• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Noob

Banned
Years
Haha! I had a good laugh at this.

Your challenge sounds quite interesting, but I don't understand why you can't use the running shoes, since they don't really make them game any easier, just less tedious. If anything, people are less likely to play your challenge if the running shoes aren't allowed.

Everything else sounds really good though. I might give this a go at some point.

I do have a question, though. When you say that you can use only Pokémon on the first route, does that include Pokémon in the water, if any? And if this applies, is the use of a Rod allowed?

No, use of a rod is not allowed, unless the first route borders water (ie; Route 1 in B/W). I should delete the rule on no Running shoes. It makes the challenge seem less attractive.

Noob out.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
5.2) And no going into speed mode on emulators either.
This challenge is impossible. Don't even bother making a thread for it. Nobody can complete it.

In other news, I can't trade with TGB Dual. It doesn't register that I've started a game before, and makes me start over. I've read/watched numerous tutorial things and I am doing everything exactly as I am supposed to. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

The_Noob

Banned
Years
This challenge is impossible. Don't even bother making a thread for it. Nobody can complete it.

I've deleted the rule that makes it far too hard for any mortal man. I also changed the rules so that they are far less astringent on anyone with the patience to survive to the 8th Gym.

Noob out.

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
The challenge doesn't really seem all that good. The only thing I can see about it that really makes it a challenge, is that you have to only use Pokemon from the first route in the game, which is essentially the Second City challenge, which is kind of pointless.

Maybe something else for that dream themes challenge. I'd call it the Rainbow challenge. Essentially, you'd play the game like a rainbow.
- You must have six Pokemon in your team. They must all be Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple.
- You must catch them in order of the rainbow.
- - - If, for some reason you can't find a red Pokemon early in the game, you can choose another colour to start with, such as blue, but it must still be in order (so if you start with blue, you must go purple, red etc.)
- One of your Pokemon must be able to learn Rain Dance or Sunny Day via level.
- - - If you're playing R/B/Y where weather didn't exist, then two of your Pokemon must be able to learn Ember and Water Gun.
- In addition to the colours, 1 of your Pokemon must be in the Plant type Egg Group.
- Heavy fire type moves (base 80+) are banned from this challenge. You don't want a heat wave during the rainbow, do you?
- Ghost/Dark types are banned from this challenge, as they will darken the rainbow which you have created.

Brewds567

I'm dancing, I'm dancing!
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2014
You should probably post that in the dream theme challenge thread as well so that Laure has a higer chance of seeing itand apporiving it

Last edited:

The_Noob

Banned
Years
The challenge doesn't really seem all that good. The only thing I can see about it that really makes it a challenge, is that you have to only use Pokemon from the first route in the game, which is essentially the Second City challenge, which is kind of pointless..

I see. So perhaps this could be a more of an extremist version of the second city challenge. Except... It's really not. Meh.

Noob out.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
That sounds like a really fun challenge. I'd probably do it too. One question though, do you only have your "king" when it is fully evolved? Or do you have a king from when you catch the first form of it? Because that would make castling a little tougher.

You got me there, but just for the sake of the challenge I would say it is the King when you first capture it, that way people can't smack an Everstone on it until the Elite Four to make it immune to Check/Checkmate.

Years
The challenge doesn't really seem all that good. The only thing I can see about it that really makes it a challenge, is that you have to only use Pokemon from the first route in the game, which is essentially the Second City challenge, which is kind of pointless.

Maybe something else for that dream themes challenge. I'd call it the Rainbow challenge. Essentially, you'd play the game like a rainbow.
- You must have six Pokemon in your team. They must all be Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple.
- You must catch them in order of the rainbow.
- - - If, for some reason you can't find a red Pokemon early in the game, you can choose another colour to start with, such as blue, but it must still be in order (so if you start with blue, you must go purple, red etc.)
- One of your Pokemon must be able to learn Rain Dance or Sunny Day via level.
- - - If you're playing R/B/Y where weather didn't exist, then two of your Pokemon must be able to learn Ember and Water Gun.
- In addition to the colours, 1 of your Pokemon must be in the Plant type Egg Group.
- Heavy fire type moves (base 80+) are banned from this challenge. You don't want a heat wave during the rainbow, do you?
- Ghost/Dark types are banned from this challenge, as they will darken the rainbow which you have created.

If you did want to toss this one my way I'd add it to my forum, but it's pretty unique and challenging at that. At first I thought it'd be another simple color clause that always plaque me, but the fact that it has to be done in order definitely limits team choices making it a challenge.

