

What should I do?

Thanks in advance!
Victini is only level fifteen, if you have a level 10-20 pokemon when you get it, and a pokeball, its easy to catch. I caught it with one pokeball.
For Zekrom, maybe. I kept the Masterball for someone else, I caught Zekrom with an ultra ball. Zekrom has a 45 Catch rate, so just use it for somebody like Reshiram, Metagross, Thundurus or whatever.

Hope I helped xx

Years
are there any good fire Pokemon in White Version i chose to get the water starter and i have the fire pansear but its only level 15 and its not very strong , are there any other really good fire pokemon i can catch or look forward too while i train my pansear ?

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
Is there any Pokemon in Gen 5 that can learn Surf, Fly, Waterfall and Dive?

Ducklett and its evolution can get all but Waterfall. Don't think there's a new Pokemon that gets all of them.
are there any good fire Pokemon in White Version i chose to get the water starter and i have the fire pansear but its only level 15 and its not very strong , are there any other really good fire pokemon i can catch or look forward too while i train my pansear ?

You can get Darumaka on Route 4.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
After you've beaten B/W and get the national dex, since you are able to migrate other region pokemon from DPPt/HGSS, after they are on either B/W can you trade other region's pokemon to a B/W game without the national dex?

Sorry if this is confusing haha.. :P
Seems this question was missed.

And yes you can. Plenty of others have done that, so there's no reason why you can't.

Lateon

The Eon Follower
Years
I accidentaly knocked out Tornadus while attempting to catch it. Do the roaming pokemon in BW regenerate after you beat the elite four like in DPPt, or is he gone for good? I couldn't find anything on google

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
Years
I asked this before but no one's responded, am I going to miss anything important before my game ships on the 28th?

No sir, you will not. :3
There is only one current event out for Pokemon Black and White, and it ends on the 10th of April. (The Liberty pass used to get Victini)

juxta

3181 0814 1066
Years
Hey, I already put a question up yesterday but didn't get answered.
I just finished the elite four, and catching Reshiram and received the national dex. So I went into route 11 (My pokemon are all level 50-52) and it seems that the wild pokemon are my level and the trainers are about 64 am i severely under leveled or?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back