>: I almost wanna do this on a R/S/E team, but than i'd be stuck with an N/F/E Wurmple

So the Weather Water Gun/Ember thing they just have to be a learnable move, or are they required to have it in their sets

Oh also am in love with the Chess idea D:

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I wouldn't go as far as adding it into your sets, but I guess that could be an extra rule if you wish to restrict yourself more. It should be added that two Pokemon must be able to learn the seperate moves.

Maybe Castform can be the Rainbow King/Queen, and thus can be a wildcard for any Pokemon. :)

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
I like the chess idea (Maybe just because i'm a chess freak) and if its here when i get home for my vacation, i'll do it.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I made the thread like 5 mins after my last post here. So I can't wait until Sydian approves it!

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
I made the thread like 5 mins after my last post here. So I can't wait until Sydian approves it!

Good! I want to do it soon.... except i already have 5 challenges, with im now finishing 1 by 1 first. but i'll participate when I've got the time :)

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Yeah, there's a lot of really good challenges that are coming up nowadays. It helps me, because it makes me finish my monos so that I can get to those other challenges that seem so fun.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm getting close to finishing Black so I can revamp the Favorite Challenge. Already wrote my new list of favorites...gunna require lots of transferring and trading though, depending on the types I'm assigned. So idk HOW this will work for others, cause I've figured out how I'mma do it. But there will be an alternate way to participate. :x But it limits you to just Unova Pokemon and only listing 1 Pokemon in each type. It shouldn't be too bad though. Also gotta write in a new rule for Rotom, since it's now more than Ghost/Electric. I'm thinking that if it's assigned as an Electric, you will be allowed to change forms, but if it's assigned as a Ghost, you can't, since now it loses its Ghost typing upon form changing. And then Arceus won't be allowed to form change, on the off chance someone gets it...

Off topic but I just wanted to let you know I love The Mars Volta. That is all. okgobye.

Years
I really wanna compete in the Chess one but it will have to wait until after I beat Trio species, which might take a while because this team kinda sucks. Breloom does all the work carrying these suckas :p

I feel guilty about my Dream Theme challenge as though I beat some sort of system by having challenges within a challenge D: so I will strictly stay to themey things and stay away from number limit thingys. That and now I feel like it's my job to complete all the challenges in that thread, and this will take a while

;_; hopefully the badges system will make it awesome and fun though cause that is more about what themes are rather than struggle

Oh, and 8 days til I get a DS and Laure is rocking 4th and 5th gen again D:

I still have my eyes on starting that egg challenge as well

Years
Wow, Chess Challenge does seem quite fun, ngl. Anyhow, I saw a bit of dicussion about emulators on the previous page and the thought of hacking tools came up. So, have you guys ever used a hacking tool to complete a challenge, and if so, which ones? I've used YAPE and the 4th/5th Gen Evolution Editor to evolve things like Gigalith, A-Starter for a Larvitar solo run, and A-Map, as well as the Advanced Series, so that I could use a Sandile in FireRed.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Wow, Chess Challenge does seem quite fun, ngl. Anyhow, I saw a bit of dicussion about emulators on the previous page and the thought of hacking tools came up. So, have you guys ever used a hacking tool to complete a challenge, and if so, which ones? I've used YAPE and the 4th/5th Gen Evolution Editor to evolve things like Gigalith, A-Starter for a Larvitar solo run, and A-Map, as well as the Advanced Series, so that I could use a Sandile in FireRed.
I use Pokesav mostly when I need to evolve stuff in HG/SS or D/P/Pt that require trades, although I haven't done it for a while. That last time I did that was for a Bug run on Platinum when I evolved Scyther into Scizor once I got the Metal Coat.

What does YAPE do, and where can I get the evo editor?

thenickel09

Lurker
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I use Pokesav mostly when I need to evolve stuff in HG/SS or D/P/Pt that require trades, although I haven't done it for a while. That last time I did that was for a Bug run on Platinum when I evolved Scyther into Scizor once I got the Metal Coat.

What does YAPE do, and where can I get the evo editor?

YAPE is basically a 3rd gen Pokemon editor (e.g. edits evolution methods, level up moves, Pokedex entry, etc.).

There's a 4/5th Gen Evo Editor 0_0........want :X

I also saw something while skimming through this thread about a tournament planned for the summer?

Count me in ^-^

Years
Is their a Pokesav equivalent for the gba games. Gameshark annoys me D:

I'm about to complete my fairy challenge going into the Pokemon League. This one was pretty easy because Clefable is an awesome Special Attacker and Butterfree is just a pimp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back